🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The For Honor forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
  1. #21
    If they do make a sequel, I want all of my progression to crossover, including the cosmetics. They can and should keep the entire roster, as I don't want to start over either, but continue making new heroes. However, they should do away with region-based factions if there are going to be restrictions on the number of new heroes they can create in the later part of the game's life cycle.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #22
    Originally Posted by Soldier_of_Dawn Go to original post
    If they do make a sequel, I want all of my progression to crossover, including the cosmetics. They can and should keep the entire roster, as I don't want to start over either, but continue making new heroes.
    That my friend, is talking.
    Agreed.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  3. #23
    MayanKingGaming's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Mérida, México
    Posts
    863
    I think they want for honor to follow the rainbow six path.

    So no FH 2 for a while.
    They want for honor to be a success in the long run, if they can´t succeed in that FH 2 will never see the light.

    In fact Im sure they will put the game for free at the last phase, they want a comp/Esports scene and a better reception for new comers. Even CCU is there to reduce the skill gap or more like the probability of being obliterated by a veteran, they are doing better educational videos for new players...they want to mimic r6 in a way, and they can actually do it with the correct decisions. Right now balancing is the correct one.
    Share this post

  4. #24
    In the last few months there were several quality reworks, where the Devs are to be congratulated.

    It just has to keep improving. There is a lot that can and should be improved.

    There is already more balance between heroes, there are already few edges to smooth. Then try to remedy the story mode, the Faction War Map.

    Maybe remove some game modes that are useless, and create other attractive ones. Maybe more objective focus and a little less constant fight instigator because for that we already have Dominion and Breach.
    Share this post

  5. #25
    MrBdur's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,425
    Originally Posted by Soldier_of_Dawn Go to original post
    If they do make a sequel, I want all of my progression to crossover, including the cosmetics. They can and should keep the entire roster, as I don't want to start over either, but continue making new heroes. However, they should do away with region-based factions if there are going to be restrictions on the number of new heroes they can create in the later part of the game's life cycle.
    That would be the idea. Reps, cosmetics, whatever.

    Bring it all.

    Just copy and paste the hero movesets and numbers into a new game engine. Instantly improved physics and fresh coding to work with. That way, they can fine tune anything they like with ease in a more advanced virtual environment capable of doing far more than the current game that was built with lesser technology.

    The fact that some people don't realize how difficult (or simply not possible) a lot of things are for the game as it is currently is quite alarming. I am convinced there are things they CAN'T fix due to hardware limitations of its time of inception. It needs to be fully rebuilt from the ground up on new hardware and then have the current game's information copied over to fill in the movesets and numbers.
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  6. #26
    MrBdur's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,425
    Originally Posted by PicoAncus Go to original post
    Excuse...

    I got lost in the part of: "What do I have to do with Ubisoft's internal problems?"

    I say again, if they hadn't done **** at first, we wouldn't be in this situation.

    I don't have to know how many Devs have joined or left, or if they have quality or not. This is part of what Ubisoft business...not mine.

    But let me see if I understand...
    You want a sequel, reinvesting money and time in a game from a company...that already made a mess in the first game, making a lot of gamers waste time and money.

    In other words... let's all reward incompetence, and return to investing money because incompetence is a quality nowadays.

    Sorry... You weren't rude... You're being naive.
    I understand your logic. I also know you have good intentions and whatnot.

    That being said, your response to me makes it quite clear that you misunderstood (or chose to remain ignorant to, I am not sure) everything I said.

    If you feel the current game should be fixed before thinking of a sequel, then goodbye For Honor. The current iteration of the game is buried and can't be fixed the way you expect.

    The ONLY WAY for us to have the game be what we all want it to be is for them to rebuild the game, I.E., a sequel. Plain and simple.

    I would absolutely pay money for a sequel. A sequel would prove my theories correct and would likely mean a greatly improved experience.

    They plan to support this game for another 5 years but what we have seen lately would suggest otherwise. To me, this means they are secretly working on something outside of public knowledge.

    This either points to a sequel or at least a massive overhaul of the current game which would be a bit silly in my personal opinion.

    I know a little about technology and at this point with next gen tech readily available, I think it would be dumb to continue trying to improve the current game as opposed to just starting fresh.

    There is absolutely no way the current game can continue like this for another 5 years, regardless of how many improvements are made.

    The engine it was built on is simply outdated.

    Why continue to change a game using old tech when new, better tech is right there?

    I genuinely don't understand why you are so against a sequel.

    Also, how many hours do you normally put into a game?

    I have bought plenty of games, spent 100+ hours in them, and felt that I got MORE than my money's worth.

    I have over 1000 in For Honor. I already got my money's worth in the first month of the game's release and by now, I have had my money's worth 10 times over, easily.

    Yes this game has issues and plenty of stupid stuff, sure, but I have had many many MANY good hours in For Honor.

    Bring on the sequel!!
    Share this post

  7. #27
    @MrBdur

    Assuming that you right in the tec equipment, and thats a big "if"...

    Lets agree on one thing, if they make the progression to crossover with to the sequel with cosmetics and everything, i can agree its fair.

    I want to believe what you say and that it's all about technical issues, but i have some sad truths to tell you that makes me feel a little skeptical:

    1 - The introduction of the Wu-lin faction was nothing more than a failed attempt to attract the huge Chinese gamer market, which seemed like an attitude of pure commercial greed.
    It completely failed.

    2 - After the epic failure of point 1, rumors spread that Ubisoft cut funding to the game, apparently in a frustrated attempt to panic players and inject cash into the game.
    Failed again.

    3 - In fact, the indignation of veterans is of little or no interest to Ubisoft, because they have already accumulated enough Steel to buy 10 more new heroes without having to resort to cash. They already bought loads of Outfits, executions, emotes etc etc. They already do little cash injection because they already have a lot of Steel Coin.

    4 - The Top Players only become useful in advertising the game. Because they also inject little or no cash into the game. I'm afraid that maybe the opposite happens and they still get some for the advertising they do.

    5 - There are new players left. Those will definitely want to inject cash, but they will only do so if the game appeals to them. And how does the game become appealing to noobs? Making them win and think they play well.

    6 - For the noobs to win, it's time to release button mash characters and easy mode gameplay to match the veterans.

    7 - Then there is this conflict between veterans who want their expertise to be valued, and noobs who want to win, otherwise there is no capital injection.

    8 - What is the most logical solution for everyone to shut up, and Ubisoft make money? Let's make everyone believe that there is a problem that makes the game impossible, and that a new one is needed.

    9 - Veterans are hopeful that the mistakes are correct with the new game. The noobs will play the new game anyway because they don't really have much to lose.

    10 - Everyone buys the game, and Ubisoft always wins.


    It turns out that just as you understand technology and software / hardware... I understand about politics and conflict management. it's been my job for over 15 years.
    Share this post

  8. #28
    MrBdur's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,425
    Originally Posted by PicoAncus Go to original post
    @MrBdur

    Assuming that you right in the tec equipment, and thats a big "if"...

    Lets agree on one thing, if they make the progression to crossover with to the sequel with cosmetics and everything, i can agree its fair.

    I want to believe what you say and that it's all about technical issues, but i have some sad truths to tell you that makes me feel a little skeptical:

    1 - The introduction of the Wu-lin faction was nothing more than a failed attempt to attract the huge Chinese gamer market, which seemed like an attitude of pure commercial greed.
    It completely failed.

    2 - After the epic failure of point 1, rumors spread that Ubisoft cut funding to the game, apparently in a frustrated attempt to panic players and inject cash into the game.
    Failed again.

    3 - In fact, the indignation of veterans is of little or no interest to Ubisoft, because they have already accumulated enough Steel to buy 10 more new heroes without having to resort to cash. They already bought loads of Outfits, executions, emotes etc etc. They already do little cash injection because they already have a lot of Steel Coin.

    4 - The Top Players only become useful in advertising the game. Because they also inject little or no cash into the game. I'm afraid that maybe the opposite happens and they still get some for the advertising they do.

    5 - There are new players left. Those will definitely want to inject cash, but they will only do so if the game appeals to them. And how does the game become appealing to noobs? Making them win and think they play well.

    6 - For the noobs to win, it's time to release button mash characters and easy mode gameplay to match the veterans.

    7 - Then there is this conflict between veterans who want their expertise to be valued, and noobs who want to win, otherwise there is no capital injection.

    8 - What is the most logical solution for everyone to shut up, and Ubisoft make money? Let's make everyone believe that there is a problem that makes the game impossible, and that a new one is needed.

    9 - Veterans are hopeful that the mistakes are correct with the new game. The noobs will play the new game anyway because they don't really have much to lose.

    10 - Everyone buys the game, and Ubisoft always wins.


    It turns out that just as you understand technology and software / hardware... I understand about politics and conflict management. it's been my job for over 15 years.
    I mean, you present a credible sounding narrative, but there are other logical explanations as well.

    1. The Wu Lin were the logical next choice for a new faction.

    2. You literally used "rumors" in your reasoning. Poor choice. Where is the proof? Do you even have evidence?

    3. If veteran players don't matter or put money in the game, why are they JUST NOW revisiting official tourny type stuff like the dominion series? It is literally FOR those players you speak of.

    4. The top players are specifically catered to. It's a well known fact.

    5. Umm. What? Making noobs think they are good so they spend money? I mean, I don't care how much money you got, if you suck, you won't be beating me anytime soon. Also, vets have the same access to those noob friendly heroes as the noobs. If the vets pick those heroes (which they do, ALOT) then this point becomes 100% moot.

    6. Button mash characters? I dare you to button mash against any half decent player as ANY hero. Good luck.

    7. Are you trying to say that disagreements between noobs and vets generates revenue? Can you explain this to me? I don't even have a response because I don't understand what you're implying.

    8. Or, more likely, the game is ACTUALLY just too difficult to fix at this point, and they do indeed need a fresh start to make it what we all want it to be.

    9. We are ALL hopeful that a sequel would fix many issues and any hardcore long time player will buy it as well as new players.

    10. I mean, it's Ubisoft. They don't need our money for one game to make money. They have plenty of other games that make them way more revenue.

    If your narrative were accurate, the logical thing to do would have been to drop support for the game entirely, but no, they keep it going despite not making huge money off of it because it has incredible potential for the esports scene. That very potential has not yet been tapped and they will keep trying until they hit the mark, in my opinion.

    Easiest way to hit that mark is by dropping a sequel. All there is to it.
    Share this post

  9. #29
    @Mr.Bdur

    Whatever buddy.
    Lets agree on disagree on this one.
    Share this post

  10. #30
    Originally Posted by PicoAncus Go to original post
    C'mon buddy... lets get serious... Im a veteran with more than 500 Rep now...

    I also understand what you mean, and I agree with the part where you are making an arcade game.

    For the rest, we are back to the principle of mediocrity again. We are not expecting another sequel game, because no one will buy the sequel if they don't like or are not happy with the initial game.

    Also, excuse the silly analogy, but if you have a car with flat tires, you put in some new tyres. Don't buy a new car.

    I mean, I'm going to buy the sequel, and invest again in a game, when the prognosis is bad, and I've already lost time and money invested in a game that is no longer viable, due to the incompetence and laziness of the brand that sells it.

    is that if thats what itros for, I pred rather go play minecraft with the kids hitting cubes.

    Hmm, this response strikes me as strange. First thing is, it seems to me we have quite different opinions of the game so I cannot accept your analogy as very meaningful. Although, in all honesty, I have been at a point in my feelings about this game that are similar to how you feel now but I have since come to the conclusion those feelings were actually out of how badly I wanted the game to succeed and improve because I cared about it more than almost any other game I play simply because this is one of the only games I consistently
    play and can take breaks and can come back and still enjoy it.

    The strange part though is your stance about a sequel and why you would not be interested. Thanks to MrBdur for pointing out the sheer technological aspect of it and why basically recreating this game with modern code base, engine and other resources is basically reason enough to WANT a sequel. But that all assumes that you even like the game and enjoy playing it. I mean yeah theyve made changes I don't like or refuse to change things I hate or changed a hero I really liked to one I don't so much but that kind of thing you end up learning to live with or accept but you talk about the game like not only would you not want a sequel but you wish you could refund the original right now. And if that's the case then ofc you could be counted out of the sequel.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post