Actually, if we do see the Betty, I think it's much more likely that we'll see countless threads by various online Corsair/Hellcat self-styled aces complaining that the plane doesn't instantly combust when a .50-cal bullet strikes its surface, or that the defensive 20-mm cannon are, like, "WAY overmodelled, 'cos they keep shooting me down".

Anyway, the Betty was listed on the box, and for many it was one of the main reasons to buy PF, believe it or not. As has been pointed out above, lots of people LIKE the bigger, slower, harder-to-fly, more vulnerable stuff, offline OR on... Makes us feel superior when we shoot down the fighter jocks

Stiglr's Avatar Senior Member
    RWetterholt wrote:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It is modeled correctly...like 99.9% of the aircraft in IL-2 right now. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you really believe that, I got some swampland in Florida to sell ya.

p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member
    maybe we will get late betty with the self sealing fuel tanks...

tbh in b25, u will die/be crippled by one fighter, so it makes little odds..

actully all aircraft, moreso bombers burned well, due to carrying bombs, lots of fuel, and ammo too

it was on the box too, and it is technicly false advertising or whatever...

why you gripe for $40 on a great sim like this?

You've been given something so good that you are spoiled.

BSS_Goat's Avatar Senior Member
    The real suprise is Oleg & Co. are gonna give each and every one of us a flyable Betty. They are just having construction problems, an aluminum shortage I think. I also heard low quality av-gas is a problem as they cant fly them over from Russia.
    Although, I talked to OLEG this morning and he said my Betty just took off heading for Courtland Virginia and it should arrive in.....errr...... about 2 weeks.

CKY_86's Avatar Senior Member
    lol

F19_Ob's Avatar Senior Member
    I Dont know so much about the betty yet but it seems to me that the "burning like a match" is pretty much a myth.

I read an acount of an american fighterpilot who said that he couldnt get Bettys to burn better than any other planes and sometimes not at all and that he also thought that it was only propaganda during the war( on all sides).
    (Sadly I cant find the article again or the link to it is faulty.)

also most planes in litterature seemed to burn easily if hit in the right spots.
    Hurricanes
    spits
    he111
    p51
    b17
    yaks
    La5
    Russian bombers in general
    englishbombers in general
    German bombers in general

so...

sapre's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by F19_Ob:
    I Dont know so much about the betty yet but it seems to me that the "burning like a match" is pretty much a myth.

I read an acount of an american fighterpilot who said that he couldnt get Bettys to burn better than any other planes and sometimes not at all and that he also thought that it was only propaganda during the war( on all sides).
    (Sadly I cant find the article again or the link to it is faulty.)

also most planes in litterature seemed to burn easily if hit in the right spots.
    Hurricanes
    spits
    he111
    p51
    b17
    yaks
    La5
    Russian bombers in general
    englishbombers in general
    German bombers in general

so... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Still the IJN pilots called the betty "type 1 lighter" and many pilots demand a new model of betty with better protection, so I suppose it was quite vulnerable.
    Conclusion would probably be, it's softer then other A/C, but not as soft as the "myth" says.

F19_Olli72's Avatar Senior Member
    For me Wetterholts post is just a whine about whiners who doesnt exist yet. Ppl like different types of planes. So dont like bombers? Dont fly them, but let them who enjoy them have them without beeing whined on about whines who never were whined about in the first place.

Ivan said that this was only a patch and that the addon will come later, so i dont see why you all start rating already. Lets wait with the complaints to the planes arrives!

Other that that i will say that Wetterholts, i think that you jump a little to conclutions but then again i will give you that the people you are talking about have been seen here a couple of times before. But lets give the the benefit of the doubt for now.