Stefan2499's Avatar Member

Leaderboard chasing

I think its more fun if you are working on the same tracks to chase your leaderboard goals. Im sure there are already threats like this but lets just make a new one. Maybe this inspires someone to go beat some of his old track times again. Challenge others if you have a fun track in mind. If you cant beat their score its fine, improving your own times is always the best way to get better, but dont be afraid of trying new strats and shortcuts.
    I have a lot of times to be improved. Ill take any track you feel like playing and ill try to match your score or better

I was able to better my time a little bit on Great Wall today. I climbed up to 77 from the 89 rank I achieved last night. If it wasnít such a fun track, I would have already moved on after cracking the top 100...

Iíve improved my time at the start and can usually carry that momentum all the way to the falling wooden plank. Itís been futile when I attempt the wheelie jump off the ramp after the plank falls. Iíve only completed that jump once in all my attempts and it wasnít even remotely clean enough to clear the obstacles on the way to the finish line. My angle or something is usually off when I donít attempt the wheelie jump and Iím not sure what Iím doing wrong there. I either overshoot the raised ramp in front of the saw or come off that raised ramp wrong on my way to the drum looking box. Either way, the majority of my runs end in that last sequence.

That said, Iím going to move onto the next track for now and may come back to this one again with hopes of a better finish to that track.

Onto the next one.

Iím going to grind on Bouncy Hills tomorrow with hopes of improving a 267 rank...

Simpledots

Originally Posted by Simpledots Go to original post
    It’s been futile when I attempt the wheelie jump off the ramp after the plank falls. I’ve only completed that jump once in all my attempts and it wasn’t even remotely clean enough to clear the obstacles on the way to the finish line. My angle or something is usually off when I don’t attempt the wheelie jump and I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong there. I either overshoot the raised ramp in front of the saw or come off that raised ramp wrong on my way to the drum looking box. Either way, the majority of my runs end in that last sequence.

That said, I’m going to move onto the next track for now and may come back to this one again with hopes of a better finish to that track.

Onto the next one.

I’m going to grind on Bouncy Hills tomorrow with hopes of improving a 267 rank...

Simpledots
    I have raced your ghost on that track. I believe, that the wheelie is easier, if you enter the ramp at a higher angle. However the success of the wheelie is very dependent on how well you timed your speed on the ramp before. If ur a nit short its better to hit front wheel first, lean back and bunnyhop over last obstacle.

Edits:
    Bouncy Hills is tough...i just got a top 200 on it, but the time saves need to be perfect
    The timing for the last shortcut is the hard part. I just got a 101, not top 100 :/.
    The slide can save time a lot but its a bit risky, i cant get it every time but the worst part to me is getting the right distance for the jump before slide
    I just got the top 100! 70th with a time of 16.666. I got the time done one my next attempt after the 101 time. This took me 50 mins, much harder than Great Wall!

I just finished my grind on Bouncy Hills. I agree, thatís a tough track! Itís another one Iíve been coming back to every now and then trying to best it. When I started tonight I was ranked 268. I was able to stumble my way up to 211 rather quickly. With a little more time I climbed to 169 and then 100 shortly after. This is where I got stuck for most of my grind and I just couldnít top that time.

Timing that last time saver was difficult for me to routinely hit. I had a couple attempts that I made great time on that would have definitely catapulted me into the top 100, however, that last jump would abruptly end my run. It wasnít until the last 15 minutes or so of my grind that I started nailing that last jump with decent frequency. This is what I needed to jump into the top 100 and finishing at 46.

Stefan, Great Wall is a way harder track for me to climb the ranks up on than this one. My hats off to you though for taking them both down in far less combined time than it took me to grind on them individually.

Itís fun tackling these tracks with you all the same and I look forward to the next one! Anyone else grinding away at these tracks with us or are you taking down others?

Onto the next one.

Staying on the same line before it forks, I need to improve times on The Trebuchet (150), Hops of Fury (154) or Black Forest (176). Do you have a preference Stefan?

Simpledots

I actually moved over to take on the Black Forest again. Like so many other tracks in this game, I really like running through Black Forest. Itís another fun yet tricky track for me. The biggest obstacle for my runs comes at the bunny hop to the steep wooden track after the 6th checkpoint. It was tough to keep enough traction and momentum after landing to push off and flip over and down the peak of that track. Thatís where I had to improve most before climbing the ranks. I also went into that next stone sequence with too much throttle and would bail out there.

I put some decent runs together and climbed from 176 to 153. I cleaned up some things racing my ghost and climbed up to the 140s and made another jump to 100. Fortunately, I didnít get hung up on that mark as long as I did with Bouncy Hills earlier tonight. 😀

I needed to clean up the way I came over the slopped stone there at the end on the way to the finish line. I was coming over that with too much speed and spending a little too much time in the air. After racing PapaFreyís ghost, I was able to clean up my approach and cut that slopped stone corner better and pushed my way to a 49 rank. Shoutout to PapaFrey again!

Onto the next one.

Simpledots

I dont have any map preferences, besides, kinda all my tracks need work. Its not like i got the top 100 times quick. Remember, that i have played each track countless times in Bunker before, but most of all i have learned the techniques while racing the tracks on the donkey. This helped me a lot in improving my bike control.

Black Forest was much easier for me, than Bouncy Hills. I got a top 100 rather quickly, but then i spent some extra time, trying to further improve my time. I settled with a rank 62 time. (And yeah, that bunnyhop at the wooden steep slope also was the hardest part for me). Lets do Hops of Fury next. Trebuchet is a tough one for me.

I got Hops of Fury very quickly. However the last shortcut is outrageously hard. Its not needed for a top 100 run if you do everything super clean, but you will need it for a top 50. I finished rank 87. I didnt use the shortcut at end. The rest isnt as hard, tho its certainly a challenging track. Once you learn the tricks for every jump, its super consistent. Its just the end that i didnt do properly. We can do Trebuchet too if you want, ill wait for you, i got other things to do too

Nicely done Stefan, you roar into the top 100 much quicker than I do.

The donkey is a tricky bike for me, I need to better A LOT of times using that bike. Iíve just been at this top 100 mission for so long now, I donít break away much to better my donkey times. If the game doesnít completely end, I want to go back through with that bike.

As for Hops of Fury, itís a fast track with a clean run. My biggest roadblock on the track is the wall between the 5th and 6th checkpoints. That steep wall proved difficult for me to keep any momentum up and over it. I had to start going into that wall with my bike angled down so my front tire hits first before landing with the back and pushing up the wall. Thereís probably a better way to attack that wall & I may revisit it later. I also have a tendency to come into that last drop down below the giant saw blade with to much speed and bit it there.

I was able to better my time from 155 to 113 and lingered there for a while. Iíd attempt that last time saver when I didnít clear the wall well enough to better my time. I completely agree that itís very hard sequence to hit.

I had some things to do and stopped playing for most of the day. I spent another 15 minutes or so when I returned home and jumped to 104. The drop down at the saw blade on my last attempt wasnít very clean, but it was fortunately enough to allow me to finish at 72.

Onto the next one.

Simpledots

Very nicely done, whats up next? Trebuchet? About that steep slope, i think i leaned forward and then quickly back, giving me good grip to go up, when im up i lean forward, then back again and it was pretty consistent, its hard to explain. I enter the part before the steep slope with my frontwheel touching first. When i lean back i get more momentum and can get a faster climb. Basically what you explained above already lol. You did best my time tho , nice job.

Right, I moved my way over to The Trebuchet. This is another tough track with some decent time savers which are nice. The first one over the giant wheel is absolutely crucial.

The second is harder for me and the first real trouble spot on the track for me. Itís riding up that rope bridge and jumping over to the raised wooden track just before the bones. I had to improve my time there before I could climb into the top 100.

The third time saver is even harder for me and where I normally faulted most with my runs. Itís the last timing/wheelie jump just before the finish line. I often come into that spot with too much speed and canít stay low enough to hit my head on the finish line as Iím flipping that way.

I was able to move pretty quickly from 150 to 144 and then spent a little time getting up to 102. Like the last two tracks, it was a grind getting off that near top 100 spot for me. With some more grinding, I was able to climb up to 91 and pushed my way up a little more to finish at 85.

If I could improve that last jump with some consistency, I think I could climb even higher. I think youíll get this one. It looked like your bike was only half upgraded with your current rank, so youíll benefit from being maxed out now for sure. With the time savers to boot, youíll shoot up the ranks on that one.

Onto the next one.

Pondering Crow Roofs just below on the left of The Trebuchet next since I need to improve upon a 201 there...

Simpledots

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... Last ►►