I accidentally hit new game because my hand slipped on the mouse to hit load game...I was almost finished with only the Voltaic game to complete. It was saved constantly, and now it is gone! What can I do? This game was hard and took days to do, and I don't have the heart to start over at this point. There is nothing in my computer files that I can find. I found a saved games file, but there's nothing in it. I have Windows XP and the DVD anniversary collection. I have played all the games so far, with no problems, plus Uru. I really was looking forward to working on the Voltaic game portion, and now what?????!!!! Help! As soon as possible! This is crazy, not to be able to find or load a saved game. It was saved constantly per their format. Thanks! dianag

I accidentally hit new game because my hand slipped on the mouse to hit load game...I was almost finished with only the Voltaic game to complete. It was saved constantly, and now it is gone! What can I do? This game was hard and took days to do, and I don't have the heart to start over at this point. There is nothing in my computer files that I can find. I found a saved games file, but there's nothing in it. I have Windows XP and the DVD anniversary collection. I have played all the games so far, with no problems, plus Uru. I really was looking forward to working on the Voltaic game portion, and now what?????!!!! Help! As soon as possible! This is crazy, not to be able to find or load a saved game. It was saved constantly per their format. Thanks! dianag

I'm not much help when it comes to recovering files . But now that you've done a lot of the Age, it won't take nearly as long if you have to go back and do it again. Of course, it would be even better if you didn't have to, wouldn't it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PrincessXenobia:
    I'm not much help when it comes to recovering files . But now that you've done a lot of the Age, it won't take nearly as long if you have to go back and do it again. Of course, it would be even better if you didn't have to, wouldn't it?

Hi, Princess,
    Thanks for the fast response! I hope I won't have to do that, because I spent countless hours to this point, and these games are really hard! I think they should have provided a way to save these games other than with the "book" they use to start, load, and end games. Thank God with Uru, I could click and "save as" on my computer. I haven't been able to find my saved game for Myst III and I don't have the energy to start over again, but I want to finish it! I hope someone can come up with a way to find the saved game---I need a techie for that, huh? I am addicted to these games, for sure! Thanks for being there! dianag820

There are some people who are much more technically inclined than I am around here. Check back periodically, Diana -- someone more helpful than I should be by soon

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PrincessXenobia:
    There are some people who are much more technically inclined than I am around here. Check back periodically, Diana -- someone more helpful than I should be by soon

Hi, again! Thanks, I will check back! I don't want it to happen again. Sigh! I started over, because I want to complete it. It is a lot faster for sure---you were right! I remembered my previous mistakes as well as the puzzles! Thanks again!

Hi

I just got the game this evening...I've been saving the game Manually as I complete a step or I move on to a new area.

*** Did you Manually Save any games ? ***

IF you "ONLY" saved the Game when you Quit & you kept overwritting the last saved game you loaded then your out of luck...sorry...

Howver if you have a friend who saved each level or Age if that's what you call it, they can give you a copy of their Saved game & you can Paste it...just be sure to make a copy of the File your going to overwrite.

If yes...&gt;Go to your Myst3 "Saved Games" folder on your HD...Saved games should be there unless you changed the location at the install...&gt; C:\Program Files\Myst III Exile\Saved Games

I stared a New game call it #2 & it did NOT delete the 3 saved games from Game #1 that I had. It appears you can start & save as many New games as the Book can hold !!!

After reading your post I Copied my Saved Games to a different folder in My Documents.

[This message was edited by KingJim on Fri March 05 2004 at 10:33 PM.]

BobF's Avatar Senior Member
    I have saved over 50 games. I called them Start Ameteria, Start Carousel Puzzle, End Carousel Puzzle, Start Sound Loops, End Sound Loops, etc, all the way till finished. They all appear in my 'saved games' folder. I can go back to just about anyplace and look at things or replay a sequence. I never resave over one of those segments. Keep saving as you go and you will always have a step back and continue if something happens again.

NadiaR's Avatar Senior Member
    if you have saved your progress until the fatal incident which caused you to start a new game then you should be able to retrieve your saved games by hitting the " Load game" link appearing on the red start-up book ( Before any game starts). Did you try that ? if you have and you still are not getting them back then, I'm afraid your problem is more technical . You should probably try posting on the "technical support" side you maybe finding what you need there! Good luck!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KingJim:
    Hi

I just got the game this evening...I've been saving the game Manually as I complete a step or I move on to a new area.

*** Did you Manually Save any games ? ***

IF you "ONLY" saved the Game when you Quit & you kept overwritting the last saved game you loaded then your out of luck...sorry...

Howver if you have a friend who saved each level or Age if that's what you call it, they can give you a copy of their Saved game & you can Paste it...just be sure to make a copy of the File your going to overwrite.

If yes...&gt;Go to your Myst3 "Saved Games" folder on your HD...Saved games should be there unless you changed the location at the install...&gt; C:\Program Files\Myst III Exile\Saved Games

I stared a New game call it #2 & it did NOT delete the 3 saved games from Game #1 that I had. It appears you can start & save as many New games as the Book can hold !!!

After reading your post I Copied my Saved Games to a different folder in My Documents.

[This message was edited by KingJim on Fri March 05 2004 at 10:33 PM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How did you save it manually? I thought I had done so, within the game. I could not click anywhere or save anywhere that I could access or find. Other than on the "book" page that was on the game itself. On Uru, I could click in the corners and "save as" on my computer; I could not with this Myst collection. In my saved games folder, I could not access it. Do you think it is because I have XP? There are issues with XP, for sure. Thanks for the help?!!!! dianag820