nik_lin's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Bing0000 Go to original post
    People just crying 'nerf nerf nerf' for a card that doesn't even need it is pathetic.
    You mean like how some people are going on about SoMM even though the devs have stated that he is fine?

Originally Posted by nik_lin Go to original post
    You mean like how some people are going on about SoMM even though the devs have stated that he is fine?
    Hahaha good one!

Is he fine though? You see SOMM way more than you see Satan (a neutral). It's 'fine' because it brings in the cash!

Oh! Any proof of the devs even saying that? Feels like it's the main thing SOMM players say but it always seems too difficult to get a quote or link...

Hahaha good one!

Is he fine though? You see SOMM way more than you see Satan (a neutral). It's 'fine' because it brings in the cash!
    Sorry, just couldnt help myself

I think there are probably at least 4 common reasons (on the top of my head) you see a lot more SoMM than satan:

- First of all, adventure doesnt have a lot of variation so he becomes a pretty much "must include" card (even though he can never be used against SciFi, so he often remains in hand instead).
    - Secondly, its a matter of cost. Satan has a great warcry but - at least to me - its hard to motivate adding ANY card that costs even 5 unless I know I will be using it a lot.
    - Thirdly, card levels. People start out with adventure, and unlike Incan (whos also adventure) you can start getting copies of SoMM quickly. So odds are more players have him at a good level.
    - Fourth is synergy. There are cheesy SoMM combos involving Santa, Hankey, boxing him in behind slow characters, etc. They are (in my book) a lot more annoying than SoMM himself.

Oh! Any proof of the devs even saying that? Feels like it's the main thing SOMM players say but it always seems too difficult to get a quote or link...
    As far as I can remember, they posted about him at some point in the past, stating they were not planning any balance changes at that time? Who knows, though, I might be mistaken after almost 4 years in the forum, and things can always change

The "fine" part might be a forum truth, probably more like "since they dont nerf him (despite vocal opinions), then they dont really see him as a problem". I.e. he is "fine" as is.

Originally Posted by nik_lin Go to original post
    Sorry, just couldnt help myself

I think there are probably at least 4 common reasons (on the top of my head) you see a lot more SoMM than satan:

- First of all, adventure doesnt have a lot of variation so he becomes a pretty much "must include" card (even though he can never be used against SciFi, so he often remains in hand instead).
    - Secondly, its a matter of cost. Satan has a great warcry but - at least to me - its hard to motivate adding ANY card that costs even 5 unless I know I will be using it a lot.
    - Thirdly, card levels. People start out with adventure, and unlike Incan (whos also adventure) you can start getting copies of SoMM quickly. So odds are more players have him at a good level.
    - Fourth is synergy. There are cheesy SoMM combos involving Santa, Hankey, boxing him in behind slow characters, etc. They are (in my book) a lot more annoying than SoMM himself.
    No worries! It's all in good spirits.

All of those points are valid but SOMM is just broken. He was fine when the game got released but with the addition of so many new cards he just needs a rework. When you play against adventure theme you just know you can't use your 1 removal card on anything els than SOMM. In my opinion there shoudn't be a card in the game that creates such a treat. When you don't have your removal card in hand and you see a santa+SOMM you can just close the game right there.

Your assumption is wrong, I play fantasy-superheroes most times and that means a lot of fighter units, which get Satan's warcry no matter how spread out they are.
    Also, Satan maybe a crappy ranged but very tanky nonetheless. The only way to deal with him is to never commit to a push before he's been played and that is bs. Just like SOMM is total bs card,Satan should have his warcry removed.

Fantasy-Superheroes is my main deck too. Doesn't sound like you got a balanced deck there if the majority is melee units. So yes, Satan will punish you hard for that...
     1 people found this helpful

lukazilla5xg's Avatar Member
    well, this is what you should expect from a legendary card. idk why people keep complaining about cards that are supposed to be powerful. that's non sense
     1 people found this helpful

DAR is a lot more annoying than Satan.