"Assuming that you right in the tec equipment, and thats a big "if"...
    Lets agree on one thing, if they make the progression to crossover with to the sequel with cosmetics and everything, i can agree its fair."

This was the beginning of my answer to MrBdur regarding the technological aspect.

And this will be the last answer I'm going to give to this Thread, because I've already pretended that I didn't see, a statement calling me ignorant or implying that I'm ignorant. And this already goes beyond the rules of good manners, and respect for each person's opinion.

But here's answering MrBdur:

1 - Wu-Lin the next logical faction. Really? And what about the Ottoman Empire, Mongols, Timurids, Saracens, Greeks, Mayans, Incas? Are Wu-lin really more logical? We have ​​noticed for community feedback to Wu-lin. What I see most are compliments.

2 - Do I need my lawyer? Is this a court? Prove what? and to whom? I read your opinion, and I didn't see any evidence. You spoke in technological terms, but you have not yet identified the equipment used, how it is used, and how it should be used. Where is the evidence for this?

3 - Do you even read what I wrote? I dont sad that veterans dont have interest in the game.

4 - Known fact by who? Proof?

5 - Obviously everyone has access to all heroes. But if heroes have the possibility to do light spam, for example, it makes the balance easier. Of course, the best player will always be able to parry and gain an advantage. What about Option Selects?

6 - Yes of course. If there's one thing that doesn't exist, it's folks complaining about enemy light spammers. Here on the forum I already know that everyone handles this well. But there in the game I see many die suffering from light spam or option selects, or spamming side dashes etc etc. For example.

7 - I didn't say there is conflict between veterans and new players. I said yes that Ubisoft would have a conflict in which it could not please both. Because some want to win for wisdom, others just want to win. (Not generalizing)

8 and 9 - I have already mentioned, that if this fact is true, I agree with the sequel through some demands that I consider fair.

10 - In this one, I see that you are far from the collective and individual goals of a business.
    A multinational can have 10 stores, with individual and general objectives. if 9 invoice 5x more than what is expected, and 1 store has an expense, the store that gives an expense is closed. You're not balancing the 9 that make money with the one that has expenses. Except in some cases where there is a commercial strategy.

In conclusion, I'm not against a sequel, I'm against the principle of mediocrity, which in turn favors those who shouldn't.
    Everyone believes what they want. If you want to believe in fairies and lakes with magical frogs jumping happily, believe. Everyone is free to think as they please.
    After (if) a sequel comes out, we'll soon see who was right.
     1 people found this helpful

@ Ia-Shaggy

Sorry for the offtopic posts.
    I re-read your opening topic again, and I can say that I agree when you say that there is a certain kind of fantasy that is tolerable. And the line of excellent and lame is very thin. I completely agree.

Originally Posted by MrBdur Go to original post
    That would be the idea. Reps, cosmetics, whatever.

Bring it all.

Just copy and paste the hero movesets and numbers into a new game engine. Instantly improved physics and fresh coding to work with. That way, they can fine tune anything they like with ease in a more advanced virtual environment capable of doing far more than the current game that was built with lesser technology.

The fact that some people don't realize how difficult (or simply not possible) a lot of things are for the game as it is currently is quite alarming. I am convinced there are things they CAN'T fix due to hardware limitations of its time of inception. It needs to be fully rebuilt from the ground up on new hardware and then have the current game's information copied over to fill in the movesets and numbers.
    The things they can omit in the sequel are the hidden indicators and the hidden first 100ms of the animations. They should do refresh animations with the desired speed at native so the game will look smoother. Cut animations is one aspect of the CCU I cannot stand. Oh, and they can get rid of Reflex Guard as well.

MrBdur's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by PicoAncus Go to original post
    "Assuming that you right in the tec equipment, and thats a big "if"...
    Lets agree on one thing, if they make the progression to crossover with to the sequel with cosmetics and everything, i can agree its fair."

This was the beginning of my answer to MrBdur regarding the technological aspect.

And this will be the last answer I'm going to give to this Thread, because I've already pretended that I didn't see, a statement calling me ignorant or implying that I'm ignorant. And this already goes beyond the rules of good manners, and respect for each person's opinion.

But here's answering MrBdur:

1 - Wu-Lin the next logical faction. Really? And what about the Ottoman Empire, Mongols, Timurids, Saracens, Greeks, Mayans, Incas? Are Wu-lin really more logical? We have ​​noticed for community feedback to Wu-lin. What I see most are compliments.

2 - Do I need my lawyer? Is this a court? Prove what? and to whom? I read your opinion, and I didn't see any evidence. You spoke in technological terms, but you have not yet identified the equipment used, how it is used, and how it should be used. Where is the evidence for this?

3 - Do you even read what I wrote? I dont sad that veterans dont have interest in the game.

4 - Known fact by who? Proof?

5 - Obviously everyone has access to all heroes. But if heroes have the possibility to do light spam, for example, it makes the balance easier. Of course, the best player will always be able to parry and gain an advantage. What about Option Selects?

6 - Yes of course. If there's one thing that doesn't exist, it's folks complaining about enemy light spammers. Here on the forum I already know that everyone handles this well. But there in the game I see many die suffering from light spam or option selects, or spamming side dashes etc etc. For example.

7 - I didn't say there is conflict between veterans and new players. I said yes that Ubisoft would have a conflict in which it could not please both. Because some want to win for wisdom, others just want to win. (Not generalizing)

8 and 9 - I have already mentioned, that if this fact is true, I agree with the sequel through some demands that I consider fair.

10 - In this one, I see that you are far from the collective and individual goals of a business.
    A multinational can have 10 stores, with individual and general objectives. if 9 invoice 5x more than what is expected, and 1 store has an expense, the store that gives an expense is closed. You're not balancing the 9 that make money with the one that has expenses. Except in some cases where there is a commercial strategy.

In conclusion, I'm not against a sequel, I'm against the principle of mediocrity, which in turn favors those who shouldn't.
    Everyone believes what they want. If you want to believe in fairies and lakes with magical frogs jumping happily, believe. Everyone is free to think as they please.
    After (if) a sequel comes out, we'll soon see who was right.
    I am sorry to say that as you can see, you aren't making anyone think you're smarter than I am because it's pretty obvious that you are not, no offense.

My responses follow a certain logic. Yours follow a large number of assumptions. Big difference.

I would gladly agree to your previous reply of "agree to disagree" except that right after saying that, someone else came on siding with me and criticizing you, which seems to have caused you to further respond to me instead of that user. I guess you didn't actually mean it when you said "agree to disagree".

Anyways, you trying to explain your 10 points again only hurts your arguement. You are contradicting your own statements and just attempting to discredit mine. You're like a politician. You even bragged to have specialized in the politics of business for 15 years or something close to that, yes?

You aren't going to convince anyone of your BS by using tactics like that.

We are entitled to our opinion of the game. If you want to believe your illogical narrative, that's completely within your rights. Enjoy.

I will choose to believe in what I see and what I know about the limits that are technology. Games are limited by the they are built on. Once the tech is outdated, then the game becomes outdated. In order to keep up, long running games require being rebuilt with new technology.

That's exactly where we are with For Honor. Time to scrap the old mess and start fresh.

JUST MY OPINION YOU DON'T EVEN NEED TO RESPOND.

But you can though. It's your right to comment wherever you want on the forums.

Jesus Christ...
    Not smarter than you?! MrBdur Gates.

I don't even know why there's so much demand from the Devs, we have a person here who clearly sees things with such clarity worthy of an enlightened one.
    Is Juventus paying Cristiano Ronaldo, and we have a star here...Where is the Scouting?

This is not a popularity contest to see who has the most favorable opinions.
    This has to do with opinions, everyone has their own.

Fact is, Hardware and Software are outdated, but the last reworks worked, and basically everyone is happy with them. Now comes 3 more and 2 new heroes.
    And you speak of a sequel. And you think you're logical in what you say...

Are you trying to convince me... or yourself? I still don't understand...

Originally Posted by PicoAncus Go to original post
    Jesus Christ...
    Not smarter than you?! MrBdur Gates.

I don't even know why there's so much demand from the Devs, we have a person here who clearly sees things with such clarity worthy of an enlightened one.
    Is Juventus paying Cristiano Ronaldo, and we have a star here...Where is the Scouting?

This is not a popularity contest to see who has the most favorable opinions.
    This has to do with opinions, everyone has their own.

Fact is, Hardware and Software are outdated, but the last reworks worked, and basically everyone is happy with them. Now comes 3 more and 2 new heroes.
    And you speak of a sequel. And you think you're logical in what you say...

Are you trying to convince me... or yourself? I still don't understand...
    I thought your previous reply was the last one?

You are indeed just like a politician!!

LOL

You just suprised me.
    But you did not gave me a ticket yet.
    I want that ticket.

I really don't understand how 7 good reworks and 3 more upcoming with 2 new heroes makes a sequel illogical.

They aren't going to cut support for the game if a sequel is in the works. The opposite is true, in fact.

If this game has no future, why continue to improve it? They are going to keep improving it BECAUSE a sequel is being worked on.

What they need is to get the roster to a point that they can happily just transfer info to a new game engine.

They are adding minimal "new" content and instead focusing on old content being brought up to new standards. That is a strange business model for a game planning 5 more years. Tells me something more is going on.

They are prepping for a next gen rebuild, plain and simple.

MayanKingGaming's Avatar Senior Member
    this is a somewhat complex matter,

both Bdur and Pico Ancus have strong points.

I would buy a secuel right now if they anounce it, but IDK, they are doing a lot for this iteration-

so, they are doing it to mimic R6 success after a less than stelar debut.
    or yeah they are doing it to transfer the best things to the new engine.

a third option I heard is they want a for honor rpg along the normal for honor, hoping normal for honor can reach a decent E-sports success.This rumour intensified with the Ubi work offer for an art director/artist or something like that with skills in fantasy/medieval art.

Originally Posted by MrBdur Go to original post
    I really don't understand how 7 good reworks and 3 more upcoming with 2 new heroes makes a sequel illogical.

They aren't going to cut support for the game if a sequel is in the works. The opposite is true, in fact.

If this game has no future, why continue to improve it? They are going to keep improving it BECAUSE a sequel is being worked on.
    Now There we go... A reasoning logic worthy of Prof. MrBdur Xavier.

Yes, it's perfectly logical to continue investing in a game with no future, so when the sequel is ready, both games are at a good level, and the user database will be split between the two games and then neither will succeed.

Of course you know this from a secure source? These are not assumptions, and clearly a Ubisoft representative is coming here to confirm this, right?