🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Far Cry forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

Bugged Quest: Ethan's Soul

Has anyone encountered an issue where the cutscene starts for "Ethan's Soul" quest - you move toward the cave - and then you basically walk out of it and back into the regular game? The quest is still listed for me to track or untrack - but no icon appears on the map - and I can't get back into the cave to even start the fight and finish the game.

Spoiler:  Show
    I let Mickey live and her farewell note was there.
    I even went on some Expedition missions with no issues. The "Ethan's Soul" quest is still listed - just can't do anything with it.

I don't have any old saves that I can manually restore.

Suggestions or am I going to have to start the game over just to finish it?
    Thanks.

Ubi-TheBerry's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by amoeba00 Go to original post
    Has anyone encountered an issue where the cutscene starts for "Ethan's Soul" quest - you move toward the cave - and then you basically walk out of it and back into the regular game? The quest is still listed for me to track or untrack - but no icon appears on the map - and I can't get back into the cave to even start the fight and finish the game.

Spoiler:  Show
    I let Mickey live and her farewell note was there.
    I even went on some Expedition missions with no issues. The "Ethan's Soul" quest is still listed - just can't do anything with it.

I don't have any old saves that I can manually restore.

Suggestions or am I going to have to start the game over just to finish it?
    Thanks.
    Hey amoeba00,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for reporting this!

This doesn't appear to have been reported before.

Could you please capture a clip demonstrating this in-game and link it here if possible so we can take a closer look?

Thank you!

Hi - I don't even know how to duplicate this without playing the entire game and then getting back to that point - making a copy of the saves - and then trying again.

All I can do is describe what happened. I entered the cave, but I may have gotten turned around as far as which direction - then I just kept walking - there was some weird light at the end - as if I was walking towards a large pixelated moon, then I wound up outside near the radiation zone in the upper left area between that bus and the top of that hill near the left side of the broken dam near joseph's tree.

Anyway, next thing I realized was that my companion showed up (the Preacher) and the game just continued as normal. I thought I could get back to it - but nope. Any other suggestions? I can provide you with my current save game - but I wound up working on more expeditions after that moment. And Ethan's Soul mission is still there in my Journal list waiting to begin.

UBI-Froggard's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff EMEA
    Hey,

I'm sorry to hear this has happened on the last mission. Are you able to get back to the cave by going back to Joseph’s Sanctuary, climb up to the top of the waterfall, (where the sacred fruit was)?

I think that's the problem - I don't have a way back into the cave or I just can't find the entrance to trigger the cutscene again to begin the fight. I watched the videos online - and from what I can tell - instead of walking straight into the cave to begin the fight - I got turned around and walked the other way and then clipped out of the cave.

I've walked around the whole area near the tree looking for another way in - but I wind up just reaching the edge, reaching the "radiation" warning, and then winding back near the tree and the broken dam.