GeneralViez's Avatar Member

Option to turn faction missions on or off

Please note this is not about removing resistance!!

I'm not sure if I've seen this option or not in the settings, but can we not turn off the faction missions?

They are auch a PITA. I'm trying to do the oricale hunt and this ******* faction mission keeps appearing in one of the sites.

1: they are waste of my time. ( Don't know about anyone else?)
    2: repetitive.
    3: Bloody annoying.
    4: absolutely pointless.
    5: in the friggin way.
    And
    6: yeah just bloody annoying, pointless, repetitive and in the way.

Sandilands85's Avatar Senior Member
    currently there is no way to turn of the daily faction mission, as originally they were built to be a fairly essential point component of the gear score mode,

instead of removing them however i would have preferred to see more different faction missions added and a much wider scope of buildings and locations being used to facilitate them with a shake up on what the rewards are for completing them

You forgot annoying, repetitive and absolutely pointless.

But then again, most of the game is that.
     1 people found this helpful

ArgimonEd's Avatar Senior Member
    Well I agree that they are repetitive and there is no more reason for them since they removed the battle rewards.
    But there is a super easy solution for your problem.
    Don't play the faction missions, and this is not like...
    The game has problems, needs to be fixed, you complain and someone tell you to not play.
    In this case, you can ignore them all together.
    But there might be some people who occassionally enjoy them (me included when I have absolutely nothing better to do) so asking to remove something, well...its annoying

Steven527's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ArgimonEd Go to original post
    Well I agree that they are repetitive and there is no more reason for them since they removed the battle rewards.
    But there is a super easy solution for your problem.
    Don't play the faction missions, and this is not like...
    The game has problems, needs to be fixed, you complain and someone tell you to not play.
    In this case, you can ignore them all together.
    But there might be some people who occassionally enjoy them (me included when I have absolutely nothing better to do) so asking to remove something, well...its annoying
    yeah as much as I didn't like them either, if you are annoyed by them don't play them. There is no driving reason to do so as they have no impact on anything. When I was playing I would only focus on the mission types I found interesting but that didn't last very long either.
     3 people found this helpful

I am being a bit pedantic really.

There is a faction mission spawned right in the location of part of the oricale hunt. Tried doing it last night with it there all the time. The night before I tried it wasn't there at all. So its made the oricle hunt just that little more awkward. Mission goes fubar everytime due to the increase in enemy numbers.

So my suggestion of turning them on or off came to mind. I thought I'd seen an option for switching them off somewhere.

I do agree that they need changing to some degree. Certainly if they have no use because battle rewards are null and void.

Maybe a discussion for another thread?

Rafi-KtC's Avatar Senior Member
    Just wait another day and they change province, unless you have bad luck.

Originally Posted by GeneralViez Go to original post
    Please note this is not about removing resistance!!

I'm not sure if I've seen this option or not in the settings, but can we not turn off the faction missions?

They are auch a PITA. I'm trying to do the oricale hunt and this ******* faction mission keeps appearing in one of the sites.

1: they are waste of my time. ( Don't know about anyone else?)
    2: repetitive.
    3: Bloody annoying.
    4: absolutely pointless.
    5: in the friggin way.
    And
    6: yeah just bloody annoying, pointless, repetitive and in the way.
    no, faction missions should and need to stay in the game, they are desperetly needed for weapon upgrade parts and money to buy cosmetics and other stuff in marias shop if you play without tiered loot.

that might not be a problem for already existing and long lasting characters who swim in parts and credits but if you start a new character (which i still do sometimes) getting parts and credits without tiered loot is way better when faction missions are available.

EDIT: turning them on/off is fine, that harms nobody, as long as they remain in the game for the people who want them.
     1 people found this helpful

Keltimus's Avatar Senior Member
    There are people that play them just for the increased number of enemies and objectives. But ask yourself this, would turning off Faction missions make the game any less boring, repetitive, absolutely pointless, and annoying?
     3 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Leucos_ Go to original post
    no, faction missions should and need to stay in the game, they are desperetly needed for weapon upgrade parts and money to buy cosmetics and other stuff in marias shop if you play without tiered loot.

that might not be a problem for already existing and long lasting characters who swim in parts and credits but if you start a new character (which i still do sometimes) getting parts and credits without tiered loot is way better when faction missions are available.

EDIT: turning them on/off is fine, that harms nobody, as long as they remain in the game for the people who want them.
    I wasn't saying remove them completely. No need for the rant if it was one. I was asking for the on/off option if there was one.