🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

Voices from NPCs too low volume

Often the voices of NPCs are very quiet and sometimes I can't make out exactly what they're saying. Example: I walk up to 2 guards and they tell me "Don't go noising around here" but the voice is very low volume. And if I loot somebody there used to be NPCs giving hilarious comments. Now those comments are almost inaudible.

I experimented with voice volume vs effects and music volume but those voices are always much lower volume.

This didn't happen in the old AC3.

Could you guys please fix that?

UbiCosmos's Avatar Community Representative
    Hello Randelia,

Thanks for sharing this information with us. Which platform are you playing on? Also, do you notice this with all NPC's that you encounter?

I am moving this to the Support forums for further investigation.

I'm playing on the PC and am in Boston as Haytham. The NPCs I am supposed to talk to, e.g. Benjamin Franklin, the people in the Green Dragon Tavern on my team etc are speaking in normal volume. But the NPCs out in the street who are commenting on what I am doing are speaking in much lower volume.

Also when I am joining a group of people standing in the street talking they speak in lower volume as well.

When approaching soldiers they sometimes speak in lower volume. When I am looting corpses usually the folks on the street nearby make hilarious comments. They still do but in low volume.

The soldiers I am in combat with are speaking in normal volume. The town criers are also speaking in normal volume. It looks like everybody else speaks in low volume.

Some NPCs are saying stuff about their lives which I remember to be hilarious, e.g. a woman talking about needing to have liquor with meals. Those comments are also in low volume. Soldiers standing and talking are in low volume. Even when they warn me not to come closer they speak in low volume. I think once I engage them in combat they are speaking normally again.

PC Win 10 64 bit with updated video and audio drivers. I tried with both headphones (Logitech Artemis 933) and with HDMI sound (Nvidia GeForce 1080 Ti from Asus, connected to Onkyo TRS 80). The HDMI I tried with 7.1 and with setting it to stereo. The voices of the NPCs are low volume regardless of what I try. E.g. when I walk behind people stealing from them (yes lol) the women scold me "That thieving will cost you" but it's barely audible. Usually it was loud and clear haha

Absolutely love the new game. Boston looks breathtakingly wonderful. It looks so real. Thank you so much for all your efforts on making us fans happy

Going to bump this. I'm having this exact same issue.

It only seems to happen to NPCs on the street. Not sure if there's a way to fix this, I already messed with volume settings on Windows itself, but nothing seemed to help.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

My config is set to Stereo already, since I know 7.1/surround was known to have issues with the game.

Also bumping this thread.

I am having the same issue and support has only given me a non-respone by saying they're no longer updating the title.
    NPCs give very important audio indicators as to your current notoriety level and if you're being detected. This is the essential part of the game, and without it, the game is a faulty product.

its every NPC has low volume and then main guy you are in assassin's creed Valhalla his voice is so louder than every NPC in the game i play on pc plz fix this

Ubi-Borealis's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello there nightwalker88! Welcome to the forums

In future, please ensure that you post in the correct forums for your query. You are currently in the Assassin's Creed III: Remastered Player Support forum.

I recommend checking out our megathread post on our Discussions forum.

If you need further support, please feel free to open a support ticket or to reach out to us on our new dedicated forums! Thanks!

Hello, I can't seem to find if this issue has been resolved, but this is also happening for me on my first-gen xbox one, not on PC. I've tried to allow the audio to pass-through, tried messing with the limited settings I have in-game and on the xbox, but nothing. I hear some of the ambient noise, but the daily chatter or reactions from NPCs are so low as to be practically inaudible.

I'd really like to know if there is a fix I just finished Revelations, and the daily bustle of Constantinople, was really great to helping me pick up the vibe of the city and was a great way to get immersed in the game. Now it feels eerily quite and it's difficult to be immersed in the game.

Thank you!