🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The For Honor forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

The sad state of the average dominion player

I just want to know why dominion is a gamemode that apparently does not encourage players to evolve from their spammy noob state.

I was playing dominion the other day and I encountered a rep 60 Raider.
    He used heavy and feinted to stunning tap. Then he did that again and got parried. He tried that again, and got parried again.
    He kept stairing at meand then he had the idea of dodging sttuning tap from neutral. Got parried again.
    A teammate was fighting a JJ right beside me. He then would lock on my teammate and dodge stunning tap. Immediatly after he would lock on on me again and stunning tap from neutral.
    Got blocked on the first. Then got parried on the second. Then I threw some lights and he died.

I observed that guy, and his strat did not changed. He kept spamming stunning tap and the worse thing: it was actually working in some of my teamates.

Before everyone says he is a noob bla bla bla, he was rep oinking 60 and rep 200+ overall. He knew what he was doing, right? Bruh.

Like, this thing does not work on duelist players, and it supposedly also don't work against top% (I hope it doesn't). So why did he do that?

If he kept doing this for 60 reps he prob was rewarded for spamming. Is the average dominion player so bad? Is this why they cried to nerf Gryphon? Are duelists better than dominion players?

What is your opinion?

I hear a lot about Top Players, High Level...

And I ask myself:

How does each one of us know that we play at High Level, or that we belong to the Top Players?!

Answer: We don't.

I consider myself an average player because I know I don't have Kenzo's and Faraam's skills, thats for sure. But i consider myself a solid player. So not High level, but not weak... so Average.

The games live on those who inject money. It doesn't live of Top Players.
    Please stop creating these "pseudo Social Classes" of those who play a lot and who play little...

There are days where I only win, there are others where I only lose, and there are others that are balanced... It depends on who my teammates are, it depends on the flow of my team, it depends on how my day is going and my reading game, and even whether or not I'm tired that day, and I'm not getting quick reactions.

There is so much that influences our gameplay, and so many circumstances that make us win or lose, that it seems pretentious and arrogant to distinguish classes from those who play little or a lot in the game.

but yeah...what that player did, was just stupid...lol
     2 people found this helpful

MrBdur's Avatar Senior Member
    Depends on the level you play at. You can get a decent idea of where you sit by acquiring a duel rank.

It isn't totally accurate but it gives you a general idea. Really, you should be able to gauge yourself based on the average opponent you get matched against.

There are always going to be idiots, regardless of the level you play at. I see many all the time when I really shouldn't at my level.

Originally Posted by MrBdur Go to original post
    Depends on the level you play at. You can get a decent idea of where you sit by acquiring a duel rank.

It isn't totally accurate but it gives you a general idea. Really, you should be able to gauge yourself based on the average opponent you get matched against.

There are always going to be idiots, regardless of the level you play at. I see many all the time when I really shouldn't at my level.
    There will always be idiots, and always quality people in all game modes.

Matchmaking is unreliable, and there are often groups of 4 friends playing. And not everyone can have the same level. In this case, how is Match Making done? Are they put to play against enemies of our weakest teamate's level? on the level of our strongest teamate?

Claims and distinctions about pseudo Social Classes within For Honor is simply pretentious, and a psychological way of self-wanting to distinguish ourselves from other players.

Because actually there is no factual proof of who is or is not a good player. Even the Win rate is not reliable... You can have a low Win rate given the fact that you only play in TeamFights, and you depend not only on yourself, but on several teammates.

Or...you can have a high Win rate, because you turn off the console when you're losing, and the defeat doesn't count towards the Win Rate, and you don't get a penalty for leaving the game.

Therefore...
     1 people found this helpful

Eh, sometimes you'll just see players like that. There are people out there that really only play for fun, and not necessarily to get better. That's completely fine. You don't get XP by winning, you get XP by completing the match and doing orders.

You'd think that someone with 200+ reps and is rep 60 with a character might play pretty well, but that isn't always the case. I still run into rep 70 Orochis that still lightspam and use Kunai on a full HP opponent.

Literally, some people don't play to evolve and get better. They just play and hit buttons hoping it works without giving it much thought. That rep 200+ has just been playing and still having fun like that for a while, and if he isn't good now, he never will.

Also could have just been a friend or younger sibling playing, who knows.
     2 people found this helpful

Dunmaglass_'s Avatar Member
    This is a sad state only when you want to get better. Average players are between good and bad. You just find one random guy who was not good. At least you don't play against Dominion Series players in your matchmaking that force you to play top tier heroes. That is what make Average level fun to play but if you really want challenge, find a FH Discord and people to raise the matchmaking difficulty.

As I pointed out in another thread in response to a post of yours, I don't think you are using sound reasoning to come to the conclusions you come to Tio_Croc. One raider playing like a fool in a match doesn't say really anything of any substance about the state of average dominion players. But as others have said, you can expect to see that type of thing with some frequency at all levels and in some cases you see more at higher levels except they can actually be surprisingly effective with their trolly or cheesy tactics. But all in all I am not even sure if I know what an average For Honor player is capable of. Some days I feel like I am a Master level player and match up against recognizable players every so often but other times I honestly think I am probably exactly average if not pretty trash. You are going to see toxic or annoying players in any multiplayer game especially PVP ones and most especially team based pvp games.

I wouldn't sweat it too much or make much out of it. You will get to a point with this game where you really want to rage hardcore but eventually you learn to just have fun and accept it for what it is and its pretty difficult for anything to really bother you that much. At least thats how its been for me.

MayanKingGaming's Avatar Senior Member
    Pico Ancus
    it depends, how I know?

I ranked Diamond 5 on console with PK which is in itself a feat, I was almost at master level with warlord.
    Now on console there are not so many light parries or super turtles compared to PC.PC is ******g hard at the defense part.People with uber rigs are reacting to unreactables and PCX is full of cheaters and scripters.

Now I´m on PC and even with a meagre rep of 17 overalll they put me out there against 300 or even 400 reps...minimum 70 reps but mostly over 100 reps are against me.
    My ELO is not that great on pc cause this account was for my son at first and he was playing as a kid with a super low grade PC some years ago.
    On Console I was in the top 3 killer by match with my warlord in for honor tracker as Jarl blot.

You know you are high level when people with a lots of reps are destroyed by you, when matchmakings take a lot of time computing a good match (counting your rep and your skill) when you can erase entire teams by yourself and when people send you hate mail or racist slurs cause he/she got owned in breach 15-0.

You know you are high level other than ranked, in 4vs4 when you are paired at last with people that feint and do baits, 33/33/33 , people that know the maps perfectly and the death zones on them,people that know how to gank, people that you won´t survive in a 4 vs 1, people that know good rotations.

Rigt now in pc I can survive a 2 vs 1 most of the time, but at the begining I literally destroyed teams on my own. a 4 vs 1 against me with these lads of over 100 rep is almost impossible, you best bet is a stalling and pray your team will do something useful.

I know there are even higher echelons of skill like for example , barak or kenzo out there...so you can be at higher level but in my case I know there is some room to improve, they are better than me for sure, but also they are the cream of the cream.

Originally Posted by PicoAncus Go to original post
    There will always be idiots, and always quality people in all game modes.

Matchmaking is unreliable, and there are often groups of 4 friends playing. And not everyone can have the same level. In this case, how is Match Making done? Are they put to play against enemies of our weakest teamate's level? on the level of our strongest teamate?

Claims and distinctions about pseudo Social Classes within For Honor is simply pretentious, and a psychological way of self-wanting to distinguish ourselves from other players.

Because actually there is no factual proof of who is or is not a good player. Even the Win rate is not reliable... You can have a low Win rate given the fact that you only play in TeamFights, and you depend not only on yourself, but on several teammates.

Or...you can have a high Win rate, because you turn off the console when you're losing, and the defeat doesn't count towards the Win Rate, and you don't get a penalty for leaving the game.

Therefore...
    I said you should be able to gauge based on the average person you fight. For example, I fight against MOSTLY good players. Not all. There are plenty of matches I get FULL of idiots but more often than not, I am fighting incredibly competent players.

I get matched with GMs in casual duels more than I would like LOL.

High win rates mean nothing. My win rates are lower than so many players I would absolutely demolish. This is because I regularly fight top level players and lose to them. The players below me with better stats only have better stats because they are fighting easier opponents.

I agree there is no proof outside of 2 people dueling for supremacy. Even then you need at least a few duels to judge, not just one.

If you can't gauge where you sit, I would assume you are lower than myself. Plenty of good players can confidently claim to be "high level".

I am definitely not top tier or near the pro comp players but I am a high level player. I sit within the top 5-10% of players.

Originally Posted by MayanKingGaming Go to original post
    Pico Ancus
    it depends, how I know?

I ranked Diamond 5 on console with PK which is in itself a feat, I was almost at master level with warlord.
    Now on console there are not so many light parries or super turtles compared to PC.PC is ******g hard at the defense part.People with uber rigs are reacting to unreactables and PCX is full of cheaters and scripters.

Now I´m on PC and even with a meagre rep of 17 overalll they put me out there against 300 or even 400 reps...minimum 70 reps but mostly over 100 reps are against me.
    My ELO is not that great on pc cause this account was for my son at first and he was playing as a kid with a super low grade PC some years ago.
    On Console I was in the top 3 killer by match with my warlord in for honor tracker as Jarl blot.

You know you are high level when people with a lots of reps are destroyed by you, when matchmakings take a lot of time computing a good match (counting your rep and your skill) when you can erase entire teams by yourself and when people send you hate mail or racist slurs cause he got owned in breach 15-0.

You know you are high level other than ranked, in 4vs4 when you are paired at last with people that feint and do baits, 33/33/33 , people that know to gank, people that you won´t survive in a 4 vs 1.

Rigt now in pc I can survive a 2 vs 1 most of the time, but at the begining I literally destroyed teams on my own. a 4 vs 1 against me with these lads of over 100 rep is almost impossible, you best bet is a stalling and pray your team will do something useful.
    Well said, Brother.