🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rainbow Six Siege forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Bootcamp Fame Points (Anti-Terror)

Fame points in training mode now give 2 times less, is this a mistake or did you do it on purpose?

Renown Reduction/Nerf in Terrorist Hunt/Training Grounds after Y6S1.1 PATCH 03/25/21

https://steamcommunity.com/app/35955...4889506620939/

Just wondering if this is an intended change vs. a bug.

Essentially, Training Grounds used to give 100+ renown (co-op only) and now it gives about 70 or so.

The recent patch update notes didn't mention any change of the renown amount in Training Grounds, or at least, I didn't see any mention of it.

Thanks!

Ubi-Orion's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Sam_Strast Go to original post
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/35955...4889506620939/

Just wondering if this is an intended change vs. a bug.

Essentially, Training Grounds used to give 100+ renown (co-op only) and now it gives about 70 or so.

The recent patch update notes didn't mention any change of the renown amount in Training Grounds, or at least, I didn't see any mention of it.

Thanks!
    Originally Posted by OLD_Six2016 Go to original post
    Fame points in training mode now give 2 times less, is this a mistake or did you do it on purpose?

Hey there folks

Thanks for raising this with us. I've passed this on for further investigation.

Hopefully this will be fixed because pvp farming is not profitable and pve is what saved it, it's just that if you keep releasing patches with hidden changes in this way, you will not achieve anything good

What are you hearing Ubi-Orion? Was the renown value change for Training Grounds/Co-Op intentional or is it a bug?

Also, this person on Steam is addressing, I believe, the recent Ubi-Connect/Weekly Challenge Training Grounds renown reduction/nerf, in addition to what's been pointed out on this (our) Ubi/Forum thread: https://steamcommunity.com/app/35955...47887929308421

Essentially, the Ubi-Connect Weekly Challenge Training Grounds renown amount seems to have been reduced to 100 (from 250) as of 04/01/21 and the amount of rounds to win has been increased from three to four. I don't mind playing the extra round because this is a fun game, but the renown reduction stings.

I believe many who play for the Training Grounds (formerly Terrorist Hunt) experience are feeling the sting (as outlined in the above Steam post).

Intentional changes by Ubisoft....or not?

Some patch notes would've been good for clarification/intentions vs. the speculation of a seemingly sneaky maneuver (if that's what it is).

A disservice to a segment of your player-base!

Changes to the game which negatively affect scores or renown which only seem to be geared at your non-pvp or non-competitive players is not a good thing. Did you ever stop to think about those players who don’t want to have encounters with rude, impatient children, cheaters, wall hackers and etc.? What about those people who want to play the game with a single friend to more? Why are you penalizing that segment? Why is this such a cash grab? Put the points back, eh? You really want to alienate customers like this or pick favorites based on a hope or a vision of being a better CS GO? Why couldn’t you cater to both types of players?

Ubi-Karl's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey guys!

Thanks for sharing your feedback on this, we do really appreciate it and understand how important this is to some players.

This particular matter has been raised by Ubi-Orion and is already under review by our development team.

In terms of whether this change is intended or whether it's a bug - we cannot really comment on this just yet, however as soon as we do have some further information, we will let you know about this.

Please bear with us and apologies for the inconvenience it is causing in the meantime.

Thanks Ubi-Karl! Looking forward to the clarification.

Ubi-Karl's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    No worries at all Sam!

I understand there are a lot of people who are concerned about this and we will ensure we keep you guys in the loop.

I understand that you are not planning on fixing your Glory Points, but please continue cleaning calmly. https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6TTS...m_source=share

A very interesting thought was written by a person:I think it's intended due to ubisoft's knowledge about the t-hunt farmers. They are trying to make the siege community more active by making them playing normal modes (PvP) instead of t-hunt (PvE). Players are giving more feedback and it helps improving the meta. LOL. Who are we kidding they are just nerfing renown farming to sell more r6 credits. STONKS KEKW