🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Rocksmith + Questions

Watched the video, looked for info...and now I'm down to the last few questions:

1) MacOSX or Steam? (No offense, but I don't want to buy a new computer for 1 game).

2) Offline Play (I travel by trailer, and some parts of the United States just don't have wi-fi. Imagine that!)

3) Subscription Pricing? (Have ya'll realized, you're going to make LESS money? Serious. I just checked, since February 2017, I've paid $991.59 for DLC to Steam! Holy crap. You're gonna save me sooo much money...)

1) no need for steam anymore. Only ubisoft connect.

2) no offline play as of yet, as you are "streaming" the songs. Hope they add an offline mode.

3)
    How much they earn depends a lot on their new licens model, any how many are willing to subs cry.

Personally, I spent far less money than you on dlc^^
     1 people found this helpful

RE 1: No Mac version. You can use boot camp for the main game. It doesn't seem to work with the workshop tools though. Eventually there will be an iOS version which might work on Mac now that Mac can run iOS apps but we'll have to see.

RE 2: it requires a live web connection at all times.

I wonder how many Steam users of the game there are/were?

Originally Posted by rfullen76 Go to original post
    RS+ Steam users: 0

Sure, I meant the RS2014 and previous versions. In other words, how many will be "out" of the new software, without new hardware?

Sure, I meant the RS2014 and previous versions. In other words, how many will be "out" of the new software, without new hardware?
    Only Mac, Xbox 360, and PS3 support is being dropped.

Hmm... that's 3 out of 4 platforms being dropped for the new software. I wonder what that actually is in Users.

Hmm... that's 3 out of 4 platforms being dropped for the new software. I wonder what that actually is in Users.
    RS+ will be on:
    PC
    XBOX SERIES X <-- (probably series S too but the website only says X)
    XBOX ONE
    PLAYSTATION 5
    PLAYSTATION 4

They're only dropping support for mac and the consoles 2 generations old.

The average daily active users on Steam tend to be near 1000. Mac and PC users should be combined for that tally because they both are tied to Steam. Given that Mac support is being dropped, it's RS-2014 user base is likely much smaller than PC. But there's always a chance they'll add a Mac support later.

Source for anyone curious about Steam playercounts -> https://steamcharts.com/app/221680

I would assume xbox and playstation playercounts are much higher, but there's no stats for that.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by smeeee Go to original post
    RS+ will be on:
    PC
    XBOX SERIES X <-- (probably series S too but the website only says X)
    XBOX ONE
    PLAYSTATION 5
    PLAYSTATION 4

But there's always a chance they'll add a Mac support later.
    And iOS which means it may be playable on Mac through iOS support. You can also use Bootcamp. I wouldn't count on MacOS support as currently there are no plans for it.

It's unclear to me if Android support will eventually include the main game or if it's only the tuner and use as mic functions.