Throttle and break are fully pressed by default.

I have a thrustmaster tmx pro. This is a bug from trackmania it self because i play many other games where this wheel works flawlessly before i even touch settings in game. For some reason when i dont touch anything it does this > https://streamable.com/c87rd4

I also know why this happens. As other people have this issue with the analog throttle inputs. I wont explain it but in the thread here they talk about the value of the analog pedals going from -1 to 1
    (read the comments) https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/commen...steering_wheel

I would like to see this fixed as soon as possible.

Cheers
    Laurence
     1 people found this helpful

bump

So basically you need to give as a couple more details.
    I'd like to help you, but I think the only way I can help you is by asking some questions that might seem stupid, but those would be the first things I would try. You said trackmania is the issue. I won't ignore that, but maybe there's a fix or workaround on your side aswell.

- Have you checked Openplanet if they have a fix for this bug?
    - Have you tried disabling any 3rd party software, overlays, disable shadow play etc?
    - Does your steering wheel have its own software and if yes, can you make a screenshot of that, so we can see what options could be causing the issue?
    - Could you make a screenshot ingame of the options where it shows your device?
    - Have you tried plugging in your wheel after launching the game?
    - Try unplugging your keyboard or mouse and leaving the wheel plugged in (so you can make sure it's not an input error from another hardware device)

One thing I found on your reddit link in a link there was:
    after you configure the wheel as a controller in big picture you can again turn off single axis mode.
    But your reddit links are about steam big picture and SteamVR, not trackmania, and they're 5 years old. The fix might already be there in your software.

Ubi-Thrupney's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey lau20000, welcome to the forums

In addition to these excellent troubleshooting steps from Fowst2010, above, I'd also like to invite you to do some of the steps from our troubleshooting guide. In this case, make sure you've verified the game files, and your OS is fully updated. We've put that guide together because its steps fix the majority of issues, so these are valuable steps to take.

Let me know if the issue persists afterwards!

Hi sorry about the vague reddit post. In this post (https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/commen...teering_wheel/) it is explained better. How I know this is an issue with the game reading the inputs wrong vs an issue with the wheel is. I have no issues in other race games I play as I mentioned. And why I assume the issue is with reading the inputs of my pedals is because if I press my pedals halfway the game acts like I am not pressing anything. Exactly what is described in the reddit post where halfway is 0 and all the way pressed is -1 and not pressed is +1 allowing the game to read that the pedal is pressed when I am not pressing it. To me it's very unlikely that a 3rd party software can cause this as I don't have this issue in any other game I have played with this wheel so far ALTHO I have the same scrolling issue as said in that reddit post. And I know the wheel is causing it because I unbound all the keys to my wheel ingame and it didn't do it. And for the ingame settings, I just have the throttle bound to accelerate(analog) and the break to break (analog).

About the Openplanet. I never knew this was a thing. I just downloaded it and launched the game with the software installed. It seems to do something but it doesn't fix my issue out of the box. I will do some research to see if I can fix it with this software and let you know how that went. Edit: The Openplanet public plugins don't seem to have any that helps me with my issue.

Thanks for the response and sorry for the poor English

Cheers,
    Laurence

bump

UbiStorm's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thank you so much for the update, lau20000! I do apologize for the delay in getting back to you about this. However, please note that bumping threads is against our Forum Rules. I recommend giving those rules a look to avoid receiving any infractions!

As for this issue with the throttle and the break, thanks for looking into the plugin issue. I do recommend ensuring that all background programs are disabled to ensure that there isn't any kind of conflict between them and the game. I also recommend grabbing your MsInfo and DxDiag files, and then opening a ticket on our Support Site so that we can get a better look into this issue for you!

Well after some time researching, I have accepted that the game really only supports a wheel and no pedals as the game reads the axis from the pedals completely wrong(why this happens *I think*
    I have mentioned in this thread). Now for the solution to play this game a wheel that has a pedal set that in the modern age is more common than Ubisoft thinks I wrote an AHK to read out the pedals or axis as they are called and rebind them to a button on my keyboard. The only problem is now that I can press brake and throttle at the same time but... I can solve that with a little more coding...

Here is the AHK code I used hopefully I can help someone out...

#Persistent ; Keep this script running until the user explicitly exits it.
    SetTimer, WatchAxis, 5
    return
    KeyToHoldDown := "nokey"
    KeyToHoldDownPrev := "nokey"
    WatchAxis:
    JoyThrottle := GetKeyState("JoyR") ; Get position of R axis.
    JoyBrake := GetKeyState("JoyY") ; Get position of Y axis.

;JoyInfo := GetKeyState("JoyAxes")
    ;MsgBox, %JoyInfo%

if (JoyBraek < 90)
    KeyToHoldDown := "S"
    if (JoyThrottle < 90)
    KeyToHoldDown := "W"
    if (JoyBrake > 90 and JoyThrottle > 90)

;if (KeyToHoldDown = KeyToHoldDownPrev) ; The correct key is already down (or no key is needed).
    ; return ; Do nothing. For performance reasons

; Otherwise, release the previous key and press down the new key:

SetKeyDelay -1 ; Avoid delays between keystrokes.

if (KeyToHoldDownPrev != KeyToHoldDown or KeyToHoldDown = "nokey") { ; There is a previous key to release.
    Send, {%KeyToHoldDownPrev% up} ; Release it.
    KeyToHoldDownPrev := KeyToHoldDown
    }
    if (KeyToHoldDown != "nokey") { ; There is a key to press down.
    Send, {%KeyToHoldDown% down} ; Press it down.
    KeyToHoldDownPrev := KeyToHoldDown
    }
    return
    If so Cheers

I have updated the script If anyone is good at AHK and knows a better solution please let me know

But now the throttle and brake are handled individually allowing me to brake and use throttle at the same time

#Persistent ; Keep this script running until the user explicitly exits it.
    SetTimer, WatchAxis, 2
    return
    KeyToHoldDownPrev := "nokey"
    WatchAxis:
    JoyThrottle := GetKeyState("JoyR") ; Get position of R axis.
    JoyBrake := GetKeyState("JoyY") ; Get position of Y axis.

;JoyInfo := GetKeyState("JoyAxes")
    ;MsgBox, %JoyInfo%

if (JoyBrake < 90)
    KeyToHoldDownB := "S"
    if (JoyThrottle < 90)
    KeyToHoldDownT := "W"
    if (JoyBrake > 90)
    KeyToHoldDownB := "nokey"
    if (JoyThrottle > 90)
    KeyToHoldDownT := "nokey"

;if (KeyToHoldDown = KeyToHoldDownPrev) ; The correct key is already down (or no key is needed).
    ; return ; Do nothing. For performance reasons

; Otherwise, release the previous key and press down the new key:

SetKeyDelay -1 ; Avoid delays between keystrokes.

if (KeyToHoldDownPrevT != KeyToHoldDownT or KeyToHoldDownT = "nokey") { ; There is a previous key to release.
    Send, {%KeyToHoldDownPrevT% up} ; Release it.
    KeyToHoldDownPrevT := KeyToHoldDownT ;Throttle
    }
    if (KeyToHoldDownPrevB != KeyToHoldDownB or KeyToHoldDownB = "nokey") { ; There is a previous key to release.
    Send, {%KeyToHoldDownPrevB% up} ; Release it.
    KeyToHoldDownPrevB := KeyToHoldDownB ;Brake
    }
    if (KeyToHoldDownT != "nokey") { ; There is a key to press down.
    Send, {%KeyToHoldDownT% down} ; Press it down. Throttle
    KeyToHoldDownPrevT := KeyToHoldDownT
    }
    if (KeyToHoldDownB != "nokey") { ; There is a key to press down.
    Send, {%KeyToHoldDownB% down} ; Press it down.Brake
    KeyToHoldDownPrevB := KeyToHoldDownB
    }
    return

I never used AHK other than in SA:MP, which I played around 10 years ago. I only edit scripts, I can't write them.
    So I really can't help you out any further, just a quick warning: AHK might be considered a cheat.
    I know it depends on how you use it, in your case you're trying to fix the game, which isn't exactly what AHK was made for.