🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Watch Dogs forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Swearing / Profanity

I'm not being prim and proper here, but the swearing is irritating and adds nothing to the story.

The player should have the option to turn this off if they want. I shouldn't be forced to listen to it, in order to play a game I otherwise enjoy.

I know the argument will be "well don't play it then" much like not watching a TV programme or film you don't like, but a game is different I feel.

Please Ubisoft, give me the option to turn off the swearing. "**** off" isn't language I use in my house and I don't want in my games.
     5 people found this helpful

Kind of agree with this. I'm even seeing people from London saying they've never heard so much swearing in their lives.
     3 people found this helpful

Hank_Pank's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by MnemonicSyntax Go to original post
    Kind of agree with this. I'm even seeing people from London saying they've never heard so much swearing in their lives.
    Can you really expect much from a bunch of French Canadians trying to depict a futuristic London? (While ironically ignoring the actual fascism and 1984-style control that's taking root there)

Originally Posted by Hank_Pank Go to original post
    Can you really expect much from a bunch of French Canadians trying to depict a futuristic London? (While ironically ignoring the actual fascism and 1984-style control that's taking root there)
    I wonder if any of the VA's spoke up about it at any point.

WTF us brits swear all the time. there are more pressing issues other than swearing like recruting people having to do the same recruitment mission, or the fact that they advertised this as every character is unique, i have had 3 characters look exactly the same that has the exact same recruitment mission at the same location AND to top ti off, they had the exact same VA.

i think the swearing thing is a non issue compared to what we got compared to what expectations they gave us.

That aside, i do like the game, just want more character varietyand more options to complete a mission than they gave us. right now the majority can be cheesed with cargo drones or spiders
     5 people found this helpful

D.I.D.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by MnemonicSyntax Go to original post
    Liars from London. Or liars not from London, lying about being from London.

People swear a lot anyway, but if there were incidents in the street of the type that set off the NPC swearing in WDL, it would go flying (and much worse than what you hear in this).
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by CAPGamesUK Go to original post
    WTF us brits swear all the time. there are more pressing issues other than swearing like recruting people having to do the same recruitment mission, or the fact that they advertised this as every character is unique, i have had 3 characters look exactly the same that has the exact same recruitment mission at the same location AND to top ti off, they had the exact same VA.

i think the swearing thing is a non issue compared to what we got compared to what expectations they gave us.

That aside, i do like the game, just want more character varietyand more options to complete a mission than they gave us. right now the majority can be cheesed with cargo drones or spiders
    Sure, that's more important. But this forum is also for suggestions and changes based on preference. The bugs will always have priority over any additions added.
     1 people found this helpful

Game is made by Ubisoft Toronto, not Montreal.

Originally Posted by CAPGamesUK Go to original post

I know we do But we don't do it ALL the time and without prompting, its just not realistic. It would be weird to just be dropping in F this and F the other in normal dialogue. Yes, some people probably talk like that, but its not typical.

There are certainly some more pressing points, you're right, but the swearing was bugging me, so I posted.

steeliXS's Avatar Member
    I swear more than these do. Not a Londoner but still English