aminx's Avatar Senior Member
    We spend too much time sitting down in all sorts of ackward positions while facing the monitor This is causing a lot of physical ailments such as arthritis,cracking necks,fingers, eye sight problems
    marital and family and social problems such as isolation.Let us hear from the experts such as physiotherapists, diet experts, dieticiens etc what their recomendations are to keep us "top guns".Links to recommended sites would be very usefull.
    aminx

aminx's Avatar Senior Member
    We spend too much time sitting down in all sorts of ackward positions while facing the monitor This is causing a lot of physical ailments such as arthritis,cracking necks,fingers, eye sight problems
    marital and family and social problems such as isolation.Let us hear from the experts such as physiotherapists, diet experts, dieticiens etc what their recomendations are to keep us "top guns".Links to recommended sites would be very usefull.
    aminx

Ha...at 54 tomorrow...my blood pressure is 104/64...my cholesterol is 120 on average...never higher than 130 in the past year and I'm 10 lbs underweight.

I attribute this to never leaving the computer to eat,drink,smoke or take recreational drugs.

I never get colds..I'm thinking the monitor radiation kills all germs.

Well, my 2 cents contribution:
    At 51 spending hours and hours every day on this louzy sim I´ve found the need to do some walks, streches to keep minimum fit to face air fighting added to what italians for centuries suggested for a men healthy life: Mangiare, dormire e chiavare ( eat, sleep & f*** ) !
    Best,

Eat plenty of red meat (preferably grilled to carcinagenic perfection over open flame), fresh vegetables, and Coke or water. Coffee hagen-daz with chocolate syrup at least once every two weeks. No elevators. Have sex as often as possible and run at least 20 minutes 3 times a week.

I haven't gone up an inch in my clothes sizes or had my BP more than 120/70 (and that's when excercising or stressed) in years and I have a "stressful" job and raise 3 girls!

I have this novel method of keeping my weight down - Merry Christmas!

DD_NL's Avatar Senior Member
    And you ride a motorcycle, wow

http://www.crossfit.com

The only approach to true "fitness", not cosmetics and all the hoopla you get at commercial gyms nowdays.

My metabolism is like a furnace. I can eat pints of Blue Bell and Ben and Jerrys with no weight gain, though I do prefer nuts and fruits and cereals as they are just great tasting to me.

Eye strain is more my concern. A couple months back I pushed my LCD monitor back farther on the table. I'm sitting about 24 inches away from my 17" screen now, feels better.

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by adlabs6:
    My metabolism is like a furnace. I can eat pints of Blue Bell and Ben and Jerrys with no weight gain, though I do prefer nuts and fruits and cereals as they are just great tasting to me.

Eye strain is more my concern. A couple months back I pushed my LCD monitor back farther on the table. I'm sitting about 24 inches away from my 17" screen now, feels better. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used to be like that....... then when I hit 36 or so my @ss exploded...... It has since reattatched itself to my body but now I am at 210........ 6'1" ... not bad but I could loose a few lbs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►