🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Trackmania forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

I think its wrong removing the trophy after 1 year

It feels wrong removing the trophies after 1 year. It feels pointless to have any trophy goal since now we are going to loose them.

Hefest just lost is t9 : https://trackmania.io/#/player/06496...6-d62caa7a9de4

Whats the point of achieving something and just loose it latter ? I think they said it to keep only the active player in ladderboards... but inactive player well get past by active player soon or late

I really dislike this and i hope i am not alone
     4 people found this helpful

It must be intentional, because everything they do it s against rewarding players. Nothing for mappers, nothing for players, trophies for MM after 6 months, the trophy distribution is unfair for everyone.

Although I understand why it is a good idea to remove the points after 1 year, Nadeo also needs to understand why it is really bad for everyone.

AR_Phoebe's Avatar Trackmania Moderator
    Hi Nico,

Trophy decay exists to have a dynamic leaderboard where it matters how active you are in Trackmania.

This is to prevent situations where you may be a new player starting out in March of 2022 for instance and being 2 years behind in Trophies to get anywhere even remotely close to top 2000. With our system, you create a fluid annual leaderboard where it matters how active you've been in the past 12 months and then measures you against all other players in the same timeframe.

Your trophies actually remain on your account and your total count is still visible, but it only counts the past 12 months of trophies for the leaderboard.

Hefest did not "lose his T9" - the trophy is still there and active, it just no longer counts for leaderboard total.

Phoebe
     1 people found this helpful

Montetatil's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by xYoYoKid Go to original post
    Although I understand why it is a good idea to remove the points after 1 year, Nadeo also needs to understand why it is really bad for everyone.
    Of course not!!

Just take a look at TMU leaderboard. The points system is not recycled, consequently , lots of players who aren't active anymore, but were present years ago are still in the top. I just arrived in 2020 and i'm "top 600 000". how absurd!

As a casual, I approve the concept of making dynamic leaderboard.

trophies for MM after 6 months
    Ranked medal system and trophy system are completely redundant, IMO I don't see the point to earn both of them at the same time. but nevermind, players complained and made nadeo open it for them, and now, players are happy...

I am all for recycling the leaderboard, but not like this. Either introduce annual seasons with annual leaderboards or let the system be like it is and introduce an overall leaderboard alongside this recycled one. I do not have a problem with the dynamic leaderboard itself, but with the lack of a complementary system that would give the player a sense of achievement.

About your statemennt about MM, I do not understand how can anyone enjoy playing something without being rewarded in any way, so I cannot say more. As you said, I am happy they introduced trophies.

"This is to prevent situations where you may be a new player starting out in March of 2022 for instance and being 2 years behind in Trophies to get anywhere even remotely close to top 2000. With our system, you create a fluid annual leaderboard where it matters how active you've been in the past 12 months and then measures you against all other players in the same timeframe."

This sounds great, but it is anti player if there is no separate panel/badges/titles/discord titles/club membership/real life prizes/money/coloured letters in names/special club privileges/a shoutout/an youtube video/anything really that would show your efforts for the respective 12 months. I am not under the impression that my solutions are the best, but I am convinced that there are people payed by Nadeo that would find the best one if they would look into it.

To conclude, I am of the opinion that the entire trophy system made by Nadeo for TM2020 is anti fun, anti player and it is not future proof. We do not see the big problem that this represents, because TOTD saves the game in a big way. Blinded by the fun that every new day brings, we cannot see that we are not rewarded for the time spent in game, which is a major game design flaw.
     2 people found this helpful

Evo.Chris92's Avatar Trackmania Moderator
    "Blinded by the fun that every new day brings, we cannot see that we are not rewarded for the time spent in game, which is a major game design flaw."

The reward is playing the game itself, improving, etc.

Why does every game need to reward you as an incentive to keep playing? Why does GenZ feel the need to constantly be rewarded for every little achievement? I simply don't understand. The whole Achievements craze, clout chasing etc is really unnecessary.

The fun is in hanging out with like-minded people, getting a good time on a worldwide records leaderboard or learning new tricks like ubers, bugslides, etc.

I think the trophy system is fine as it is. The decay keeps the leaderboards alive while also showing off your overall activity in the game on your profile. The T9 on Hefest's profile will never disappear, it just won't count for the leaderboard of the past 12 months.
     3 people found this helpful