🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rainbow Six Siege forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Connection on mobile hotspot no longer working

I have been playing on a laptop for the past few months on mobile hotspot because i do not have wifi. It is a T-Mobile hotspot with unlimited 4gLTE and i never had connection errors and i had pings about 30-40 but for the past few days i have not been able to access Rainbow Six Siege servers. It says Error code: 0-0x0001000B ive tried everything on the website for this error but port forwarding but i cant do that on the hotspot

Im connecting to the SCUS servers normally but now i cant get to any servers

Ubi-Keo's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue.

Unfortunately I am unable to provide you with any troubleshooting when using a mobile hotspot.

Im getting the exact same issue and exact same error code. ive tried everything on the inetnet to fix it, did you ever find a fix? it was working fine the other day, and it works fine on my normal network, but my normal network is really slow so i cant use it. it doesnt work on any hotspots.

Originally Posted by IToughieI Go to original post
    Im getting the exact same issue and exact same error code. ive tried everything on the inetnet to fix it, did you ever find a fix? it was working fine the other day, and it works fine on my normal network, but my normal network is really slow so i cant use it. it doesnt work on any hotspots.
    I'm getting the same error, it ran perfectly on my mobile hotspot for months and suddenly a few days ago it stopped working, I get the same error code and such. But the strange thing is that if I switch to my home network it connects to the servers, but considering it gives me 900 ping it's unplayable

Same

It's not just this game. Mobile Hotspot doesn't work with Farcry5 or Assassins Creed servers either. Ubisoft seems to have blocked their servers from working with Mobile Hotspot. Tried with a cricket phone and a straight talk phone. My mobile hotspot is more than fast enough but won't connect. I can play any other game on the Ps4 but Ubisoft games are the only ones that do not work

Did you ever find a fix?

funny think is when you switch to your hotspot in game (from normal wifi) you can play ,but when you go back to menu it cannot load anything , its just bugisoft

Ubi-Karl's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Ink_Defense Go to original post
    funny think is when you switch to your hotspot in game (from normal wifi) you can play ,but when you go back to menu it cannot load anything , its just bugisoft
    Hey Ink_Defense, thanks for reaching out and bringing this up.

Just to double-check, are you saying that if you switch your from your WiFi to mobile hotspot whilst in the main menu, it will essentially result in a crash where you have to restart the game in order to continue or is it the case where if you change it whilst in-game, you can play it but as soon as the game is concluded and you go back to main menu, you're unable to load/click anything?

Let us know.

Hi ,yes
    I can load menu with normal wifi ,then I can without problem switch in game to my phone hotspot and play with much better ping result .When I finish the game ,menu cannot be load with my phone hotspot wifi ,so I have to switch back to normal wifi to be able to load my menu back.

Not loaded menu means offline menu ,i can still play offline with terrorist ,its just dont want to connect

I hope it helps

Ubi-Orion's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Ink_Defense Go to original post
    Hi ,yes
    I can load menu with normal wifi ,then I can without problem switch in game to my phone hotspot and play with much better ping result .When I finish the game ,menu cannot be load with my phone hotspot wifi ,so I have to switch back to normal wifi to be able to load my menu back.

Not loaded menu means offline menu ,i can still play offline with terrorist ,its just dont want to connect

I hope it helps
    Hey there.

Thanks for clarifying that for us.