GMX, the European distributer have lied to it`s purchasers of BOBII WOV.

We purchased the sim with a very tiny (unreadable) keycard, small map and no manual. This was in the special edition.

After several complaints, GMX piped up (Sept 6th) and said they`d replace these items with a proper sized keycard, a manual and larger as advertised map. They asked us to post our details on their site and wait for 28 days.

28 days later... Nothing. Then we had a message that we`d get the goods in... 2 weeks.

Still nothing.

It`s now 2nd November and after nearly 2 months and responses to emails or forum questions, I have taken the unusual step of calling GMX liars and advising anyone to be extremely aware of purchasing anything distributed by these people as you will most probably be paying 30 for inferior contents. Any promises made by them to rectify this are worthless.

This also looks bad on the software company that uses them (though it`s not directly their fault).

This does not affect Americans since they wisely use a different distributer that provide what was meant to be with the sim.

Just a warning. Take heed if you wish.

Heed.One english word I actually had to look up in my dictionary.
    I´ve learned a new word today.
    Otherwise,my copy collect more dust anyway,among CFS3.

p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member

incidently, ill gather ur bits together and post them off soon.
    in time for xmas anyways

Not sure how this is different from not including planes advertised on the box as being in a game

Anyone in the UK contacted trading standards? They don't like people advertising things that they cannot supply - I think it's known as defrauding the customer

Ta,
    Norris

BaldieJr's Avatar Senior Member
    WARNING WARNING WARNING

I recently purchased a new clothes washing machine that claimed to have 6 cubic inches more capacity that in actually does.

I have contact GE about this descrepency and they have ignored me!

I want all ubi forum members to keep an eye out for GE products as GE is a bunch of liars!

this is true GMX are a bag of **** ... every game ive purchased published by them has been of the worst quility ..they use the cheapest cases and the printing is rubbish ... even with the other games i bought published by them there were no manuals ..as i always say to any developer choosing gmx

"GMX wtf are you smoking you must be as high as a flying squirral to choose them to publish " o_O

Originally posted by p1ngu666:

incidently, ill gather ur bits together and post them off soon.
    in time for xmas anyways
    Ok, Pingu.

But really, I`m astonished and amazed by the actions of this company. To say they`re going to rectify a certain situation and then not. To string us along continuously when all they`re really hoping is that we will lose interest and forget about it.

I`ve heard about bad companies, but this is the first time I`ve seen such in your face bare-faced lying! This is the sort of thing that truly gives capitalism a bad name.

It would have been better if they`d never offered to do anything and had NOT taken our personal names and addresses!

@NorrisMcWhirter

Trading standards will be contacted too.

Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    Originally posted by NorrisMcWhirter:
    Not sure how this is different from not including planes advertised on the box as being in a game

Ta,
    Norris
    Oh, I can tell you how. Easy.

It's because GMX "piped up" and said they'd take care of it. And they haven't

Can you think of an instance were Ubi acknowledged the whole thing and then gave any indication it would be resolved by X date, and all the planes would be provided?

I sure can't. So that's how it's different.

Ciao

Originally posted by BaldieJr:
    WARNING WARNING WARNING

I recently purchased a new clothes washing machine that claimed to have 6 cubic inches more capacity that in actually does.

I have contact GE about this descrepency and they have ignored me!

I want all ubi forum members to keep an eye out for GE products as GE is a bunch of liars!
    How true. You should work for them! They like to use the `2 weeks` as well!

p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member
    yes, while they claim tobe compitant, i make no such claims