Desmond was one of the most interesting things in AC1. Atäirs adventures where great yes. But everytime you got out of the Animus you had long interesting conversations as Desmond and you where allowed to walk around while it happened.
    In AC2 there is almost no Desmond, and that is a giant flaw in the game I think.

Please... is it because of all of you? Did you all hate the Desmond role from AC1 so much that Ubisoft decided to almost write him out of the story?

Desmond was one of the most interesting things in AC1. Atäirs adventures where great yes. But everytime you got out of the Animus you had long interesting conversations as Desmond and you where allowed to walk around while it happened.
    In AC2 there is almost no Desmond, and that is a giant flaw in the game I think.

Please... is it because of all of you? Did you all hate the Desmond role from AC1 so much that Ubisoft decided to almost write him out of the story?

One of the things I read about AC2 was that Desmond will "Do more." IMHO he actually did less, although what he did was more meaningful I felt, the actual content as him was a bit less.

Though, I don't think its a major flaw, but I did feel a bit dissapointed there wasn't as much as I hoped. Still, the game was set over a relatively short time period, so it makes sense he doesn't come out of the Animus much.

Plus, all those Subject 16 riddles were technically Desmond gameplay, too.

But there was no conversations and you didn't even get to walk around and have much fun in the place either.
    And I don't consider the riddles Desmond gameplay. I solved them, not Desmond, so it's not like I felt his presence.
    We have a fine Ezio storyline, but I so much want a Desmond storyline too. Eventhough it might make the Ezio storyline shorter.
    I know the game centers around a short periode. But that only because they decided it did. I would have liked them to have decided, that it would set around a longer periode, if that's what's holding it back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DLTyrus:
    One of the things I read about AC2 was that Desmond will "Do more." IMHO he actually did less, although what he did was more meaningful I felt, the actual content as him was a bit less.

Though, I don't think its a major flaw, but I did feel a bit dissapointed there wasn't as much as I hoped. Still, the game was set over a relatively short time period, so it makes sense he doesn't come out of the Animus much.

Plus, all those Subject 16 riddles were technically Desmond gameplay, too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

(Semi-spoilers?)

Yeah, I was surprised they didn't take him out of the Animus as often, but I think all that happened in a grand total of 2 days because they only took him out to let him sleep once. (Unless they were working him for a while, which is unlikely, since they were saying they were trying to be careful with that.) And I guess they had to cover a lot more of Ezio's storyline.

In the end, it's all about Desmond. And in the ending sequence, literally - it's about Desmond. It's through his genetic memories that enable the story.

Yes in Ac2 there is almost no Desmond because in Ac3 he will be the main player. *Spoiler* "There are many that will stay in your way , Deasmond"- Minerva.So don't worry we will play with him a whole game.

Desmond Rulzz,Altair (love him),Ezio (like him).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by evil9494:
    Yes in Ac2 there is almost no Desmond because in Ac3 he will be the main player. *Spoiler* "There are many that will stay in your way , Deasmond"- Minerva.So don't worry we will play with him a whole game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    We still may have to go into his genetic memories, but I don't think they'd take up the majority of the game like in AC2. If AC3 is the last game in the series, they'd have to wrap up the story and yes, Desmond should be most of it. It still remains how he'd get around to all the "temples" though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by evil9494:
    Yes in Ac2 there is almost no Desmond because in Ac3 he will be the main player. *Spoiler* "There are many that will stay in your way , Deasmond"- Minerva.So don't worry we will play with him a whole game.

Desmond Rulzz,Altair (love him),Ezio (like him). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't know that for sure.
    And I very much doubt that will be true.
    Since there is so much talk (not just fans), about where and when the next AC game will take place, I find it unlikely that Desmond will be the main player.
    Although I know that the only thing he has to do, is take the hood his shirt has, on, and then the looks just like an assassin.

There has been a lot of speculation that has turned out not to be true, though. For a start, a lot of people took it as true that the next game was likely to be set in WW2, and that turned out to be entirely made up. Similarly, a lot of rumours about AC2 turned out to be majorly false.

Just because a lot of gaming sites or whatever say "discussions are on as to what historical setting the next game will be set in" doesn't mean that is actually happened, or that even if it is, its not just to make sure game details aren't given away so soon.

However, I'm not ruling out the possibility, but I've yet to hear an idea for keeping the game mainly in the Animus that doesn't entirely ruin the story, as far as I'm concerned. So, if there really are talks about where the next will be set, historically, as if not being set in the Animus isn't even an option, I'm severly worried for the storyline of the game.

Azugo's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DLTyrus:

Plus, all those Subject 16 riddles were technically Desmond gameplay, too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree entirely with everything you said here.