If u come finland some day, u most go watch a icehockey match between Hifk and Jokerit, these 2 teams r from the same city and play against each other in a small arena with 10-12 thousands people packed in like macaronies in a box, and boy the feeling is awesome, everybody is cheering and screaming, and the matches r sooo though cuz of the rivality between these teams...

Been to excactly 23 icehockey matches, and 16 of these were with these 2 teams.

Only been to 1 "real" soccer match, and that wasnt so much fun becuse the teams in Finland r quite sucky at soccer...

Even in my owns league the game is more fun to watch than the finnish top league...

The "american" sport I like the most is by far Football, its so bloody cool to watch those games, and even if u look at it on tv u can feel the excitement from the fans, would be really aswesome to be at a real match...

But still Icehockey is imo that sport that excites me the most, I would kill for a match in the NHL. Cant some1 in america pay the airplane ticket and the match ticket for a match between Colorado and Calgary

Its a shame Kiprosuff aint in the same shape he was in the latest season...

Spekkio9's Avatar Banned
    Remm, where did you get that soccer is one of the most popular sports in school? No one I knew played soccer in elementary school, except for a few girls. The biggest sport in the USA up to high school is Little League baseball, then high school and beyond it's football.

Originally posted by Spekkio9:
    Remm, where did you get that soccer is one of the most popular sports in school? No one I knew played soccer in elementary school, except for a few girls. The biggest sport in the USA up to high school is Little League baseball, then high school and beyond it's football.
    Hrmm...in english school its footy this- footy that (You Americans call it soccer)...jeez you meantion baseball over here you might as well be talking to a brick wall...

EDIT: noticed how "American Football" and "Rugby" are practically the same game except the people in the first one wear funny helmets?

first i said baseball, second soccer because most schools in the us are smaller then you think and only offer three sports, add in the fact that all us little folk who are not big enough for football played soccer in the fall. LI is a different world the smallest class size you guys have is like 300 people, CT has a bit less so many programs dont offer football. I was assuming the same for the majority of the hick towns in the US...if i'm wrong so be it.

Hell i would have played LAX over soccer but there are only about four teams in all of CT and all are private schools.

Spekkio9's Avatar Banned
    My class size was 182 people, thankyouverymuch.

Go to the midwest. Football is life there, even in the "small hick towns," and soccer only exists for girls. What other college level sport can fill up a stadium to capacity with upwards of 100,000 people? That fanaticism starts when they're young.

Our LAX program was ghetto. We didn't even have a middle school team. So basically our JV high school team consisted of 16 kids and 12 hadn't ever picked up a stick before.

Frelli.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by Spekkio9:
    My class size was 182 people, thankyouverymuch.

Go to the midwest. Football is life there, even in the "small hick towns," and soccer only exists for girls. What other college level sport can fill up a stadium to capacity with upwards of 100,000 people? That fanaticism starts when they're young.

Our LAX program was ghetto. We didn't even have a middle school team. So basically our JV high school team consisted of 16 kids and 12 hadn't ever picked up a stick before.
    Your team must have been great ;D !

Peace out

If it's for fun with friends, I'll play just about anything. Preferably soccer and football.

If it's on a team, well, I would prefer to just play nothing. I hate that feeling where I mess up once and suddenly the whole team hates me. They don't trust me, no longer passing to me and try to avoid giving me the ball/puck/whatever.

However, as I said, if it's just for fun with friends, I'll play anything.

LEADER_ID's Avatar Banned
    Baseball is the adventures of dumb people hitting a ball with a piece of metal.

Soccer is the adventures of dumb people with European ancestory hitting a ball with a boot.

Originally posted by LEADER_ID:

Soccer is the adventures of dumb people with European ancestory hitting a ball with a boot.

Frelli.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by vedran33:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LEADER_ID:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Peace out