🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The For Honor forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
  1. #1

    Is there a way to get in contact with the Community Manager?

    Hello, I came here today for a simple question. It's if I could somehow get into contact with the current For Honor community manager?

    This may sound kind of Karen-esq at first, but what I want to do is ask some questions about the game, especially what direction they hope to take the game, and maybe suggest some ideas of my own.
    I can't really say this is an interview, but more like a formal conversation.
    Is there any way?

    Thank you for your time.

    Edit: I'm just confused is all, I just want someone to clarify some things. I'm not angry or anything, I just want to know reasonings is all. Not only that, but stuff that I suggest seems to be widely overlooked, even my 67-page concept of a For Honor 2 detailing a lot of things like heroes, maps, UI, and Roadmaps. I have went through all of the processes, but I keep getting ignored. This seems to be the only way to get someone's attention now. I'm at a loss here, and this is the last resort for someone to see what I made, and also to clarify some things when it comes to concept creation. That's specifically why I want to talk with the Community Manager.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Good afternoon,

    Some here are already in the next stage wanting to ask questions... We are already looking forward to answers that will take a while to come.

    You can and should suggest ideas in the "Suggestions & Feedback" section of the Forum.


    Originally Posted by Ianoneshot Go to original post
    I can't really say this is an interview, but more like a formal conversation.
    Is there any way?
    And Yes...This really sound like Karen...
    Good Luck Buddy
    Share this post

  3. #3
    I think you should open a topic, write down what you think (either here or in suggestion and feedback). You will have a conversation with everyone on the forum about it, and your idea will be relayed to the devs as well. The community manager is watching the forums.

    You may also try to write for him I suppose.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    MrBdur's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,426
    Originally Posted by Ianoneshot Go to original post
    Hello, I came here today for a simple question. It's if I could somehow get into contact with the current For Honor community manager?

    This may sound kind of Karen-esq at first, but what I want to do is ask some questions about the game, especially what direction they hope to take the game, and maybe suggest some ideas of my own.
    I can't really say this is an interview, but more like a formal conversation.
    Is there any way?

    Thank you for your time.

    Edit: I'm just confused is all, I just want someone to clarify some things. I'm not angry or anything, I just want to know reasonings is all. Not only that, but stuff that I suggest seems to be widely overlooked, even my 67-page concept of a For Honor 2 detailing a lot of things like heroes, maps, UI, and Roadmaps. I have went through all of the processes, but I keep getting ignored. This seems to be the only way to get someone's attention now. I'm at a loss here, and this is the last resort for someone to see what I made, and also to clarify some things when it comes to concept creation. That's specifically why I want to talk with the Community Manager.
    I mean, first you must ask, why should the community manager talk with you, personally?

    There are plenty of people who think their ideas are great. If the devs sat down with every single one of those people to discuss their ideas, they would never get any work done.

    What reason have you given them to think your ideas are worth listening to?

    Also, 67 pages? Who in their right mind is going to give up their work hours or free time to read some random persons 67 page concept about a game that may not ever happen.

    I myself feel like I have great ideas for this game and feel like the game would be much better with my ideas implemented but there are lots of people who would disagree with me and be unhappy with my version of the game.

    What makes you so special? Why does it seem like you feel like they owe you a meeting? Why are your opinions more valuable than mine?

    Edit:

    When people see a topic they like, they respond. When they see one they don't, they move along.

    If you are being overlooked repeatedly, I would take that as a sign that your opinions are not favourable.

    It is also likely that your 67 page concept was not finished by a single person here in the forums.

    Just sayin.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by MrBdur Go to original post
    I mean, first you must ask, why should the community manager talk with you, personally?

    There are plenty of people who think their ideas are great. If the devs sat down with every single one of those people to discuss their ideas, they would never get any work done.

    What reason have you given them to think your ideas are worth listening to?

    Also, 67 pages? Who in their right mind is going to give up their work hours or free time to read some random persons 67 page concept about a game that may not ever happen.

    I myself feel like I have great ideas for this game and feel like the game would be much better with my ideas implemented but there are lots of people who would disagree with me and be unhappy with my version of the game.

    What makes you so special? Why does it seem like you feel like they owe you a meeting? Why are your opinions more valuable than mine?

    Edit:

    When people see a topic they like, they respond. When they see one they don't, they move along.

    If you are being overlooked repeatedly, I would take that as a sign that your opinions are not favourable.

    It is also likely that your 67 page concept was not finished by a single person here in the forums.

    Just sayin.
    I know I'm not that special. However, what makes a difference (at least is what I've heard) is initiative. Of course, I wouldn't actually sit down with the lead community representative and tell him to look at my 67 page thing. I would simplify it, pitch it like any other game developer, and leave it at that. I think the issue is that I am genuinely interested in the state of the game, or future games of the same universe. I can't really explain as to why, but this is something that I want to at least be seen.
    Also, as a side note I didn't expect anyone to read my concept fully. I mean, 67 pages is not fun to read. So I took the high notes and posted it instead to make it a bit more readable.
    Not only that, but I do have genuine questions on how the developer-to-community relations would work. I want to formally submit concept art and ideas, however because I'm a third party that's a big issue. So I guess the reason as to why I want to speak to the lead representative is that I want things to be cleared up. If ever given the chance (and it's unlikely) then I would formally give ideas. Kind of like a job hobby but I'm not being payed for it in cash. That's where legal issues come in, and that's why I want to talk to the community representative.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Ianoneshot Go to original post
    :ost::

    What you are asking for is just unrealistic and yeah it will come off as entitled to some and may even be. I understand that you are just a big fan of this game and despite its faults or flaws or how many times many of us that have been around since the beginning have raged over this game or changes made and not made or had to take extended breaks from playing it... this game is truly one of a kind and there really isn't anything else out there that is like it. That fact drives me to have MANY ideas and many of those I USED to post on this forum all the time but just stopped at some point as I gained a better understanding of how game development and publishing works and I got rid of my naivety about it when it comes to understanding it is all first and foremost a business.

    Innovation is GREAT and NECESSARY for the gaming industry to improve but it is also risky and expensive. So as innovative as this game is or was or however you see it, Ubisoft has been quite conservative and played it very safe with this game as the years have gone by and that used to drive me nuts thinking it could have been such a bigger deal but now I am content with what it is and where it is at and I can say I have gotten my money's worth 100x over for this game when compared to pretty much any other AAA title out there.

    I do hope however there is a For Honor 2 at some point... I know the developers have had to learn a TON creating, tweaking and balancing this game and its many heroes. Ubisoft has frustrated me to hell and back many times mainly for what I like to call them being "short-sighted" but all in all they have my support and I appreciate the product they've given me for the hundreds of hours i've played it.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    MrBdur's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,426
    Originally Posted by Ianoneshot Go to original post
    I know I'm not that special. However, what makes a difference (at least is what I've heard) is initiative. Of course, I wouldn't actually sit down with the lead community representative and tell him to look at my 67 page thing. I would simplify it, pitch it like any other game developer, and leave it at that. I think the issue is that I am genuinely interested in the state of the game, or future games of the same universe. I can't really explain as to why, but this is something that I want to at least be seen.
    Also, as a side note I didn't expect anyone to read my concept fully. I mean, 67 pages is not fun to read. So I took the high notes and posted it instead to make it a bit more readable.
    Not only that, but I do have genuine questions on how the developer-to-community relations would work. I want to formally submit concept art and ideas, however because I'm a third party that's a big issue. So I guess the reason as to why I want to speak to the lead representative is that I want things to be cleared up. If ever given the chance (and it's unlikely) then I would formally give ideas. Kind of like a job hobby but I'm not being payed for it in cash. That's where legal issues come in, and that's why I want to talk to the community representative.
    Well, best of luck to you
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Ianoneshot Go to original post
    I know I'm not that special. However, what makes a difference (at least is what I've heard) is initiative. Of course, I wouldn't actually sit down with the lead community representative and tell him to look at my 67 page thing. I would simplify it, pitch it like any other game developer, and leave it at that. I think the issue is that I am genuinely interested in the state of the game, or future games of the same universe. I can't really explain as to why, but this is something that I want to at least be seen.
    Also, as a side note I didn't expect anyone to read my concept fully. I mean, 67 pages is not fun to read. So I took the high notes and posted it instead to make it a bit more readable.
    Not only that, but I do have genuine questions on how the developer-to-community relations would work. I want to formally submit concept art and ideas, however because I'm a third party that's a big issue. So I guess the reason as to why I want to speak to the lead representative is that I want things to be cleared up. If ever given the chance (and it's unlikely) then I would formally give ideas. Kind of like a job hobby but I'm not being payed for it in cash. That's where legal issues come in, and that's why I want to talk to the community representative.
    Well...This is where i get confused...
    There is no one who understands this world today...

    You are out of Ubisoft and want to work for free...

    And whoever is inside wants to receive money without doing anything...

    This is way ahead of my time of understanding...
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by PicoAncus Go to original post
    Well...This is where i get confused...
    There is no one who understands this world today...

    You are out of Ubisoft and want to work for free...

    And whoever is inside wants to receive money without doing anything...

    This is way ahead of my time of understanding...


    Lol... now that you put it that way... ::mind blown::
    Share this post