🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The-Settlers forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

Settlers 3 History Edition.

Anyone else had the problem, unable to get past the start menu? Game stops after any selection i.e. Tutorial or any Campaign and Windows closes the game.
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-Thorlof's Avatar Anno Community Developer
    Hello ong2317, we had a few individual reports but weren't able to identify the root of the issue yet.
    Could you please provide us a few more info about your setup by sending us your DXDIAG and MSINFO system files.
    Feel free to write me an PM here in the forums instead of posting it publically.

Please also make sure to rule out the following points as possible causes:
    - you're not running uplay or the game as admin
    - your firewall or anitivirus software is blocking the game
    - many active background programs

Please also verify the game files in Uplay, just to be sure.

On a side-note, is there a list of changes compared to the latest available version? I would like to see what changes have been made to the gameplay. Also, is there a way to change the resolution to a wide-screen resolution?

Never mind about the resolution, I see that it was just the menu that looked like it did 20 years ago

However, @Ubi-Thorlof, on the disc version and the GoG version there used to be a mission editor for Settlers 3. Is there a way to access this for the history edition?

The team is currently working on optimising the editors for The Settlers 3 and 4 - both will be added with an update later (no date yet)

Settlers 3 History Edition

Its also not working for me...

tried to start the amazon campaign and a multiplayer map. Same problem as the other user: the game closes and i am back on my desktop or the Uplay launcher.

Same Problem

Same Problem as the other Persons. Cant start a Game, crashes alway after the Menu.

Hey guys, we released a patch this morning which addressed this crash issue.
    Can you please test this and tell us if you're still encountering this problem?

Egypt, Mission 8

Hello! I really love to play this game in a modern PC, but now have a serious problem. Playing the base Egypt campaign, Mission 8, when you need to defeat your asian and roman opponents. I just conquered Tsu Tsang's land, but cant do anything with the romans. I have about 300 rank 3 soldiers with 95%+ attack, but they are getting killed at the second or third roman watchtower. The romans have THOUSANDS of soldiers, so i dont have a chance against their armies. Is this a bug in the History Edition? Anyone else experienced it? In an older video walkthrough, this doesnt seems as a really hard mission. I can attach some screenshots about the endless roman armies, if needed.

I had a persistant crash problem with Settlers 3 History Edition on Win 7- game just closed itself in several minutes after i started tutorial or other modes.
    Problem was in my outdated audio/video codecs - after re installing them with latest version of K-Lite pack game works properly without crashing.