🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Real piece of **** Cable doesn't work

So. It's been 7 ******g years since I first bought Rocksmith and I only played this **** like 5 times.
    Every time I try to play it's the same **** all over again. Hours and hours trying to make this cable work properly.

I tried to contact Ubisoft support and I only got an answer a whole ******g month after. The aswer was something like "We are super overloaded with requests right now so we couldn't aswer you before. Since it's been a while, we hope you have already solved your problem". What a man have to do to play a game? Who do I have to blow to make this **** work?

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    Have you tried a wall powered USB hub?

Yes, I tried pretty much everything on the internet.

Also, i know the cable works properly. Even though I don't have a Playstation console I bought the console version of the game just to test the cable on my friends console.
    I tried wall powered USB hub, disabling XHCI, tried using my bios setup to older USB compatibility. It's been literaly years trying to play this game. I spent like 4 hours trying to make it work only yesterday. Time to time I try again, I guess I'm just stupid to believe that something made by Ubisoft would work properly.

The next thing is to remove any other USB devices and any software that might be interfering with the game being able to see the cable.

Especially other game controllers or mics (like a webcam mic).

I've tryed it already. The only things connected to the PC were my keyboard, mouse and headset

I dunno. I've got a system where the cable can be finicky for sure, but eventually it even works on that system. Zero issues on my other systems.

Do you have another PC to try it on?

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    If the cable works on another system its not the cable.

So its something with your PC.

Is your USB port set to 3.1 only or some super new thing? These cables are usb2.0 devices.

And since the RS cable is a microphone, did you grant microphone access to the game ? (aka a windows10 and ios security feature)...

And do you have audio software thats "hey i see a new usb device just plugged in and it looks like a guitar microphone, so Im going to steer the audio channel inside windows 10 into this amplitube kinda tool. asio junk"