🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The For Honor forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
  1. #31
    MrBdur's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,426
    Oh I didn't mean it like that...
    Share this post

  2. #32
    MrBdur's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,426
    I need to find more positive ways to communicate because going back and reading my comment, I sound like a huge darsh. LOL

    Sorry about that. Wasn't trying to say Knight Raime's opinions are bad or anything. He has plenty of game knowledge. I think he often has very credible opinions and tries to take an unbiased stance in most of his arguements.

    I disagree on the Zone OS as I feel like it should go. That's all really.

    Don't really know why I felt the need to mention me being a better player... sort of cringed a bit reading it over just now.

    Sorry about that...
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  3. #33
    Originally Posted by MrBdur Go to original post
    I need to find more positive ways to communicate because going back and reading my comment, I sound like a huge darsh. LOL

    Sorry about that. Wasn't trying to say Knight Raime's opinions are bad or anything. He has plenty of game knowledge. I think he often has very credible opinions and tries to take an unbiased stance in most of his arguements.

    I disagree on the Zone OS as I feel like it should go. That's all really.

    Don't really know why I felt the need to mention me being a better player... sort of cringed a bit reading it over just now.

    Sorry about that...
    MrBdur

    I don't think you're mean in your particular case.

    I think you know you're good at playing and feel like you have something to prove.
    I believe you are good at playing, but I have as much regard for you as I do for Foxy or Goat or anyone else.

    Come to think of it, For Honor is a game. That will eventually disappear with time like so many others...

    What always stays are the small moments of fun. And all your victories will be worth more if you have friends to share with.
    Otherwise, alone you will always have that feeling of missing something.

    Remember... a bus has 40 seats. A Lamborghini only has 2... It must mean something...

    Believe in the old...
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  4. #34
    MayanKingGaming's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Mérida, México
    Posts
    865
    Originally Posted by PicoAncus Go to original post
    MrBdur

    I don't think you're mean in your particular case.

    I think you know you're good at playing and feel like you have something to prove.
    I believe you are good at playing, but I have as much regard for you as I do for Foxy or Goat or anyone else.

    Come to think of it, For Honor is a game. That will eventually disappear with time like so many others...

    What always stays are the small moments of fun. And all your victories will be worth more if you have friends to share with.
    Otherwise, alone you will always have that feeling of missing something.

    Remember... a bus has 40 seats. A Lamborghini only has 2... It must mean something...

    Believe in the old...
    I feel sad know. I mean I know it will dissapear, but IDK , i don´t want to. Maybe we can mimic runescape so FH never dies?
    I feel like I invested so much time in this game...I know as a father and a nearly middle aged man that this is somewhat cringy. But I love this freaking toxic game.
    Share this post

  5. #35
    Originally Posted by MayanKingGaming Go to original post
    I feel sad know. I mean I know it will dissapear, but IDK , i don´t want to. Maybe we can mimic runescape so FH never dies?
    I feel like I invested so much time in this game...I know as a father and a nearly middle aged man that this is somewhat cringy. But I love this freaking toxic game.
    it's all the more reason, for all of us to enjoy the moment and have fun.

    The For Honor moments that I remember well are the ones I played with my friends. Not the Takedowns I do, or whether I'm good or not... It doesn't matter at all.

    The most important thing is the attitude that characterizes us. I don't mind playing with noobs on the team. I'll probably laugh...

    Everything in life passes quickly. Be concerned about enjoying the moments instead of having this feeling of emptiness, and wanting to show and prove that you are better. In a few years no one will remember For Honor.
    Share this post

  6. #36
    MrBdur's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,426
    I'm just too competitive lol
    Share this post

  7. #37
    Originally Posted by MrBdur Go to original post
    I'm just too competitive lol
    Being competitive is good.
    But you don't have to prove anything to anyone.

    Try to channel your energy into something positive, like coming to a Dominion to help PicoAncus' Noob...
    Share this post

  8. #38
    Originally Posted by PicoAncus Go to original post
    I want Zone OS to be removed. But Knight_Raime have good points there.
    And that's fine. I have no problem with people who want something gone that they don't like. I take issue with people pushing a false agenda about something they dislike to try and legitimize their opinion instead of just being confident in their position. I don't disagree that zone option selects are harmful in some aspects. I just believe they add more to the game than they take away. Further than that though I think a lot of the blame for zone OS's are falsely given. I think the blame rests more on poor heros and how shallow FH is combat wise. But in the end those are just nitpicks for me. They don't legitimize or make my opinion more correct than someone elses.

    Originally Posted by LightUpTheEyes Go to original post
    Shots fired
    I have a different memory compared to What he claims about our experiences. But regardless he is correct. I speak from a competitive perspective because that's where the game is interesting to me. Not to say that anything besides it isn't important. But for me personally I don't care about anything else. It seems pointless for me to be upset about say Zone OS's if they hurt my gameplay more than top play. Because I know if I actually put the time into the game to get good it would be less of a problem to me. A vast majority of complaints to me come off as a "get good" situation.

    While Bdur is a good player that doesn't change my opinion. If he was better zone OS's wouldn't be a problem for him. If they were legitimate problems I feel they would be reflected as such in top level play. Because those are the people who can push the game to it's limits and show you what is and isn't possible. Which I value most. Probably over value some what. But yeah. I don't think i've ever mislead people in this regard. (Maybe pre season 5. Idk, it's been years.) I've felt i've been rather open about where my opinions come from. It is after all the reason I even comment here. I want to bridge the gap of knowledge between average players and comp players so everyone is on equal footing when it comes to knowledge.

    I used to toute myself as an above average player. But since i've not played consistently since before pre ccu (probably like. Season 8 or 9 is where I peaked in playtime,) I'd say i'm probably not a good player anymore. Maybe slightly below average. Most of my wins in duels seem to be from me just making better reads on players who don't realize they're being predictable. It's rare I come across someone that I can go toe to toe with and win by a hair. Either i'm rolling or i'm getting rolled. This is because I no longer have consistency since I don't play much anymore.

    I'm still confident in my knowledge though. And I still have fun with FH. Just primarily through watching comp now. As much as i'd love to actually play the game more my internet just doesn't really allow me to for dominion anymore. And duels are not fun to me anymore. Had my fill from launch till season 6 or 7. I really only duel if I feel the need to play.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  9. #39
    @Knight_Rame

    I don't like the duel mode.
    I have no problem going 1v1. Even because I go 1v1 in Dominion several times, and it doesn't bother me.

    I confess that what I really like is the fact that it is a team mode, and there are other primary objectives, besides the direct fight.

    And I like the change of circumstances, where sometimes we are numerically advantaged, sometimes disadvantaged.
    I like the tactical and strategic component of deciding between several options.

    While it's been said that duelists are the experts, I think playing Dominion and Breach takes more than just being a good duelist. There is a lot of strategy and tactics, which imply a quick decision power.

    Of course, being the most played mode, it attracts a lot of players from many different levels and there are those who don't handle ganks well. And understand that there is cowardice. But even in Ganks, you need to know how to manage.

    Sometimes things go very well, sometimes things go very wrong.
    That's why I always say, I'm an Average player. And I'm comfortable with that. ;D
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  10. #40
    MrBdur's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,426
    Originally Posted by Knight_Raime Go to original post
    And that's fine. I have no problem with people who want something gone that they don't like. I take issue with people pushing a false agenda about something they dislike to try and legitimize their opinion instead of just being confident in their position. I don't disagree that zone option selects are harmful in some aspects. I just believe they add more to the game than they take away. Further than that though I think a lot of the blame for zone OS's are falsely given. I think the blame rests more on poor heros and how shallow FH is combat wise. But in the end those are just nitpicks for me. They don't legitimize or make my opinion more correct than someone elses.



    I have a different memory compared to What he claims about our experiences. But regardless he is correct. I speak from a competitive perspective because that's where the game is interesting to me. Not to say that anything besides it isn't important. But for me personally I don't care about anything else. It seems pointless for me to be upset about say Zone OS's if they hurt my gameplay more than top play. Because I know if I actually put the time into the game to get good it would be less of a problem to me. A vast majority of complaints to me come off as a "get good" situation.

    While Bdur is a good player that doesn't change my opinion. If he was better zone OS's wouldn't be a problem for him. If they were legitimate problems I feel they would be reflected as such in top level play. Because those are the people who can push the game to it's limits and show you what is and isn't possible. Which I value most. Probably over value some what. But yeah. I don't think i've ever mislead people in this regard. (Maybe pre season 5. Idk, it's been years.) I've felt i've been rather open about where my opinions come from. It is after all the reason I even comment here. I want to bridge the gap of knowledge between average players and comp players so everyone is on equal footing when it comes to knowledge.

    I used to toute myself as an above average player. But since i've not played consistently since before pre ccu (probably like. Season 8 or 9 is where I peaked in playtime,) I'd say i'm probably not a good player anymore. Maybe slightly below average. Most of my wins in duels seem to be from me just making better reads on players who don't realize they're being predictable. It's rare I come across someone that I can go toe to toe with and win by a hair. Either i'm rolling or i'm getting rolled. This is because I no longer have consistency since I don't play much anymore.

    I'm still confident in my knowledge though. And I still have fun with FH. Just primarily through watching comp now. As much as i'd love to actually play the game more my internet just doesn't really allow me to for dominion anymore. And duels are not fun to me anymore. Had my fill from launch till season 6 or 7. I really only duel if I feel the need to play.
    I totally understand your reasoning for believing zone OS is ok due to comp players having no issues with it but the only reason they have no issues is because they are the best and, really, they will adapt no matter what changes occur.

    To me, them being able to handle zone OS without issue doesn't mean it is healthy. It just means they got so used to it since it's always been there.

    I understand the notion that removing zone OS could make combat more shallow but actually, it will make combat deeper.

    The team declared on their official news page that the reason for removing option selects is they make many strong, threatening moves completely moot.

    They completely take away the threat of slower, powerful attacks because you don't need to defend the way the devs intended. You can just OS those moves.

    Shugoki is the prime example. Before the rework, you could just soft feint hugs at people who OS and beat them out. Now, Shugo gets OS'd out of everything.

    Option Selects just stifle offense and, in my opinion, actually REMOVE a layer of combat.

    Sure zone OS gives us one more thing to think about, but it also REMOVES the need to think of anything that zone OS beats out.

    By removing zone OS, we remove one thing to think about, and in return, players must watch and think about the 10 things that zone OS allowed us to stop with ease.

    This removal will only enrich the combat depth as opposed to lessening it.
    Share this post