I liked when jorm was added...myth wise. And the giant snake in breach was cool. The character was annoying to fight back then and jorms skin design for a hammer hero was/is very disappointing but the ambience of the myth was cool.

Gaser.'s Avatar Senior Member
    I expected this post to not talk about the real issues of the game and im still disappointed.

Also Jorm the hero that is so simple and lacks and decent pressure tool was OP when he came out...?

This statment is just amusing to me, Jorm was and still is nothing more then a noob stomber.

Originally Posted by Gaser. Go to original post

Also Jorm the hero that is so simple and lacks and decent pressure tool was OP when he came out...?

This statment is just amusing to me, Jorm was and still is nothing more then a noob stomber.
    Jorm was OP when he came out, because his stamina drain attacks where devastating, and the pin was frequent.

Right now Jorm, relies on a good defende making the parry counter almost mandatory if you want to apply pressure after to drain all enemy stamina.

His attack is basic, relying on the first heavy fly or feint to another thing...but even the unblockable have no HA, giving some enemys the possibility to just...light it...

It is almost mandatory too, to use the feat Tireless if you want to be insistent with stamina drains moves... unless of course if you to drain your own stamina first trying... So its excluded the unique feet of gain HP after a bash...And this should be a primary feat of Jorm not expendable.

Not even a noob stomper...sorry...
    his reach is short...

I think most people that play For Honor, especially the veteran dedicated fanbase have come to terms with what the game is and are fine with it. No use trying to change it now. Leave it to another IP or possibly a sequel. I would be totally into a similar game with a more realistic and visceral design. As it stands now For Honor is basically an arcade style 3rd person team-based fighter game. Of course it has its dueling and competitive scene but the overwhelming majority play Dominion. Its just crazy they haven't added any meaningful updates to dominion knowing that is where the bread and butter is.

Originally Posted by Xavyn Go to original post
    I think most people that play For Honor, especially the veteran dedicated fanbase have come to terms with what the game is and are fine with it. No use trying to change it now. Leave it to another IP or possibly a sequel. I would be totally into a similar game with a more realistic and visceral design. As it stands now For Honor is basically an arcade style 3rd person team-based fighter game. Of course it has its dueling and competitive scene but the overwhelming majority play Dominion. Its just crazy they haven't added any meaningful updates to dominion knowing that is where the bread and butter is.
    C'mon buddy... lets get serious... Im a veteran with more than 500 Rep now...

I also understand what you mean, and I agree with the part where you are making an arcade game.

For the rest, we are back to the principle of mediocrity again. We are not expecting another sequel game, because no one will buy the sequel if they don't like or are not happy with the initial game.

Also, excuse the silly analogy, but if you have a car with flat tires, you put in some new tyres. Don't buy a new car.

I mean, I'm going to buy the sequel, and invest again in a game, when the prognosis is bad, and I've already lost time and money invested in a game that is no longer viable, due to the incompetence and laziness of the brand that sells it.

is that if thats what itros for, I pred rather go play minecraft with the kids hitting cubes.

MrBdur's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by PicoAncus Go to original post
    C'mon buddy... lets get serious... Im a veteran with more than 500 Rep now...

I also understand what you mean, and I agree with the part where you are making an arcade game.

For the rest, we are back to the principle of mediocrity again. We are not expecting another sequel game, because no one will buy the sequel if they don't like or are not happy with the initial game.

Also, excuse the silly analogy, but if you have a car with flat tires, you put in some new tyres. Don't buy a new car.

I mean, I'm going to buy the sequel, and invest again in a game, when the prognosis is bad, and I've already lost time and money invested in a game that is no longer viable, due to the incompetence and laziness of the brand that sells it.

is that if thats what itros for, I pred rather go play minecraft with the kids hitting cubes.
    Not to be rude, but it REALLLLLY seems like you don't understand what a sequel would do for this game and why EVERYONE WOULD BUY IT.

The players who have been here a while (most of them, anyways) know that For Honor is likely buried in old code and changing the stuff we all want changed could have drastic negative impacts on the rest of the game. That is, if they are even ABLE to make those changes.

There have been 2 or 3 different dev teams in total on this game and if you have ever taken over a shift for someone else, even in a grocery store or mcdonald's, you know it can be confusing as all hell.

If the previous guy left you a mess, your job is going to be 10x harder and from the outside, everyone will blame you, the person now in charge of said job.

Anyways, a sequel is REQUIRED in order to fix the biggest issues with For Honor.

You say fix the current game before even CONSIDERING a sequel?? Without realizing it, you are essentially telling them to just scrap the entire project, meaning the current game and any plans for a sequel.

For Honor will NEVER be what we want it to be unless they rebuild it from the ground up, insert all of their current hero movesets and numbers, and THEN tweak thingd as need be.

It needs a fresh start with next gen specifications and a new game engine. Only then will For Honor become what we all want it to be.

Originally Posted by MrBdur Go to original post
    Not to be rude, but it REALLLLLY seems like you don't understand what a sequel would do for this game and why EVERYONE WOULD BUY IT.

The players who have been here a while (most of them, anyways) know that For Honor is likely buried in old code and changing the stuff we all want changed could have drastic negative impacts on the rest of the game. That is, if they are even ABLE to make those changes.

There have been 2 or 3 different dev teams in total on this game and if you have ever taken over a shift for someone else, even in a grocery store or mcdonald's, you know it can be confusing as all hell.

If the previous guy left you a mess, your job is going to be 10x harder and from the outside, everyone will blame you, the person now in charge of said job.

Anyways, a sequel is REQUIRED in order to fix the biggest issues with For Honor.

You say fix the current game before even CONSIDERING a sequel?? Without realizing it, you are essentially telling them to just scrap the entire project, meaning the current game and any plans for a sequel.

For Honor will NEVER be what we want it to be unless they rebuild it from the ground up, insert all of their current hero movesets and numbers, and THEN tweak thingd as need be.

It needs a fresh start with next gen specifications and a new game engine. Only then will For Honor become what we all want it to be.
    If they did make a sequel, my only issue with it would be the heroes. They shouldn’t use the exact same heroes from this game because I for one don’t want to start over again. They should either use the same factions but with new heroes for them, or make completely new factions and heroes altogether.

Originally Posted by Night_Fury147 Go to original post
    If they did make a sequel, my only issue with it would be the heroes. They shouldn’t use the exact same heroes from this game because I for one don’t want to start over again. They should either use the same factions but with new heroes for them, or make completely new factions and heroes altogether.
    They should probably not make the factions so restricting. Chimera vs Horkos, heroes for Chimera, villains for Horkos. That way, some currently not representable cultures, like arabs, indians, native americans, africans etc could enter the fray. I bet they hate how restricted their movement is, they are about to release the third hero with katana, and we have two Warden and Lawbringer. Most Vikings also have axes. China has more variants, but nobody likes those screaming pests, so they are not filling up their faction nor add them to Faction war.

Originally Posted by MrBdur Go to original post

Excuse...

I got lost in the part of: "What do I have to do with Ubisoft's internal problems?"

I say again, if they hadn't done **** at first, we wouldn't be in this situation.

I don't have to know how many Devs have joined or left, or if they have quality or not. This is part of what Ubisoft business...not mine.

But let me see if I understand...
    You want a sequel, reinvesting money and time in a game from a company...that already made a mess in the first game, making a lot of gamers waste time and money.

In other words... let's all reward incompetence, and return to investing money because incompetence is a quality nowadays.

Sorry... You weren't rude... You're being naive.
     1 people found this helpful

Oooooooooohhhh Sorry for the delayed understanding...
    I understand what you mean now.

Ubisoft, will fix everything that says it's wrong, and reorganize a new game from scratch, and all this just so that Players are satisfied, pleased and overwelmed with Ubisofts generosity and consideration for players.
    Of course the game will be for free, right?

Since it just comes to fix a mistake of theirs...I suppose that's it.
    Otherwise it just seems to me like a 1960s marketing strategy.