🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The For Honor forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
  1. #1

    Buff highlander

    Buffs:
    -Top heavy 800ms deals 24 damage (GB punish).
    -Foward dodge heavy now undodgeble, has good tracking (catch rollers).
    -Highlander can do his softfeint spin side heavies by dodge heaving. They have decent I frames.
    -Every attack chain to offensive stance, including finishers.
    -Highlander can softfeint into his dodge attacks from offensive stance by dodging and pressing the attack's input (catch rollers, be more flexible).
    -Moves from offensive stance now cost normal stamina, 12 for heavies and bashes, 9 for lights,

    To compensate and amke him more healthy:
    -All offensive stance moves have 1000ms GB vulnerability and can't chain on whiff.
    -Bashes only deal 10 stamina damage.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    They mostly just gotta fix his kick/caber toss mixup. We all know you can cover both options easily.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by Shogun3554 Go to original post
    They won't buff highlander. Highlander is too strong as of now. Most of Highlanders attacks have hyperarmor, and playing against him is true hell. Highlander needs to be nerfed if anything. Highlander super charged lights are super fast and hard to react to, and each of his heavies has hyper armor. They nerfed him but to no avail.
    Highlander doesn't need to be nerfed, the only ones asking for a nerf to an already weak hero are those who hate him or are noobs.

    Highlander needs a rework to fix his tech bugs and to correct the fact that half of his move kit doesn't work properly anymore, he also needs a light buff.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    This is an old subject...
    Highlander does need a rework. To be better.
    He is strong at team fights, but not between the bests. Probably just a strong B Tier.

    Duels, he cant compete with Tier S heros.
    He needs a rework.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by PicoAncus Go to original post
    This is an old subject...
    Highlander does need a rework. To be better.
    He is strong at team fights, but not between the bests. Probably just a strong B Tier.

    Duels, he cant compete with Tier S heros.
    He needs a rework.
    Highlander is still pretty strong in duels, sure hes not S tier like warden, bp or conq but he can still duel them no doubt.
    i don't think theres such a big moveset difference in this game that once you're in a bad matchup its gg, i still think its mostly based on skill rather than champion power.

    and i have to disagree, hes bad in teamfights he gets interrupted all the time and if hes forced to go into defensive stance he has abysmal pressure, look at warmonger and compare her to this chad, yeah i thinks its pretty obvious.

    as for what i would change or improve (since im here to provide something other than rant) i would give him a few quality of life changes to get him up to speed on other characters.
    now i don't know all the timings etc and highlander might have some really good times on X and Y for Z combo but ill go as i feel.


    Zone - decreased time on the first strike to 600ms (from 700ms)
    Zone - decreased time on the second and last swing to 700ms/800ms (from 900ms)
    and now his offensive stance nonsense, i think for him to become a better teamfighter he should have some hyperarmor and that's about it, i seriously don't think he needs over the top moves and combos, simple hyperarmor on key moves should do it

    OS - Offensive Stance
    OS Kick - sped up to 600ms (from 700ms)
    OS Kick - has hyperarmor starting from 400ms (reason being that some hyperarmor might help him tank a hit in a lucky situation to start his offense)
    OS ANY > Kick - after any OS move that soft-feints into kick grants the kick hyperarmor starting from 200ms into the move (reason being that i took a similar approach to how raider is treated, both will have same damage output on a successful trade: raider ST > heavy = 30 damage, highlander ANY(OS) > kick > heavy = 30 damage)
    OS ANY > Grab - after any OS move that soft-feints into grab grants the grab hyperarmor starting from 0ms into the move.
    OS Grab - if missed highlander loses OS immediately.

    and that's about, can't think of anything better but these few changes should help him be better in team fights and be a better duelist.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by OktoGoon Go to original post
    Highlander is still pretty strong in duels, sure hes not S tier like warden, bp or conq but he can still duel them no doubt.
    i don't think theres such a big moveset difference in this game that once you're in a bad matchup its gg, i still think its mostly based on skill rather than champion power.

    and i have to disagree, hes bad in teamfights he gets interrupted all the time and if hes forced to go into defensive stance he has abysmal pressure, look at warmonger and compare her to this chad, yeah i thinks its pretty obvious.

    as for what i would change or improve (since im here to provide something other than rant) i would give him a few quality of life changes to get him up to speed on other characters.
    now i don't know all the timings etc and highlander might have some really good times on X and Y for Z combo but ill go as i feel.


    Zone - decreased time on the first strike to 600ms (from 700ms)
    Zone - decreased time on the second and last swing to 700ms/800ms (from 900ms)
    and now his offensive stance nonsense, i think for him to become a better teamfighter he should have some hyperarmor and that's about it, i seriously don't think he needs over the top moves and combos, simple hyperarmor on key moves should do it

    OS - Offensive Stance
    OS Kick - sped up to 600ms (from 700ms)
    OS Kick - has hyperarmor starting from 400ms (reason being that some hyperarmor might help him tank a hit in a lucky situation to start his offense)
    OS ANY > Kick - after any OS move that soft-feints into kick grants the kick hyperarmor starting from 200ms into the move (reason being that i took a similar approach to how raider is treated, both will have same damage output on a successful trade: raider ST > heavy = 30 damage, highlander ANY(OS) > kick > heavy = 30 damage)
    OS ANY > Grab - after any OS move that soft-feints into grab grants the grab hyperarmor starting from 0ms into the move.
    OS Grab - if missed highlander loses OS immediately.

    and that's about, can't think of anything better but these few changes should help him be better in team fights and be a better duelist.
    When i play in team fights, rarely i switch to offensive mode.... I play along with the counters lights and heavys. Or if i already did a good damage to my enemy, and think i can take more risks.
    Offensive mode i just use in ganks when im a wingman.

    With the bulk up and last stand perk, and recovery feat, he is strong. Not between the bests, but strong.
    But if you will compare him to S tiers like Warmonger, BP, JJ or Conqueror...obviously Highlander flaws will look bigger.

    In Duels i cant say much, but fact is that good highlander mains, all complaint the same things. And probably they can explain better than me his flaws. Im not an Highlander main...
    Share this post

  7. #7
    I disagree. Highlander is viably S tier in duel. Crushing counters make him defensively great whilst the hyper armor and heavy speeds are tipping the scale towards overpowered (not much though). Plus the fact you can mix up at any moment between offensive and defensive stances means he is unpredictable in the right hands. Too many people rely on the celtic curse in duels and because it's parried so much people think he is bad. Not at all. Highlander is great you just have to know how to use him. His weakness? Maybe vortiger, conquerer and gladiator
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by robbie25hd Go to original post
    I disagree. Highlander is viably S tier in duel. Crushing counters make him defensively great whilst the hyper armor and heavy speeds are tipping the scale towards overpowered (not much though). Plus the fact you can mix up at any moment between offensive and defensive stances means he is unpredictable in the right hands. Too many people rely on the celtic curse in duels and because it's parried so much people think he is bad. Not at all. Highlander is great you just have to know how to use him. His weakness? Maybe vortiger, conquerer and gladiator
    Calling him S-level is simply wrong, his offensive stance no longer works properly against half the heroes, so he can't be considered S-level at all..
    Link where he shows you that the offensive position no longer works properly:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitive...is_yet_credit/

    The reason why there are people who define him as S level is because there are players who after a huge effort have learned to use this hero at his best, also exploiting his tech bugs to win.

    Example: Like "King Aramusha" on Youtube, this player used Aramusha in duels (and I'm talking about Aramusha before he received his rework + buff, so when Aramusha was weak) and despite having a weak hero, he always won, the fact that he always won doesn't mean that Aramusha is a strong hero, but it means that the player has worked hard to learn how to use it properly in duels.


    Small general description of his problems:
    First of all I would like to talk about his unbearable running speed, it's the worst feeling to see a fully armed player like the Lawbringer being able to run as fast as a class of assassins (Go check his Sprint Speed is the same as Berserker 7m/s), but Highlander who is dressed in a skirt and a few pieces of skin can't even move as fast as the Kensei.
    Highlander really suffer not being able to escape from ganks or even just running to assist my teammates because when I arrive either the battle is over or they are already all dead.
    Another thing I've noticed, most of the times I'm about to kill an assassin hero with Highlander, in Domain or Breach game mode, my enemy runs away for the map knowing that I'll never reach him.

    His defensive stance has nothing special about it to make it defensive other than crushing counters. He has 1000ms opener heavies with 700ms-800ms hyper armor activation. The feint windows on his attacks are not believable at all and his opener heavies are useless. His backstep lights are frustrating to go against. His zone attack seems to have a broken hitbox as the attack has gone through minions in dominion as well as it consumes a large amount of stamina while being 700ms. He only gets a light on guard break which makes his gb punishes weak unless theres a wall nearby. His hyper armor on defensive stance makes you want to trade with attacks to get into offensive stance yet his low health pool says otherwise in this regard.

    His offensive stance is plagued with horrible bugs that make it inconsistent if you dont know about them. If you do know about them then you can use them to recreate scenarios that break his stance causing him to be able to do things he wasnt intended to do. A simple undodgeable or quick light shuts down all offensive pressure from him due to the nature of dodging is his only defense in this stance. His damage is lower than before but because of the nature of how his dodging and lack of true pressure unless the opponent is out of stamina, this makes his "offensive stance" really a dodge turtle whiff punishing stance that can punish a missed light or heavy for 30 dmg which is pretty unhealthy if im honest.

    His kick grab 50/50 can be rolled away from with no way for highlander to catch a roll. There's a dodge timing that you can actually use right now that covers both kick and grab feint options. Someone can dodge a kick and then roll from the grab when they see it and beat all options highlander may have. All dodge attacks counter kick to grab besides valk, pk, and zhanhu. They dodge when they see kick and there's nothing that can be done and you eat the attack. Couple all of this with the fact that highlander uses up to 2/3rds of his stamina trying to do one kick grab mix up, and highlander does more staring and turtling than actual pressure and offense.

    He gets hit out of offensive stance in ganks by teammates limiting his ganking potential. He feeds a lot of revenge in ganks and he has one of the lowest if not the lowest movement speed in the game limiting his chase and movement potential in 4s. His feats arent bad. He has fury and fire flask. Spear storm is a tactical nuke and kinda on par with old catapult.

    Highlander right now is a mess. He stomps lower skilled players so a chunk of the community think hes over powered. Others are fine so they think he is fine. In reality he cant hang with most of the cast of characters.

    He has more negative match ups then neutral and positive ones put together.The situation has worsened with the new reworkings of the characters in the test camps as at this point all heroes will be able to counter Highlander. He needs help.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Tio_Croc Go to original post
    Buffs:
    -Top heavy 800ms deals 24 damage (GB punish).
    -Foward dodge heavy now undodgeble, has good tracking (catch rollers).
    -Highlander can do his softfeint spin side heavies by dodge heaving. They have decent I frames.
    -Every attack chain to offensive stance, including finishers.
    -Highlander can softfeint into his dodge attacks from offensive stance by dodging and pressing the attack's input (catch rollers, be more flexible).
    -Moves from offensive stance now cost normal stamina, 12 for heavies and bashes, 9 for lights,

    To compensate and amke him more healthy:
    -All offensive stance moves have 1000ms GB vulnerability and can't chain on whiff.
    -Bashes only deal 10 stamina damage.
    !!!

    Webdesign Düsseldorf/
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by PicoAncus Go to original post
    When i play in team fights, rarely i switch to offensive mode.... I play along with the counters lights and heavys. Or if i already did a good damage to my enemy, and think i can take more risks.
    Offensive mode i just use in ganks when im a wingman.

    With the bulk up and last stand perk, and recovery feat, he is strong. Not between the bests, but strong.
    But if you will compare him to S tiers like Warmonger, BP, JJ or Conqueror...obviously Highlander flaws will look bigger.

    In Duels i cant say much, but fact is that good highlander mains, all complaint the same things. And probably they can explain better than me his flaws. Im not an Highlander main...
    I don't know much about the character, i have only put so much time into him (currently rep 3) but whenever in ganks and in 4v4 in general he seems awful, sure CC lights but do they matter when the enemy throws multi-directional comobs and stuff.
    Let's put it that way, the lights are very niche just as any CC light, very niche and without much use in ganks and anti ganks you'll usually stick to parrying if possible plus you'd need to make a read to counter lights or option selects and that's too much for me i'd rather play raider and give zero faks about whats coming at me cause i can trade.

    But by no means am i a good player, i suck at duels and i can't be bothered to learn the ins and outs of a character just to perform a little better.
    Anyway my experience in 4v4s was a brutal one, im playing mid as highlander and whenever in a gank or anti-gank i just feel useless, my bashes get interrupted, my grab gets interrupted or canceled by an ally my heavies barely hit and whenever i try to chain a heavy > kick or grab guy either dodges (somehow making the read) or zones me out of it....
    Idk at what rank or skill you're playing maybe you are just THAT good but even with dodges and a more chill playstyle during ganks (like waiting for allies to guarantee my moves) i somehow always get zoned or interrupted somehow, sure it doesn't happen all the times but its very annoying + my kicks get interrupted on reaction somehow.

    But now brawls 2v2, 2v3, 3v3, 4v4 etc, those are a true pain.. usually 2 or more people keep me out of OS stance and if not one always tries to interrupt me whilst cleaving down my team its incredible. Just recently i've had a match where an enemy raider was constantly putting pressure on me zoning me and chaining heavies back to back cleaving both me and my allies and i just couldn't do anything like as soon as i entered OS stance either through an attack or from neutral someone would interrupt me...

    Tough
    Share this post