🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Watch Dogs forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Viral hacking

I have never used this and don't know how to use it. Can anyone help tell me how to use viral hacking.

hold the hack button .. and enjoy the show! (applies to everything, cars, disabling drones, jamming weapons and texting cell phones to distract the character)

Originally Posted by ZERO_1_SICK Go to original post
    I have never used this and don't know how to use it. Can anyone help tell me how to use viral hacking.
    Actually made two videos on Viral Hacking for YouTube. Part 2 was uploaded just last weekend.

https://youtu.be/NZpXIQIPA28
    https://youtu.be/gG9zImVxU4w

They're mostly drone-focused, but I show off hacking other things in between parts as well.

Ok thanks guys.

I managed to get some viral hacking going on and seems fun. I will try get the hang of it and i do like it.

Wow that is cool stuff as well BoneOliver

Do you hack them first with disable and then hack them again with betray.

Originally Posted by ZERO_1_SICK Go to original post
    Do you hack them first with disable and then hack them again with betray.
    No, you don't have to. You can use the betray hack on any drone you see flying around as long as you've unlocked the skill for it with Tech Points.

Additionally, if you see any drone summon platforms nearby (even if they're in restricted areas), you can summon drones there, too. They kind of hover around, and you can call up to 5. Just make sure to hijack them to move them around a little, so others can land.

Then, you can betray all of the drones you called AS WELL AS any drone flying nearby--up to 9. A lot of restricted areas have summon platforms like this, so it could come in handy.

Spoilers for story missions:
    Spoiler:  Show
    You could probably use Viral Hacking during the missions Smoking Gun, Defanging the Flock, and the Blume section of Hard Reset with solid results since those are very drone-heavy missions. I didn't even think about that when I played since I also had no idea how Viral Hacking worked at the time, so I want to play through again and see what it can do.