🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Trackmania forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    Montetatil's Avatar Member

revive terraforming and soustractive building

hi

I understand this feature has never been implemented in any Stadium game, however it was a part of every non-stadium environment (alpine, canyon, valleys, speed, bay, coast, lagoon). Terraformings brought something unique to the TM2 maps.

-Modify the stadium ground and add even aspects: hills, cliffs, pittcaves, holes
    -building tracks underground, dig tunnels (see below)

Is this possible to add these extras in a possible future in Stadium?

below here is screenshots of older versions for newcomers

2 people found this helpful

About substractive track building, I tried to do the same thing in TM2020 but it's very complicated: laggy, not optimized, not beautiful

Terraforming did exist in Stadium (TMF/TM2), but in a very limited form of dirt hills and water pools. I agree that it can bring a fun aspect to mapping, even if it's not brought back or expanded, custom items can help. Same goes for subtractive.

imo, it would be the BEST addition to the current editor in Trackmania ! There will be soooo much more possibility especially for scenery and even for those pro route mapper ! I already think all the transition between route tech and hills or stuff like that ! Nando make us, mapper, happier than now !
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Zymasis39_ Go to original post
    Terraforming did exist in Stadium (TMF/TM2), but in a very limited form of dirt hills and water pools. I agree that it can bring a fun aspect to mapping, even if it's not brought back or expanded, custom items can help. Same goes for subtractive.
    It's preferable to expect an upgrade from Nadeo instead of community, because most of the time nadeo does a work with better quality and furthermore, It lowers the feeling to make profit from free content.
     1 people found this helpful

Fowst2010's Avatar Banned
    It's a very nice suggestion, but the editor already has performance Issues with the custom block, from what I heard.
    So this would have to go hand in hand with a performance fix I suspect. Don't get me wrong, I fully support this.

I just had another Idea, maybe it's too far fetched.
    What if Nadeo released a scenery with natural hills, tunnels, cliffs etc. each month, and mappers could use it and enter a monthly mapping contest for the environment?
    Those could be used for mappers as blueprints and also after the contest ends, so that they don't have to do all the terraforming by themselves, only a few changes.
    This ties in with your "different stadiums" suggestion. They could also add different stadiums or environments like canyon without a stadium.

Originally Posted by Fowst2010 Go to original post
    What if Nadeo released a scenery with natural hills, tunnels, cliffs etc. each month, and mappers could use it and enter a monthly mapping contest for the environment?
    Those could be used for mappers as blueprints and also after the contest ends, so that they don't have to do all the terraforming by themselves, only a few changes.
    this idea looks quite ambitious Not sure this is something to ask to developpers, because of the addtional workload it could represent.

Fowst2010's Avatar Banned
    Yea maybe it's something a community member will organize (:
    But the different stadiums could come with unique terraforming, that would make them so much better.

I would LOVE that Trackmania got terraforming. Now that is a game-as-a-service, hopefully they can invest some time and resources on bringing us this feature for 2022.