🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Pricing discussion

Found this from an earlier E3 announcement,...

"There will be three Rocksmith+ pricing options available for subscribers. A single month will cost $24.95 AUD, three months will cost $59.95 AUD, while a yearly subscription will set you back $149.95 AUD, a 50% saving over the monthly price..."

Sorry...if true. Its a no for me. This is more expensive than most of my streaming subs...
    And without a choice of what songs to buy your taking a lottery if it will be a good month or a zero month...

Sorry UBI...Not for me....
     2 people found this helpful

Think you should give it a look when it is actually released. They claim they are going to have way more songs by release than 2014 accumulated over several years! Chances are that you are going to get more songs than you had before, and pay less for them than you already have!

But I am of course sympatric to have yet another running cost. Gives me the sense that RS+ is something I want to graduate from, and when buying the songs, you get to keep them... Pros and cons for sure
     2 people found this helpful

Song content is the main focus for me really.

I'm currently spoiled with RS2014, having over 2200 songs available to me (600+ RS1/RS2014/DLC, and 1600+ CDLC).

The long and short of it is, the beta looks great and I am truly impressed with, but it's a massive reset to my song library if I sub on day one so I'll be waiting a while to see how content pans out.
     3 people found this helpful

I would think that, if they are charging a subscription then all songs should be available for play without further cost.

If I have to subscribe and then buy songs on top of that even if discounted I doubt the service will last long.

I don't mind paying for the game once and buying what I want, but I cannot and will not pay a fee to play then have to buy songs on top of that.

I have been fairly impressed with the beta so far, but I am not very impressed with the way they are running the trial. This is about my 5-6 beta test for companies and this is the first that I have not been provided with a way to report issues or suggest improvements or even a form to fill out so they can find the bugs and fix them before launch.

If I didn't sign up here I would not even have this voice to heard, not that this is heard or monitored by the UBISOFT RS+ team. Who knows?
     1 people found this helpful

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    Right, free dlc as long as you have you membership/subscription paid in full.

Like I can jump on fender Play and see a 3 note Ramones bass song. Wow, was that worth $9 a month?

I played 2 H.E.R songs and a ramones song. In the last 3 months.

At least RS+ will have 1000s of songs. The beta had 475.

Goooner1's Avatar Senior Member
    The beta has 475 songs, but maybe 5 I actually wanted to play. Not a great ratio. Hopefully the full release will improve on that.

The big thing for me is no cross platform sub. I mainly play 2014 on Xbox, but occasionally on pc. So with one sub for each I’ll be at least waiting for the Xbox version, by which time I’ll have a better idea whether it’s worth subscribing to or not.

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    at least we'll know that its safe to own xbox and ps5 versions.

aka prices will all be the same.

versus the RS2014 where Steam was clearly the better product because of the 40% off sales.

I say if it's going to be a subscription it shouldn't cost more than netflix or disney+... and should have all songs unlocked from the get go. Either that or get rid of subscription idea and be a Buy the product once, and song packs as DLC. Either or, NOT BOTH.

I'm confused. You have access to 475 songs? I only have access to 117? How is that?

jj_bb's Avatar Member
    Well a subscription makes sense to me if the value-for-money ratio is ok.
    IMHO at the current product/beta state this is clearly not the case.

It's not only the usual beta stuff (bugs, bugs ... more bugs) but also the content and feel of the game/tool.
    I have to admit there are some (but not as many as I hoped for) innovations and improvements that are great, but also quite a lot changes for the worse compared to the previous RS incarnations.
    Also the tidy sum of money that is announced as subscription fee really gives me the feeling that I'd indirectly pay for a ton of songs I'd never even consider playing.

That said, I really hope the final product/price will be a more convincing package I really craved for a new and improved RS.