Jord-NL's Avatar Senior Member

And the weather today is....

I don't know if with the removal of the Predator the devs here wrecked the game's weather system, or maybe the Predator had a revenge, but every damn day I play this game I now have rain. And not small squalls, but massive thunderstorms with driving sheets of rain. It's getting irritating. Even when playing co-op with Mike and Dan, 90% of the time we have rain. It's just not funny anymore.

Same in my game with the full on character but I can't really say that we suffer the same fate when I play the campaign with a new character with Mike.

I'm sure he'll chime in soon enough.

I could be wrong but I remember a discussion about not only the ability of changing the time but also the weather. Personally, I know it adds a modicum of immersion but it is a horrible gaming fun as well and I rather not have it, more so because my eyesight is not what it used to and to top it all of, if you have to deal with the enemy spawning on your bike or side w/o a second of warning, well, there goes the fun.

Another day...

I'd expect this to be a lush green jungle with all that water falling, not a desert.

I could be wrong but I remember a discussion about not only the ability of changing the time but also the weather.
    That's on the Photo app.

A whole new day, and guess what? As soon as I started the dailies.... it started raining where I live, and in the game.

Perpetual rain bug is not caused by The jungle moved or it's subsequent removal (good riddance). It's been there for as long as I can remember (mid 2017), which was before Predator and Operation Watchman. Source of this bug is La Cruz province in general. I never experienced this bug on any save file where La Cruz wasn't entered. Workaround for affected save files exist, but it's just that - a workaround. Sooner or later problem comes back.

Weather in Wildlands is partially location based. Koani - mist/fog/overcast, La Cruz - heavy rain/thunderstorm/showers. Caimanes has it's fair share of bad weather too. Because of this, lingering too much in one province can have lasting effects, carry over to other provinces and persist from one play session to another. Same goes for doing certain missions which change weather and day/night cycle. Too many auto saves at nighttime can alter day/night cycles to the point where daytime ends in less than 5 minutes. Randomization also plays it's part. Game can randomly decide it's gonna rain for a few (in-game) days. These effects are usually temporary.

This bug (well, anything weather related really) will be difficult to impossible to fix in co-op. Co-op removes fog of war for other players in the party and fast travel saves player states (or should at least. Desync and split sessions can happen). When host is affected and leave, new host will get it as a parting gift. Not a good way to say goodbye in my opinion. To avoid this, clients have to leave first. After that, disable team AI, get in a vehicle (preferably with a trunk), go AFK, wait for sunny weather (one or more cycles) then wait for auto save and close the game (quit to desktop). Do not relaunch the game for at least 15 minutes (Ghost Recon Network sync). This workaround should do the trick as long as your character's clothes are dry when play session ends and new session begins. If it persists, then Operation Watchman has to be completed (first playthrough) or replayed and session ended with good enough weather. Unfinished business has a way of pestering the player one way or another. Visiting the burned forest in La Cruz may or may not trigger the bug again.

Off topic, I did notice a couple of strangely unique things since daily challenges were restarted. Snafu exploit I reported was fixed (Ubi was really fast, I'm very impressed). Takes 1 minute for the game to come fully online. Some solo challenges are not as restrictive as they were before (SMG/AR only challenge not breaking when pistol was used, certain task force challenge not honoring it's required difficulty, ...). And once I found myself at Koani Bravo after fast travelling from Remanzo Alpha to Inca Camina Charlie Oh and there was another thing, but that's for a thread with photo mode pictures. Everything else was the same good ol' Wildlands.
     1 people found this helpful

Holy Cow, extremely awesome explanation and Thanks a lot for it but at the same token, who has time or patience (I know I don't) to go through the whole work-around. I mean, every time we depart from a Co-Op game is because my eye no longer can stay open .

Mike, I am guessing you will be the designated driver to Host all the time since you are in the West Coast and have nothing but time to chill afterwards

It kind of reminds of the whole Immersive Experience of Breakpoint where I kept changing my custom settings every time I would fire up the game because said game kept messing and resetting all on its own. Waste of time to nag, moan or ask for a fix so, it is what it is and perhaps it is time to look for a fresh game with at least new issues