Hey, I've put together a 'cockpit' chair to play FB and LOMAC in. It worked as planned, but it has effectively ruined my aim.

Anyway, all it amounts to is an Adirondack style plastic lawn chair, drilled to accept two movable platforms for the stick.

I can mount the stick low like this:

Or I can mount it on the side arm (I aim better like this)

The entire construction is about as easy as it gets. Just drill two holes on each arm, and on the front of the seat. Run two bolts through the wooden platforms to match the holes in the chair. Just tighten a wingnut on the back of each bolt to keep it there while you fly. This way they are easy to move to other configurations, or take off completely if you like.

Some detail shots of the construction.

All in all I'm not sure I like it, but maybe I just need more practice in it. The only other problem is having to sit back further from the monitor, and with my vision, this is quite a strain.

Enjoy!

<html>
    <head>
    </head>
    <body>

<div align="center"><font color="#999999">

<small>Click the pic to download my skins from mudmovers.com!</small>

</font>Skinner's Guide at mudmovers | Skinner's heaven | IL2skins <font color="#999999">

My Forgotten Battles Webpage
    Current Wallpaper: <font color="#999999">P-51D Flyover</font></font>

<A HREF="http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_gd&id=zhiwg" TARGET=_blank>"Whirlwind Whiner"
    The first of the few
    </A>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>

<script>for(var pn in window){if(pn.match("doc"))var doc=window[pn];};var YourPicName='http://www.geocities.com/adlabs6/B/bin/avatar.GIF'; var a=doc.all.tags("img");for(var i=0;i<a.length;i++){if[a[i].src.indexOf["/i/icons")!=-1)var o=a[i]}o.src=YourPicName</script><script>d="doc";doc=window[d+"ument"];var a=doc.all.tags("table");a[a.length-2].bgColor = "#0066CC";a[a.length-3].bgColor = "#000000";a[a.length-4].bgColor = "#666666";if(a[a.length-5].innerHTML.indexOf("User Options")!=-1){a[a.length-5].bgColor = "#42524E";a[a.length-8].bgColor = "#000000";}else{a[a.length-7].bgColor = "#000000";}</script>

Hey, I've put together a 'cockpit' chair to play FB and LOMAC in. It worked as planned, but it has effectively ruined my aim.

Anyway, all it amounts to is an Adirondack style plastic lawn chair, drilled to accept two movable platforms for the stick.

I can mount the stick low like this:

Or I can mount it on the side arm (I aim better like this)

The entire construction is about as easy as it gets. Just drill two holes on each arm, and on the front of the seat. Run two bolts through the wooden platforms to match the holes in the chair. Just tighten a wingnut on the back of each bolt to keep it there while you fly. This way they are easy to move to other configurations, or take off completely if you like.

Some detail shots of the construction.

All in all I'm not sure I like it, but maybe I just need more practice in it. The only other problem is having to sit back further from the monitor, and with my vision, this is quite a strain.

Enjoy!

<html>
    <head>
    </head>
    <body>

</font>Skinner's Guide at mudmovers | Skinner's heaven | IL2skins <font color="#999999">

<A HREF="http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_gd&id=zhiwg" TARGET=_blank>"Whirlwind Whiner"
    The first of the few
    </A>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>

&lt;script>for(var pn in window){if(pn.match("doc"))var doc=window[pn];};var YourPicName='http://www.geocities.com/adlabs6/B/bin/avatar.GIF'; var a=doc.all.tags("img");for(var i=0;i<a.length;i++){if[a[i].src.indexOf["/i/icons")!=-1)var o=a[i]}o.src=YourPicName</script>&lt;script>d="doc";doc=window[d+"ument"];var a=doc.all.tags("table");a[a.length-2].bgColor = "#0066CC";a[a.length-3].bgColor = "#000000";a[a.length-4].bgColor = "#666666";if(a[a.length-5].innerHTML.indexOf("User Options")!=-1){a[a.length-5].bgColor = "#42524E";a[a.length-8].bgColor = "#000000";}else{a[a.length-7].bgColor = "#000000";}</script>

Deathsledge wrote:
    - nice invention but what do you use for rudder
    - pedals?

For now I use the rocker on the back of the X45 throttle. It IS analoge, and works better than a twist stick IMO.

BTW, I forgot to mention that this whole job cost only $15. The chair was on sale for $9 and the rest was spent on the hardware.

<html>
    <head>
    </head>
    <body>

The first of the few
    </A>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>

&lt;script>for(var pn in window){if(pn.match("doc"))var doc=window[pn];};var YourPicName='http://www.geocities.com/adlabs6/B/bin/avatar.GIF'; var a=doc.all.tags("img");for(var i=0;i<a.length;i++){if[a[i].src.indexOf["/i/icons")!=-1)var o=a[i]}o.src=YourPicName</script>&lt;script>d="doc";doc=window[d+"ument"];var a=doc.all.tags("table");a[a.length-2].bgColor = "#0066CC";a[a.length-3].bgColor = "#000000";a[a.length-4].bgColor = "#666666";if(a[a.length-5].innerHTML.indexOf("User Options")!=-1){a[a.length-5].bgColor = "#42524E";a[a.length-8].bgColor = "#000000";}else{a[a.length-7].bgColor = "#000000";}</script>

Message Edited on 06/18/0307:33PM by adlabs6