The Settlers 7: Path to a Kingdom - Gold Edition

Hi everyone,

I'm a huge fan of the game and I like to replay the campaign once in a while. Last time 'in a while' happened late 2019 and it was a joy. Today, I installed it again and, when I started it up, I got some cryptic 'A SERVICE IS UNAVAILABLE' from Ubisoft Launcher while 'Checking for updates'. I have the latest version of the game, 1.12.1396.0, and I don't need an update. Also, I don't care about online servers and just want to play the campaign offline.
    Does anyone know how can I start the game in a single player offline mode? I have the game, I payed for it, why can't I play it?

Any advice would be appreciated greatly.

Ubi-TheBerry's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Lachran Go to original post
    Hi everyone,

I'm a huge fan of the game and I like to replay the campaign once in a while. Last time 'in a while' happened late 2019 and it was a joy. Today, I installed it again and, when I started it up, I got some cryptic 'A SERVICE IS UNAVAILABLE' from Ubisoft Launcher while 'Checking for updates'. I have the latest version of the game, 1.12.1396.0, and I don't need an update. Also, I don't care about online servers and just want to play the campaign offline.
    Does anyone know how can I start the game in a single player offline mode? I have the game, I payed for it, why can't I play it?

Any advice would be appreciated greatly.
    Hey Lachran,

Welcome to the forums!

We are finding that many players encountering this issue are running an outdated version of the Ubisoft Connect PC client.

To resolve this could you please give the following steps a try;
    - Download the latest version of the Ubisoft Connect PC client.
    - Install the new version into the same directory as the original.

Please ensure the Ubisoft Connect PC client has been completely closed before attempting the above.

Let us know if this helps at all, thank you!

Worked like a charm and I can play again!
    Thank you very much indeed!