LuckyBide's Avatar Senior Member

Ubisoft did it, Sarah is now a Splinter Cell agent (in Elite Squad)...

Here's a screenshot of the tweet announcing it : https://twitter.com/tcelitesquad/sta...01785867698179

I have no word for that stupid non-sense of putting Sarah as a Splinter Cell, even in a sh*tty mobile game like Elite Squad. And the worst thing is that I'm sure (alongside many other fans) that Ubisoft think that may be a good idea to put her in a potential new traditional game. So here's my answer Ubisoft: NO IT IS NOT ! And it will never be ! This is just ridiculous, saddening and pathetic. Please respect your franchises and stop butchering Splinter Cell by doing this or by putting Sam in other existing games and therefore ruining his character. But I know you won't read this thread because you don't care...

To end I will just repost that statement of Yves Guillemot (Ubisoft CEO) back in 2019, hopefully some players will finally see that this company never stopped lying and blaming us while in reality they don't give a f*** about us Splinter Cell fans:
    "last time we did a Splinter Cell, we had lots of pressure from all the fans saying, ‘Don’t change it; don’t do this; don’t do that.’ So some of the teams were more anxious to work on the brand.” https://www.gamesradar.com/ubisoft-u...splinter-cell/

Jimboone's Avatar Member
    This is beyond stupid.
     1 people found this helpful

Behold! Tom Clancy's Disney Infinity Clone Wars!

This is the creatively laziest nostalgia exploit I've seen in a while. You should feel nostalgic... it's been 8 years since the last game.

But I can't wait to join minor franchise character Sarah Fisher as she battles her greatest opponent yet, Stockholm Syndrome! I'm excited to don daddy's famous tri-goggles and go to work for the same organization that faked her death and drove her father to kill his best friend in the story canon. Oh, and Archer is back for some reason.

Ladies and gentlemen, here's the continuation of one of the stupidest things Ubisoft has ever done with that franchise. Sarah's biography in Elite Squad:

Sarah is a "master at espionage and tactical infiltration". Yeah sure we all know that this kind of things is transmitted by genes. Oh and Sam isn't aware that she's a Splinter Cell agent, I mean... wtf ?! Is that the justification they found to avoid the fact that Sam would never want her to be on the field ?? And Coste is part of this ?! OMG this is so depressing and so stupid...

Fraeulein's Avatar Senior Member
    The laziest form of writing is to have the progeny of a character “carry on the family tradition.” Straight up *expletive* lazy. It reads like a fanfic written by one of my students.
    Sarah had only been added to make Sam more human.
    I wonder what Clint Hocking would have to say about this.

Originally Posted by LuckyBide Go to original post
    Ladies and gentlemen, here's the continuation of one of the stupidest things Ubisoft has ever done with that franchise. Sarah's biography in Elite Squad:...

Sarah is a "master at espionage and tactical infiltration". Yeah sure we all know that this kind of things is transmitted by genes. Oh and Sam isn't aware that she's a Splinter Cell agent, I mean... wtf ?! Is that the justification they found to avoid the fact that Sam would never want her to be on the field ?? And Coste is part of this ?! OMG this is so depressing and so stupid...
    Right? The guy was some sort of super spy but is now totally unaware that his daughter had become a master of espionage?
    “Oh hay baby girl. Where you headed out?”
    ”To a college study group with my friend”
    ”Oh Ok. Try not to get kidnapped..again...like a third time. LOL”.

(that was for those of you who have read the novels)

After watching “Without Remorse”, I kind of thought - OK, Amazon pulled that off. They really did good by me with how they handled the book. They effin nailed it. Made me feel a bit more confident in how they are setting up the R6 franchise. Which in turn gave me a bit of hope that they would maybe send some love to the SC franchise.
    But with this announcement, I took that little bit of hope away.

Well my dad worked for Air America so of course I am automatically qualified to be a kicker out the back of an aircraft, without any prior training or knowledge of loading aircraft. So I gotta go to my new job. See y’all later.

I couldn't help myself but doing a montage about this ridiculous idea. I apologize in advance for the upcoming nightmares !

Don’t give them further ideas....probably too late though. Someone saw it and was like “Gaiz!! I got the cover art all figured out!”

Honestly the Sarah thing doesn't surprise me. It's not what I would do; like Fraeulein, I remember a lot from the books, too, and that Sarah would not end up here. But, for those with less history with her, I understand why they would go for her. The connection with Sam is nice, but, yeah, Sarah's not Sam.

The Archer thing, though - unforgivable! lol Seriously though, Archer was such a punk and I never chose to play as him. Kestrel, otoh...

Originally Posted by Fraeulein Go to original post
    Don’t give them further ideas....probably too late though. Someone saw it and was like “Gaiz!! I got the cover art all figured out!”
    Hahaha. Honestly I don't think they need us to have stupid ideas...

Originally Posted by CoastalGirl Go to original post
    Honestly the Sarah thing doesn't surprise me. It's not what I would do; like Fraeulein, I remember a lot from the books, too, and that Sarah would not end up here. But, for those with less history with her, I understand why they would go for her. The connection with Sam is nice, but, yeah, Sarah's not Sam.
    I honestly think they're doing this first and foremost to sell a new set of microtransactions by creating a sort of alternative Tom Clancy universe in the mobile biome. I bet most of mobile players never heard of Splinter Cell or know very little about this series. And I consider this being a very bad move from Ubisoft because I don't think mobile players care that much about having Sam's daughter in that game, and another hand it pisses off the Splinter Cell fans to see this.

Originally Posted by CoastalGirl Go to original post
    The Archer thing, though - unforgivable! lol Seriously though, Archer was such a punk and I never chose to play as him. Kestrel, otoh...
    Same. He came off as such a D-bag. I made my husband play him in co-op. Even husband hated playing the character “Why do I always have to play this guy? He is such a dxxk.”

Originally Posted by LuckyBide Go to original post
    I honestly think they're doing this first and foremost to sell a new set of microtransactions by creating a sort of alternative Tom Clancy universe in the mobile biome. I bet most of mobile players never heard of Splinter Cell or know very little about this series. And I consider this being a very bad move from Ubisoft because I don't think mobile players care that much about having Sam's daughter in that game, and another hand it pisses off the Splinter Cell fans to see this.
    This definitely. Mobile players a not going to sit down and get involved in a storyline, background of characters and plot. When I played Conviction on mobile, it really did not need any background. It was just a “run n gun” with some stealth thrown in.

Btw- Saw the post over on Reddit - there was one individual who thinks having Sarah carry on the job, is a great idea. My guess, they are the ubisoft employee who floated it and got a green light. .

Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last ►►