🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Anno forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Anno 1800 crashes and says "an unexpected Directx error occurred. Present failed"

Anno 1800 crashes and says "an unexpected Directx error occurred. Present failed"

I've tried reinstalling directx and switching to directx 11 as well as messing with my graphics settings and even reinstalled both the game and windows but it still crashes every few mins or sometimes few seconds.
     2 people found this helpful

Ubi-TheBerry's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by IMBRAV3 Go to original post

I've tried reinstalling directx and switching to directx 11 as well as messing with my graphics settings and even reinstalled both the game and windows but it still crashes every few mins or sometimes few seconds.
    Hey there IMBRAV3,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues.

Please give the steps in our guide a try.

If you're still having issues, please open a case on our Support Site and send over your system files.

DxDiag

Msinfo

We'd be more than happy to take a closer look!

Originally Posted by IMBRAV3 Go to original post

Try to activate virtual memory of Windows (and restart pc).
    In my experience, 100% success rate.

Read here : https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...1#post14550901

sinny1's Avatar Junior Member
    ya, mine did that also in windows 10 go to windows update and install the newest version theres a update for directx for it also.. windows dont install that automatically you have to install it. i did that and no more directx errors...new version is the windows - 2004 version make sure you have the newest version...=p

Ubi-Milky's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey sinny1, thank you for coming back to the forums to provide us with your solution of updating windows and installing DirectX.

Also, thank you elpablo2010, for suggesting to activate virtual memory on Windows to help solve the DIrectX issues also.

I love a happy ending!

Anno 1800 directX 12 error, Ubisoft zero support service?

i get a directX unknown error, between 5 - 20 mins of playing Anno 1800, running with directX 12
    All updates are current
    graphics and game drivers are current

i heard this problem of uplay and steam online off line configurations
    and came up unsuccessful;

playing in online and offline mode
    0= OFFLINE / 1= ONLINE
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    0 STEAM / UPLAY 0 ---- STEAM START = FAILED, 5 - 10 mins
    0 STEAM / UPLAY 0 ---- UPLAY START = FAILED, GOES OK, 2 HRS
    1 STEAM / UPLAY 0 ---- STEAM START = FAILED, AT PAVILION EVENT
    1 STEAM / UPLAY 0 ---- UPLAY START = FAILED, DID NOT FAIL AT PAVILION EVENT 1/2 HOUR
    0 STEAM / UPLAY 1---- STEAM START = FAILED, 5 - 10 mins
    0 STEAM / UPLAY 1---- UPLAY START = FAILED, 5 - 10 mins
    1 STEAM / UPLAY 1 ---- STEAM START = FAILED, GOES OK 2 HOURS
    1 STEAM / UPLAY 1 ---- UPLAY START = FAILED, OK 1HOUR

still encounter the directX error constantly even with the new land of lions DLC

all links i find go directly to Ubisoft support but, as i try to submit a support case, it is unavailable, on purpose?
    this issue goes back from 2018 and still no fix?

I have exact same error only when game was set on pause for a while by pressing Esc. When I leave it open and running, it crashes few minutes after entering menu. Directx12, all latest updates. But when just playing - everything's fine, no errors.

Ubi-WheelyDuck's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by woolydave Go to original post
    i get a directX unknown error, between 5 - 20 mins of playing Anno 1800, running with directX 12
    All updates are current
    graphics and game drivers are current

i heard this problem of uplay and steam online off line configurations
    and came up unsuccessful;

playing in online and offline mode
    0= OFFLINE / 1= ONLINE
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    0 STEAM / UPLAY 0 ---- STEAM START = FAILED, 5 - 10 mins
    0 STEAM / UPLAY 0 ---- UPLAY START = FAILED, GOES OK, 2 HRS
    1 STEAM / UPLAY 0 ---- STEAM START = FAILED, AT PAVILION EVENT
    1 STEAM / UPLAY 0 ---- UPLAY START = FAILED, DID NOT FAIL AT PAVILION EVENT 1/2 HOUR
    0 STEAM / UPLAY 1---- STEAM START = FAILED, 5 - 10 mins
    0 STEAM / UPLAY 1---- UPLAY START = FAILED, 5 - 10 mins
    1 STEAM / UPLAY 1 ---- STEAM START = FAILED, GOES OK 2 HOURS
    1 STEAM / UPLAY 1 ---- UPLAY START = FAILED, OK 1HOUR

still encounter the directX error constantly even with the new land of lions DLC

all links i find go directly to Ubisoft support but, as i try to submit a support case, it is unavailable, on purpose?
    this issue goes back from 2018 and still no fix?
    Originally Posted by innnliquid Go to original post
    I have exact same error only when game was set on pause for a while by pressing Esc. When I leave it open and running, it crashes few minutes after entering menu. Directx12, all latest updates. But when just playing - everything's fine, no errors.
    Hey guys,

Sorry to hear you are having this trouble.

If the steps previously mentioned by sinny1 don't help and you are unable to https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/Cases/New I would suggest contacting us either by Facebook or Twitter where we can open a case for you

Anno 1800 Direct x 12 error

Hi
    Is there a Fix for Direct x 12 error For Anno 1800 i can play for a hour or less before it Crashes this needs ti be sorted out

There are several things out thee that can make things better like cleaning the shader cache, reinstalling DX12 or checking if everything is as its supposed to be with the page file(auto size, on a SSD). Ultimately if you have problems and really just want it fixed and want to play, you can switch to DX11 in the options menu of the game or in the ini file in your documents folder.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►