🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Watch Dogs forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Persistent massive lag/continuous stuttering

Main menu and loading is still at normal speed but as soon I get in-game it stutters constantly, makes it look like sub-10 FPS. Seems to alternate between normal speed and freezing every half second, like if I drive to a waypoint the distance number goes down fast like it normally would, but only in brief increments in-between freezes. Makes the game unplayable. Started happening shortly after I made one of the boroughs Defiant and unlocked the Spy Operative. I had been using the quit-to-main-menu method to force a save every 15 minutes or so because the game otherwise isn't saving either. It's as though the game doesn't want me to play it, since it started being unplayably laggy only a few hours after I found a workaround to the first game-breaking problem.
     18 people found this helpful

+1 I have the same
     4 people found this helpful

If you start a new game, there are no lags

Ya but that's not helpful at all since there's only one save, I would lose all my progress, again.
     1 people found this helpful

Play impossible
    My console Xbox SX

2 people found this helpful

ChrisHannaford's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by ProSharen Go to original post
    Play impossible
    My console Xbox SX

Thanks for the videos. If I knew how to record, save & upload clips to here, I'd do the same, but tbh it'd just be an exact replica of the bottom clip you've posted.

Without giving away too many spoilers, this started happening to me when I was half way through the Richard missions & has continued ever since.
    Yesterday & the day before I decided I would try to do the achievement 'You don't see me', as I I found out that if you attempt to do this after completing all the main missions in the game, it's virtually impossible. I thought, well I can't do any missions because of how bad the lag is, so maybe I'll try this achievement. It's pretty much impossible to do this as aiming at any of the officers just isn't plausible because by the time you've lined up your shot, the lag makes it so the officer is in a completely different location & the cloaked officers are all over you & you just don't have any chance at survival unless you continuously run away from everyone. Long story short it isn't a pleasant experience. Don't get me wrong, it's not the task [achievement] that's loathsome, as I can tell it would actually be fairly easy to do. It's the really bad lag that's making it hard. I'm half surprised I managed to get to a level 4 stage with it.
    Running feels like a really slow stride & camera movement is extremely jolty.
    I'm really disheartened by all this, as I was thoroughly enjoying the game before this extreme lag happened, but now it's that bad, I literally have had to put the game aside & start playing another game.
    I really hope this gets fixed soon, as I have put in quite a lot of hours into this game now & was honestly hoping to finish it before the multiplayer stuff comes out, but at this rate, that isn't looking very likely.

TL;DR: My game is experiencing the exact same lag issues as shown in the bottom clip to this post I am replying to. It's that bad I have had to stop playing the game until it's fixed. I love the game, just unplayable in it's current state. Cannot wait to be able to play it as it should be in the [hopeful] not so distant future.
     2 people found this helpful

It works normal for me now!

+1 for this - constant stuttering. It only started doing it yesterday after many hours of gameplay during which it was running fine.

ChrisHannaford's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by BECK RUS Go to original post
    It works normal for me now!
    Have they released a patch for this in the past couple of days or something?
    As mine was still stuttering like it does in your video I've quoted [below], when I tried playing again on Sunday evening.

Originally Posted by BECK RUS Go to original post

I really hope someone from Ubisoft sees this, as so far we haven't had a response back to any of us here about this & I feel this is actually more game breaking than the save issue everyone else is reporting. My reasoning for saying this is because at least with the save issue there's a workaround, all be it not a great one. But there is simply no workaround to this issue, other than waiting for a patch/update to fix it.

Please can we have more people who are genuinely having this issue, bring more attention to it, because I really love this game, but I honestly can't play it in this state & so I'm not able to play it.

Fingers crossed we get a response from someone from Ubisoft soon.

+1 I’m also close to completing the Richard Malik chapter
    I could cope with the broken auto save but now Ubi managed to make the game completely unplayable.
    Thanks for nothing

Edit: a vid of my game on twit
    https://twitter.com/sebasuu4/status/...124929024?s=21

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... Last ►►