🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The-Settlers forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

Still waiting... How about that 'early access' first?

Dear Engineers.

I'm one of person love "The settlers".

How about "The settlers"....?

I wanna request some.

1. Please, Post some news for fans. Why do not respect each others? We still waiting in the dark like eternal marathon...

2. I suggest to open beta or demo services. "early access" is better. "The world" is changing faster. Ryzen fly high, RTX 3090 appear in the world.
    'The settlers' wanna still live in 2019 or 2020 ???

3. Just give me the game NOW!!
     1 people found this helpful

Is it save to say that the Settlers has been canceled?

It has been a year since any news, no twitter updates.. this usually means they stopped the development and probably got canceled. Too bad, the stuff that i've seen looked good.

I'm sorry man, but i think they canceled the game.. almost a full year without updates, no socials.. no sneak peeks or gameplay videos. This usually means they stopped developing. Sadly
     2 people found this helpful

RobvD84's Avatar Senior Member
    Nah don't think so. PoP: SoT is the same.
    I think the team wasn't really big to begin with and with the pandemic still going on. Might also probably be possible that they had other things going on too or other projects.
    I am sure if it is cancelled they would let us know.

Ove_Haithabu's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by RobvD84 Go to original post
    Nah don't think so. PoP: SoT is the same.
    I think the team wasn't really big to begin with and with the pandemic still going on. Might also probably be possible that they had other things going on too or other projects.
    I am sure if it is cancelled they would let us know.
    I don't think the pandemic should have such a big impact. I work fro home since March 2020 and our company has the same service levels as before, our team meetings are happening via video conferences. Surely Ubisoft should be able to do the same.

I guess that either they ran into a game breaking bug that can not be fixed or key people of the Settlers project left the company. Or key people on the project and management ran into disagreements about the game roadmap or company internal aspects that caused a stop.

The Settlers is likely not cancelled but possibly "paused until further notice", must be serious enough, otherwise people would not have been refunded.

It seemed near completion, so I doubt it's been cancelled. We know they went back to the drawing board once because they wanted to make sure the next Settlers game was what fans wanted and expected, perhaps the same thing happened again - enough feedback to suggest they needed a rethink in some areas.

I'm hoping we'll get some news or update at one of the upcoming game shows.

devs what really happen to the settlers game????

listen please listen Ubisoft, my favorite game series has always been settlers, I and so many are wondering what happen to our next exciting game in the Settlers series.
    number 1. I understand everyone is working at home, because of covid-19.
    number 2. I understand it takes time to craft a game.
    and number 3. Family comes first when bad things happen.
    But, I feel like something really happen bad to your game or someone and, it should be address soon or later.
    so please help us understand what's going on at this moment and if you can give us something to make us know anything, plase do.
    make it notable to the devs. please that we're worrying what's going to happen?

Todilo's Avatar Junior Member
    Maybe the team are all working on the unity version of Settlers Online? AFAIK it looks like it will be available "soon".

Thanks bro. but... I don't wanna believe that... so sad..

I think they canceled the game. no updates any where and people are reporting rumors that supposedly some of the members from the team had been placed on other projects. also, that resources had been diverted to other projects away from this one. im not sure if its true or not but thats what ive been reading else where and seen some rumors. the only people that confirm this is ubisoft, which is failing to say anything at all, with the exception that they are going to limit how many triple A titles will be released b y them yearly.