🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Rocksmith needs a Transpose Feature

I am new to Rocksmith, so this could already be a feature; however, similar to Ultimate Guitar's Offical (pro) tabs, being able to transpose songs could have multiple advantages:

- Less Tuning: Eb songs could quickly be modified to E Standard, so we don't have to readjust tunings constantly. Maybe add a warning that states the soundtrack will no longer be official.
    - Focus on Vocals: Vocally; people could learn the correct key to play instead of transposing after learning a song via Rocksmith.
    - Vocals as an Instrument: I think this is necessary if you add vocals in the future.

Originally Posted by Angulur1 Go to original post
    I am new to Rocksmith, so this could already be a feature; however, similar to Ultimate Guitar's Offical (pro) tabs, being able to transpose songs could have multiple advantages:

- Less Tuning: Eb songs could quickly be modified to E Standard, so we don't have to readjust tunings constantly. Maybe add a warning that states the soundtrack will no longer be official.
    - Focus on Vocals: Vocally; people could learn the correct key to play instead of transposing after learning a song via Rocksmith.
    - Vocals as an Instrument: I think this is necessary if you add vocals in the future.
    Transposing won’t fly with a lot of the copyright holders. They get very particular about what you can do with their recordings. BTW, a new game is coming out soon in case you hadn’t heard.
     1 people found this helpful

That is really unfortunate. Maybe a workaround can be done via the track builder in Rockstar Plus.

I never gave Rocksmith a shot because of its limited library but after seeing the trailer and potential of RS+ I am all-in; even if that means learning the song twice lmao.
     1 people found this helpful