🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Trackmania forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

View Poll Results: Do you want this feature in the game?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, please!

5 71.43%
  • Meh, I remain neutral.

0 0%
  • No!

2 28.57%

Long press the GIVE UP when playing COTD to avoid accidental DNF

Hello, I have a suggestion aimed to avoid some frustration.

When there is a risk of an accidental and unwanted DNF (for example, when playing COTD), the GIVE UP button should require a 2s long press. If you just press the button, a message should appear on screen to avoid user confusion on those who really want to DNF, something like "to abandon this round, long press the GIVE UP button".
     4 people found this helpful

Montetatil's Avatar Member
    Like a lot of people, I experienced this prolem. And you know what? I rebinded the "suppr" key in a location as far as possible from the "accelerate" and "brake" input.

Your should try this

Originally Posted by Montetatil Go to original post
    Like a lot of people, I experienced this prolem. And you know what? I rebinded the "suppr" key in a location as far as possible from the "accelerate" and "brake" input.

Your should try this
    Well, I play with controller, so any button is easily accesible.

Anyways, I think this is a harmless thing to do that can only help players. I see no downsides if implemented.

While a long press would be good, a popup confirming to DNF would be even better.
     1 people found this helpful

Fowst2010's Avatar Banned
    Yep I agree. It wouldn't hurt to change the keybind to a ~1.5 second button press, or make the player confirm with another button.

Well, if it's really so important for you, just unbind your dnf-key in warm up phase.

I just think is a design flaw if players accidentaly get out of any round-based game mode, like COTD. Every COTD I see players whinning about accidentaly DNF. So, it is a design flaw. I proposed a solution. Is not hard to implement.