🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Rocksmith import into remastered 2014 on PC 2021

I bought Remasterd 2014 on Steam. After playing a couple days, I heard that the songs(most) from the original Rocksmith could be imported into 2014, so I then bought the original Rocksmith.

Everything I've read indicates that I need to buy a import tool from Steam DLC under Rocksmith 2014. There are 1500 songs, no tool.
    How do I import the included Rocksmith songs into Remastered 2014 on Steam PC?

futile67's Avatar Senior Member
    The tool is in the actual Rocksmith Remastered page in Steam Store (not in the list of DLC songs)

got it. thanks.

So i found and bought the tool in steam. Where do I go to launch it? It's not in my library, but is shows that I purchased it in my account purchase history.
    I launched Rocksmith remasterd 2014 and nothing popped up indicating that the tool was available to import songs!!
    Does it automatically import behind the scenes without my(user) prompts?

futile67's Avatar Senior Member
    I did it almost 8 years ago, and I don't remember how it worked, but I don't think you need to do anything else or activate it. Just check your song library in RS2014 and if you have songs like Soundgarden's Oushined, Nirvana's In Bloom or the Rolling Stone's Satisfaction, then you are all set. Also, if you buy DLC from the first game, they should also appear in RS2014's library without you doing anything else.

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    Id make sure you have RS2011 installed in your steam library too.

Originally Posted by brannons1971 Go to original post
    So i found and bought the tool in steam. Where do I go to launch it? It's not in my library, but is shows that I purchased it in my account purchase history.
    I launched Rocksmith remasterd 2014 and nothing popped up indicating that the tool was available to import songs!!
    Does it automatically import behind the scenes without my(user) prompts?
    You don't have to do anything. Just restart Steam and you should be good to go. It's not so much a tool as it is buying licenses much like buying DLC.