🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Division forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Orel....'s Avatar Junior Member

Game is on its death path?

I'm saying this because few reasons -

• Lack of content - I barely see any new content other than that weird "battle pass" that gives you things that are surely droppable in the game, It became repetitive as hek and boring, even PVP is broken every second player uses shields.
    • Amount of massive bug and issues - we all remember that bug with the stack of talents you could've used ingame (a friend of mine did that bug and yeah got banned like everybody else. I had a small respect to game devs and I did not even tried to use so.. ) Anyway.. at the previous week I was so hyped that my cousin got a good high end pc, I recommended him the game and guess what? he experience what most of the players experience since 12.1 three months ago, CRASHES TO DESKTOP. I feel ashamed recommending him the game even tho it's good of it's type.
    • A huge toxicity in PVE teams, PVP - as most of us the addicted player loving to go help others, but these "others" doesn't like other people seems like mental issue or something they keep kicking you out of the team even when you got big *** dmg and it's seems like lately this game has become non-friendly and obviously having the most toxic community in the world when it comes to PVP.

I can't see what else I can add here but these are my pin points on where this game fails to deliver a fixed game and somehow I misses the TD1 days.
     2 people found this helpful

New content coming closer to the end of the year [likely Holiday season]. It was supposed to end with Faye, so what you're experience is a "replay" until the new content is ready.

PvP has always been broken - 95% of the game is developed for PvE. I'm still unsure why anyone bothers playing PvE games for PvP - I play Siege or Battlefield or other PvP focused games if I actually want to PvP. I've never truly enjoyed a PvP mode tacked onto a mainly PvE game [maybe Red Faction? Was OG Halo PvE focused? Does GoldenEye64 count?].

The crashing only became a major issue when they switched from UPlay to UConnect [made my Massive ], but it seems random on whom and when it's an issue.

I don't matchmake, so can't comment there.

PVP was an after thought from day 1 , the Anticheat is broken and doesn't work and the game is full of cheaters , 12 players on 3 crappy maps was not what anyone wanted and pushed so many back to Div 1 as it was better , conflict again was crap and only one game mode that people play , as for the Manhunt thing its needs to be rehashed and actually be a challenge as there is no challenge to getting a manhunt and clearing it

Merphee's Avatar Volunteer Moderator
    Let's be honest here: Division 2 isn't dead or on a death path, it's just in a coma.

The "doctors" had declared it brain dead, but then "God" said otherwise. This is due to Ubisoft wanting to continue support for a certain list of games that included Division 2. However, because the announcement of that content, or the decision to make new content, was made when the devs themselves thought the game was done after TU12 (let's just say "announced at the last minute"), it currently exists in the state between life and death, or more chronologically, death and life. I guess we can say Division 2 had a near-death experience.

And I for one think expectations are going to be high whenever the doctors begin to bring in the tools they quietly designed to help Division 2 out of its coma.
     4 people found this helpful

Orel....'s Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by Merphee Go to original post
    Let's be honest here: Division 2 isn't dead or on a death path, it's just in a coma.

The "doctors" had declared it brain dead, but then "God" said otherwise. This is due to Ubisoft wanting to continue support for a certain list of games that included Division 2. However, because the announcement of that content, or the decision to make new content, was made when the devs themselves thought the game was done after TU12 (let's just say "announced at the last minute"), it currently exists in the state between life and death, or more chronologically, death and life. I guess we can say Division 2 had a near-death experience.

And I for one think expectations are going to be high whenever the doctors begin to bring in the tools they quietly designed to help Division 2 out of its coma.
    That's the comment I have been looking for, don't get me wrong I'm not a PVP type of this game even tho it looks cooler than other games nor trying to say something against the game, I just wanted it to be improved. I always play TD2 for the PVE content, but as a player whom played too much time and start to feel it repetitive yes it annoys me. Although, hopefully this game will not die and they keep out the content because I can't see where they can keep the division storyline to TD3, and I love the concept of it.

xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    Well certainly isn't on it's prime really, no way to know the playerbase numbers to say if everyone was struggling to matchmake for content or not

Okay... I find this kind of dramatic post a bit silly.
    Yes, we are past heydays of TD2, and there wasn't any new content in months, but new content was announced. And the player base is still solid. It takes seconds for matchmaking since the start of the season rerun.
    There are still bugs in-game and crashes, but they are now rare and random (which makes it difficult to fix). And also, yes, the focus and support seem to lack.
    As for toxicity, in any multiplayer game, you will run into some jerks eventually (no different from life). PVE / co-op toxicity is new to me... Only once I was 'invited' to kick someone from the group, a guy who was always behind waiting for the loot, not even trying to shoot... And we wouldn't mind much, but they failed / ignored to safely revive a fellow player that was down meters away while the action moved far ahead.

C'mon! Even TD1 is still alive.

Merphee's Avatar Volunteer Moderator
    Originally Posted by MSG.Lero Go to original post
    That's the comment I have been looking for, don't get me wrong I'm not a PVP type of this game even tho it looks cooler than other games nor trying to say something against the game, I just wanted it to be improved. I always play TD2 for the PVE content, but as a player whom played too much time and start to feel it repetitive yes it annoys me. Although, hopefully this game will not die and they keep out the content because I can't see where they can keep the division storyline to TD3, and I love the concept of it.
    The awkwardness the game is in can lead to frustration. I think, pertaining to the current state of the game these days, it's natural to feel that way. Given how long of a wait there is before we do get the new content, it will be frustrating running into a bug, the lack of content, or experiencing the current state of PVP (whatever that is).

Knowing the game will eventually come back, you just have to turn your attention elsewhere until that time has come. Doing so will save your sanity imo.

Originally Posted by Merphee Go to original post

Yeah like were gonna believe a volunteer moderator

Corrupt.be's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Focus1now Go to original post
    Yeah like were gonna believe a volunteer moderator
    He's right though. They didn't plan for new content but then the shareholders were like "What about Division?!".

And then they made a U-Turn basically, but it'll probably take until after the summer at least until we see something concrete.
     2 people found this helpful