In one of the first person flashback modes, Desmond says, in reference to Abstergo, something to the effect of, "...everyone has at least three of their products in their homes."

So, what I wanted to ask was:

a) Does anyone think Abstergo could be based on a real corporation, a front used to finance people with designs on world domination?

b) Does anyone care, or does it just make for a good story?

What are some big name corporations with sketchy histories that have their hand in everything?

Sony? NVIDIA? Tor Books?

naran6142's Avatar Senior Member
    i highly doubt that there is one company in control of everthing

i think it just makes an interesting story, cuz it is possible

Actually, I was thinkin it was Ubisoft. They make a game about what is actually going on, therefore everyone who plays it "knows" that the actual truth is fiction. Anyone who figure's out the story from the Assassin's Creed franchise actually happened is considered insane by the public. It's too perfect.

I now expect Ubisoft to appear at my doorstep and take me away.

I know the truth, Templars!

Krayus Korianis's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by naran6142:

Microsoft.

I wouldn't take it as far as they control everything, just that they have a hand in many important things: food, pharmaceuticals and over the counter medicines/health care items, telecommunications.. etc. This allows them to be highly influential on a global scale. There may also be a collaboration of a few key players.

The game has specifically referenced pharmaceutical producers and telecom companies. A few that come to mind are Phizer, Protor and Gamble and AT&T. Just wild speculation on my part.

Abstergo is based on conspiracy theories like the illuminati or freemasons which controll the planet. All informations in the "truth" and also the stuff in the laptop at the end of AC1 is not created by the writers of AC. They are conspiracy theories. Search the net and ull find a lot of stuff about it and ull finde Abstergo in any Theory across the internet and books.

read this. Thats what abstergo is about basicly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theory

Originally posted by sp33dd34m0n:
    Abstergo is based on conspiracy theories like the illuminati or freemasons which controll the planet. All informations in the "truth" and also the stuff in the laptop at the end of AC1 is not created by the writers of AC. They are conspiracy theories. Search the net and ull find a lot of stuff about it and ull finde Abstergo in any Theory across the internet and books.

read this. Thats what abstergo is about basicly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theory
    Yes, but sometimes artists use lies to tell the truth.

I think all of this 'NWO' and 'TPTB' stuff I see on the web is way overblown, but I always stay open to the remote possibility that some of it is true.

I do not believe that reptilians and grey aliens from the sirius constellation or something are here to enslave us and feed on our flesh.

However, think of some of the positions stated in AC1 by Vidic: A simple and elegant solution to all the chaos in the world. A ruling class that knows better than the "ignorant people" that never learn. A peace that is forced upon us and strictly controlled to "protect" us from ourselves. Remember what Lucy said? What they want is good, but what they would do to get it is really bad.

Do all of these things really seem so far fetched? The way that they would do it would be to control all the resources. They can do this with a few strategically placed mega corporations that allow them all the resources and capitol they could ever need. Combine that with complete control over the news media. You are then able to paint your plight in a positive light, or completely hide it altogether!

I believe such notions may be much closer to reality than conspiracy.

One could also this they are referring to the Free Masons an Illuminati which was highly visable in brotherhood if you looked at some of the 16 glyphs.

E-Zekiel's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:

Microsoft. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apple, tbh.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►