Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Originally posted by Ophen:

my problem is now, that my earned points in uplay goes to my girlfriends account :/
    I have asked if there's an easy way to change the accounts over for you

thanks alot, i hope they can fix my account login.

Ok I have had this problem myself. ie Could not communicate with Account Server error. What exactly is it that I need to do because as far as computers go I have no idea i know how to switch it on email and play games. Is it possible somebody could help me out with a step by step idiot guide before I really mess things up by fiddeling around.
    Much thanks

Originally posted by taffjones89:
    Ok I have had this problem myself. ie Could not communicate with Account Server error. What exactly is it that I need to do because as far as computers go I have no idea i know how to switch it on email and play games. Is it possible somebody could help me out with a step by step idiot guide before I really mess things up by fiddeling around.
    Much thanks
    If u having the same problem as me, with the "please use a valid username", what u can do it just make a new account, ofc u have to use another email, but this is not a fix tho, i hope ubi will sort this really soonish

No my problem has nothing to do with the validations Ive done all the valid account stuff via the internet. My problems is it say when I try to get onto the game"Could not communicate with Account Server error" always comes up when I try to log in. I just do not get this problem and all this chat about ports ect.

Sorry to double post but I have tried using my girlfriends email to sign up and encountered the same problem. This really is unacceptable. I have come how after a 3 month patrol looking forward to playing this game and it wont even work. Instead of spending my leave having fun im trawling through forums trying to decypher computer jargon. I think ubisoft should be aware that we are not all computer experts and should write their solutions clearly and accordingly.

I agree with Taffjones89 it is a joke. I ike him struggle to understand techincal computer stuff and these copy paste things that have been posted make no sense whatso ever. The should be and instructional video or a step by step picture guide. Technically this is also fraud, paying for something that does not work!

The biggest joke is, i wrote support 3 days ago, and still no answer, says 24-48hr, my guess is ubi dont give a flying u know what about their customers.

this is just sad :/

Originally posted by taffjones89:
    No my problem has nothing to do with the validations Ive done all the valid account stuff via the internet. My problems is it say when I try to get onto the game"Could not communicate with Account Server error" always comes up when I try to log in. I just do not get this problem and all this chat about ports ect.
    i read alot about ppl had that problem, what u can do is:

find your "hosts" file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

open it with notepad ect ect, and remove anything that doesn't have the mark # infront of it.

Save it, and try again

mine looks like this in Win 7

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    # Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
    #
    # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
    #
    # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
    # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
    # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
    # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
    # space.
    #
    # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
    # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
    #
    # For example:
    #
    # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
    # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
    # 127.0.0.1 localhost
    # ::1 localhost
    </pre>

I tried doing that but it would not let me save it. Should it make a difference that im using windows vista.