I figured that I'd follow up the "Favorite plane to taxi in" thread with it's logical followup topic. I prefer to sit around in an SBD-3 or -5, because you can shoot gas tanks, hangars, fellow plane sitters, etc., w/ the tail gun. Also like the B-25J, because you can REALLY light up the airfield w/ all those guns...

The Me109, because despite the generally unfavourable engine noises in this sim that one really stands out as an individual on initial engine startup and low RPM.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Cheers, Spinner

<hr class="ev_code_hr" />
    o Squads! Take a look at the ADW War, it's fantastic!
    o Spinner has been alive in ADW for a maximum of: 3hrs 38mins!

slipBall's Avatar Senior Member
    The 109 for me also....I like to sit, and look around till I run out of fuel...then I hit refly <div class="ev_tpc_signature">

heywooood's Avatar Senior Member
    Bf110 is good for that also...and you can switch to the gunner position and look around with the arrow keys...wooohooo <div class="ev_tpc_signature">

A few of The Few

The BF-109 is far too claustrophobic and I cant reach the rudder pedals properly in the 110. I mostly prefer the Hurricane for all my stationary pleasure, although the seat can be a bit hard.

Originally posted by heywooood:
    Bf110 is good for that also...and you can switch to the gunner position and look around with the arrow keys...wooohooo
    Yes, a nice plane. Turn the hat switch to one side and then continue panning with the mouse and you can see nearly all the way around.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

<span class="ev_code_PINK">My Aim is True.</span>

Bf109Z

If you're gonna sit around, you might as well be uber.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Tempest or Gladiator.

Two of the best looking cockpits in the sim<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Originally posted by marc_hawkins:
    Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. A 108:0 kill ratio is insignificant next to the power of the Force

http://www.fas.org/main/home.jsp

I prefer the zero's open cockpit, high-barstool setting

Originally posted by Feathered_IV:
    I prefer the zero's open cockpit, high-barstool setting
    Yes, relaxes yer legs nicely but you soon run
    out of activities despite its good allaround view,
    but having 3 buddies in TB3 as gunners is still my favourite,
    plenty of room beneath to fit more empty beercans,
    guns for all to keep annoyed neighbourgs outside disturbing distance and conversation
    on civil basis <div class="ev_tpc_signature">

"On your machine the plane seems to perform quite poorly.
    I think that there may be something nearby the machine that is causing this problem for you. You may need a mirror to find out what it is specifically."

AKA LeOs.K_Anak