🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Watch Dogs forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Ubisoft basically scamming us with the bloodlines DLC

I, like I'm sure other did, purchased the bloodlines with the main intent to play as Aiden and Wrench in the main story and online. Low and behold, you can't play as them without the season pass(in the main game). It says nowhere that you need the season pass to do this, and I'm sure that this was by design. The bloodlines campaign was fun, but i was able to complete it in around 6 hours and there isn't much to do in it after that. 6 hours is in no way worth 15 usd, and there is no way I would have bought the dlc if Ubisoft was informative and made clear that you needed the season pass. He*l, I might have even got the season pass just to play as Aiden. But this kind of trickery really should be illegal. Unless they fix this and do better with their customers, Ubisoft wont be getting anymore of my money. Everything's becoming EA these days.
     1 people found this helpful

KmarkoPL's Avatar Senior Member
    Dude !! Stop *****ing. Och that is illegal !!! Ubisoft has been doing like that for its previous games.
    It was explained be for season pass release what you get.
    And what you get when you get just Bloodlines DLC !
    So Shut Up !!

No, it wasn't made clear, I also misunderstood the situation and thought that by buying the dlc I get to play as aiden and wrench in the campaign as well, I mean that's the most logical explanation.
    I just hope that they realise that this is an issue and needs to be fixed :/
     2 people found this helpful

Yea its a issue because only season pass owners can play with them in camping... But if you buy just dlc separately then you cant... So yea need a fix... If you can just report to them...

It's pretty self-explanatory for everyone, even for those who don't speak English that well.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/w...ogs/legion/buy

Originally Posted by VLADA757 Go to original post
    Yea its a issue because only season pass owners can play with them in camping... But if you buy just dlc separately then you cant... So yea need a fix... If you can just report to them...
    How many games have you played, that allow you to just play the DLC, without owning the base game?

Jhonzz444, And you finished the main game in 6 hours to boot, too? I call major BS, but do carry on. At least I won't be reading anymore of your posts. Thank goodness for Ubisoft giving us an ignore option. Have a great life!

secretzrus's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by RobertEmerald Go to original post
    It's pretty self-explanatory for everyone, even for those who don't speak English that well.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/w...ogs/legion/buy
    To be fair, nowhere does it state "Aiden and Wrench can also be played in the main campaign and online only if you buy the season pass...if you only buy the DLC, even though the characters are in the DLC, you're S.O.L.", which is what the original poster is talking about. Honestly, the only reason I knew about it was because I heard JorRaptor mention it when he was previewing it. I don't recall hearing about it from Ubisoft at any point.

Your information is absolutely false Robert, Neither does the page you linked mention ANYTHING about the characters being available for season pass owners only, but yeah I finished the dlc in approximately the same time, 6 hours is even too long for that. It's either that or you're that slow when it comes to playing games.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by secretzrus Go to original post
    To be fair, nowhere does it state "Aiden and Wrench can also be played in the main campaign and online only if you buy the season pass...if you only buy the DLC, even though the characters are in the DLC, you're S.O.L.", which is what the original poster is talking about. Honestly, the only reason I knew about it was because I heard JorRaptor mention it when he was previewing it. I don't recall hearing about it from Ubisoft at any point.
    I'll ask you the same question that I asked VLADA... How many games have you played, that allow you to just play the DLC, without owning the base game?

And to answer the other point you are making, it's just plain logic and common sense that with the Season Pass you will get to play as any of the 4 DLC characters in the main game. On top of that, that info has been shown and written about abundantly. Of course, I understand that some of us are hardcore gamers, while others, are casual players, as well as some of us loving and following this game, while others, not so much.There are even videos directly from the developers that stated that we could play with all of the 4 DLC characters, as well as various posts on this forum. Both the videos and the posts have been around for many months. I guess we all just understand things differently and sometimes require a longer explanation? I know that I have, but just not in this situation. It's all good!

Season Pass includes:

A major new story expansion with two episodes,
    Extra Dedsec missions,
    Four iconic heroes with unique abilities including Aiden Pearce,<<< This was pretty self-explanotory, for me anyway.
    And access to the original Watch_Dogs® Complete Edition!