History my friend. Fighters are the key ingredient to any airwar. Battle of Britain. What won that? Spits and Hurricanes. Not Wellingtons and Lancasters. What won the war over Europe in 1943. Lots and lots of P-38's, P-47's and eventually P-51's. Sure there were a lot of B-17's involved, but in early 1943, without the P-51, Spaatz and Eaker were serisously considering abondoning daylight precision raids because of worsening German FIGHTER opposition. So yes...maybe bombers are more important...once the first step of air superiority has been won.

Also...if you are so defensive of the bomber as being the most important tool...why then do you have a signature of a Spitfire?

Just wondering.

Where is my he177 ??? I dont want betty, crapy bomber.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Akira_251_IJN:
    Gamers never understand that some people actually like doing historic missions. My entire squad enjoys doing them. We, on the other hand get bored pretty quickly doing nothing but lame fighter furballs. Maybe because it's been done in every single combat flight sim since the begining. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What he said!

CKY_86's Avatar Senior Member
    most of the people who are beckoning for the betty, proberlly wont even fly it i'll try put it like this

ive got a phone with a built in radio, im proberlly never gonna use the radio bit but its good to know that ive got it

think about it

This thead is dumb. "Whis is more important, fighters or bombers?". Its like "which is better, a microwave oven or a tennis racquet".
    About the Betty, I want to have it. Probably I won't fly it much (I don't fly the other bombers a lot) but I will do it ocasionally for variety's sake. I don't fly much the TB-3, but I really had fun with it sometimes and I like the fact that it is there.
    In my (humble) opition PF needs a few more planes. Some historically important planes are missing (the same could be said for FB-AEP too!). I know there are some on the making, so I'll wait patiently until the patch comes.

CKY-86,

Congratulations on your promotion to Lord of the Dumb people!

I have never heard such a stupid comment from a human being as your work of art located above.

Oh', I'm thinking about it alright, I'm thinking how the hell can this person be allowed access to a computer?

I'll bet that when you bought that phone with it's built in radio and you discovered that the ****ing radio was missing you would have been the first person in line back at the store to get your phone fixed!

'most of the people who are beckoning for the betty, proberlly wont even fly it'

Huh? what is that all about? That may happen in the schoolyard that you occupy bretween 9 and 3 but not in the real world. Yay! the Betty has arrived.....but I don't wanna fly it....I just like to know it's there if I ever wanted to fly it...which I won't...ever! PS: I am a complete idiott! Yes, that 2 T's for twice the I D I O T!

CKY_86's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WTE_Gog:
    CKY-86,

Congratulations on your promotion to Lord of the Dumb people!

I have never heard such a stupid comment from a human being as your work of art located above.

Oh', I'm thinking about it alright, I'm thinking how the hell can this person be allowed access to a computer?

I'll bet that when you bought that phone with it's built in radio and you discovered that the ****ing radio was missing you would have been the first person in line back at the store to get your phone fixed!

'most of the people who are beckoning for the betty, proberlly wont even fly it'

Huh? what is that all about? That may happen in the schoolyard that you occupy bretween 9 and 3 but not in the real world. Yay! the Betty has arrived.....but I don't wanna fly it....I just like to know it's there if I ever wanted to fly it...which I won't...ever! PS: I am a complete idiott! Yes, that 2 T's for twice the I D I O T! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i was using the phone as an egsample, oh & why the flame im only stating what will proberlly happen, im not gonig to get into a flame war, with you becos theres no point

thanks for the promo ive been trying to get there for a while

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cwojackson:

- Now I can fly an Avenger, one of the most prolific aircraft in the Pacific and a key element of the Pacific Air War.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you been smoking crack?What flyable Avenger?After patching to 3.04m I looked high and low it is still not flayable.LMAO

once again OMG...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Akwar:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cwojackson:

- Now I can fly an Avenger, one of the most prolific aircraft in the Pacific and a key element of the Pacific Air War.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you been smoking crack?What flyable Avenger?After patching to 3.04m I looked high and low it is still not flayable.LMAO <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Stranger things have happened...like the English Navy agreeing to place their battleships at Pearl Harbor in a reverse form of lend-lease. Here you go Yanks, some torpedo catchers for you...oops, I meant bomb catchers since the Japanese forces weren't flying carrier based A-20's at the time of the attack.