🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    Yeah. I'm now being asked to repeat steps another person had to do, like port forwarding, sending them a screenshot that this was done. I've referred to this thread multiple times in my back and forth with support, but it's like they're ignoring it.
     1 people found this helpful

Latest update on my ticket:

I asked them to confirm they cannot reproduce the issue and this is the response:
    "Unfortunately that is correct, we have not been able to reproduce this issue on our end, however, all provided information has been forwarded up to the development team for further review.

If any additional information becomes available, it will be posted to the game's official forum at:
    https://forums.ubisoft.com/forumdisplay.php/27-Assassin-s-Creed"

Lets hope the dev team can resolve this.

So we’ve all been sent round the same tests and gotten the same results and no fix.

I can’t see how they’re getting it to work and literally no one else is. Unless they’re doing it at there offices or something linked directly to the server 😂

They gotta go home and play it like the rest of us are 😊

On my ticket, I sent my port forwarding setup through my router settings again on Saturday. They had sent me a list of ports to forward three times, each time with more numbers added. They said the issue could not be forwarded to the developers until all of these troubleshooting steps were done. So, I sent that again with every port set up to forward for my Xbox IP as requested. Waiting for a response.

Offtopic vent: I think the part of the issue that there is no issue ownership - every time I got a response from a different Ubi nickname, which is super irritating, as they seem to be not talking to each other and don't even bother read back the issue thread (they suggest the steps that are not making sense in the settings of the issue or suggest repetitive same steps). Also, I find it hard to believe they are telling the truth as there is no way the game works for them while literally every players screams "IT FREEZES".

I hope the people on my ticket (Ubi-Crow, Ubi-Bean, Ubi-Chimp, Ubi-Carrying, Ubi-Ocelot) eventually meet and speak with the people on other players' tickets (Ubi-Gringe) and realize this is a global issue to present to the developers. I have noticed a lack of ownership as well, where it is clear that each post is putting troubleshooting information and has not gone back to read and review the previous comments or attachments on the ticket, nor do they communicate with others on the team to identify global issues. It is untrue what they said on Twitter (a few people have tried Twitter also) about "no known issues" when they have five or more outstanding tickets reporting the same thing. In my line of work (quality assurance for software), when five or more customers have reported the same issue, we bunch those together and mark the item as critical and a team leader will meet with the developer to check for errors on the server logs. All the player traffic should be logged in some form and it would be feasible to see quickly if fewer than usual or zero multiplayer games (excluding Wolfpack in Limited Mode) have occurred. As a long-time fan of Ubisoft and this franchise in particular, I am especially disappointed at the lack of trust and appreciation shown toward players. At this point, I am not really disappointed that I cannot play this game. Rather, I feel incredibly disrespected and unheard because I am asked to attach information to a ticket more than once that is not being read or reviewed properly before being passed on to a different person that asks for the same or similar information once more. For over a decade I have purchased many Ubisoft games and merchandise across their many series and have been active in the community also speaking highly of some of the games and encouraging others to play with me. They should understand it is usually easier to keep a long-time fan then it is to earn a new one, and word-of-mouth in today's world of social media is much better advertisement than ad space that needs to be bought.

I finally had one successful play after setting the port forwarding, so I played a little bit. Next day I tried again, no changes to my router, and it froze up after seven attempts to connect. A few minutes later I connected after a second or third attempt and it froze a few seconds later instead of immediately. So port forwarding didn't really do much.

I think we knew it wasn’t going to do much by the fact everyone here and their groups were all able to play before and now aren’t.
    No changes to port forwarding were needed to ever play.
    Now suddenly it is, and that isn’t even a working solution..

I agree. I even told the support team as much, but they won't escalate until all avenues are exhausted. I'm now being asked to set up a DMZ for my Series X. Around and around we go.

Mathachew, I could be wrong (my significant other set this up for me and is much more knowledgeable) but setting up a DMZ is basically moving your Xbox outside so it is no longer behind a Firewall and will not have port conflicts, but could make it potentially vulnerable to threats. I did that on my ticket just as an experiment, but that is very very very unreasonable request if Ubisoft told you to do that. If they are asking you to set up security vulnerabilities that is infuriating.