🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rainbow Six Siege forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    L0S3R.'s Avatar Junior Member

Is the fuzzy normal? - pixelated graphics

Are the pixel bits around the screen normal?
    They have been bugging me for a very long time, is there a way to get rid of them?

Ubi-Milky's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello NotSoHotNoob, thanks for posting.

When did you first notice this pixelated affect, in what Year and Season update?

Does this happen in all of the menu's in-game and do you notice it in the game itself?

Can I also ask you, what graphics driver update are you currently using for your Nvidia/AMD GPU and if you roll back to a previous driver, do the pixels disappear or still remain?

I have had this issue for a long time, I noticed this issue around when Zero came out.
    I am using driver version 21.6.1 on Amd drivers.
    I am going to roll back my drivers right now...
    I also did a DDU

I am now currently using 20.11.2
    No change

I noticed someone else had this issue to no resolve https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/com...ed_rx_5500_xt/

Ubi-Thrupney's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey NotSoHotNoob, thanks very much for trying Ubi-Milky's suggested fixes, and reporting back - that's very helpful!

Can you try the fixes from our troubleshooting guide? In particular from that guide, please make sure you've updated your operating system, you've verified the game files, and you don't have any unnecessary background programs interfering with the game.

I notice one of the comments on the Reddit thread you'd linked suggests turning off AMD's sharpening tech. That seems a very wise troubleshooting step to me. Have you given that a go? Here's AMD's guide on how to turn it off.

Does either of those steps seem to help at all? If not, I'll have some further troubleshooting steps for you

Nothing worked...
    The problem gotta be hardware related, I guess.

Ubi-WheelyDuck's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by L0S3R. Go to original post
    Nothing worked...
    The problem gotta be hardware related, I guess.
    Hey there,

Thank you for your update and sorry to hear those steps have not helped.

Can I just check whether you encounter this effect at any other time, if this also happens in game itself it can help us with identifying what is the cause.

Many thanks