🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Rocksmith Plus launch video

Not sure if this is posted here already. Maybe it will help answer some questions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mgGOOhfR6s
     2 people found this helpful

OldManRico's Avatar Senior Member
    Just highlights a load of stuff I don't care about (very subjective personal view of course). Chord charts, tab notation, acoustic support for example.

Unless... the acoustic input means my dream of Banjosmith can finally become a reality!

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    So we know ubisoft likes puzzles and they put easter eggs in their social media releases.

I suck at music album artwork.

waves by Miguel, Crash Test Dummies, Mark Anthony
    Nsync, Alan Jackson, Brannan Street Blues
    Cyndi Lauper Goonies, Mudvayne
    Dolly Parton, A Tribe Called Qwest, Leonard Coehn, a bunch of foreign songs.
    Pointer Sisters, Air Supply, Waylon Jennings, more elvis
    alabama, joe cocker, luther vandross, bowling for soup, annie lennox
    Weird Al,

Didnt see any Fender gear. Must still be partnered with Gibson/Epiphone.

Originally Posted by pedietz Go to original post

Didnt see any Fender gear. Must still be partnered with Gibson/Epiphone.
    Gibson brands is one partner. Ibanez and Musicman as well.

is that video supposed to get us excited??

I guess it just depends on what you want really.
    The sub model is a deal breaker for many, stop paying the sub and poof all
    the songs are gone.
    TAB folks might be happy.
    new folks that are not already invested in DLC might like it.
    modify LICENCED songs is only of interest to a few.

If this is all it is, sub numbers might be disappointing.

OldManRico's Avatar Senior Member
    I did feel a little more enthusiastic watching Chainbrain's UI overview on YouTube, just because it looks a lot more usable than what I have in Rocksmith 2014.

I like the duck tuning pegs too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoKWUQ3zLJ4

I'm mellowing on the subscription idea. $99 per year would equate to about £6 per month for me. That's less than a single song pack per month, and as it goes there are still plenty of song packs I don't own but would like to. If those are included in Rocksmith+ then it actually sounds like good value as I can save money by not buying them now, and just waiting for Rocksmith+.

(Of course, if DLC I already own is part of the subscription, I'm gonna kinda feel I wasted my money buying them to some extent.)
     1 people found this helpful

futile67's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by tjdrico Go to original post
    (Of course, if DLC I already own is part of the subscription, I'm gonna kinda feel I wasted my money buying them to some extent.)
    It's like the glass being half empty/half full. The money we spent is money we invested in DLC that we've been using all these years, and once we cancel our subscriptions, we will be able to keep using them.

The subscription is not precisely my preferred model, but it's either that or keep using RS2014 with no possibility of new songs (yes, I know there's CDLC, but to find decent songs, you first have to try dozens of terrible ones). I guess I'll try it for a year and then I'll see.

Danny-Ramone's Avatar Senior Member
    I am mellowing on the subscription as well. I just checked, and the pricing for Melodics is $150 per year. I only used Melodics for a couple of months, but that's not the point. The point is that $100 per year isn't that much (compared to 'similar' products) for what you actually get. Especially considering that licensing is involved.

My main objection to the subscription was that I'm being made to pay for content that I already own, but by the looks of it, quite a lot is being added (though I remain skeptical about the 'milions of songs' claim). I also think I might just enjoy the new chord arrangements, as I've grown a bit tired of the 'hit all the notes' approach that Rocksmith takes. I think there may be enough novelty there to make me get back into it, so I will definitely check it out - maybe for a couple of months at first. I do look forward to playing some new content - as that was what kept Rocksmith exciting.

It actually comes at a good moment as well. I've just heard that the studio where I'm taking lessons will be closing in a couple of weeks. Right now, my lessons are a 10 minute walk away and this will likely become a 30-45 min journey, so I suspect I will largely go to Zoom for lessons. A fresh RS experience might make up for the lack of live lessons.
     1 people found this helpful

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by futile67 Go to original post
    and once we cancel our subscriptions, we will be able to keep using them.
    Why wouldnt you?

You still play Rocksmith2011 if you want to play Eric Clapton.

Old school dlc, just start up your Rocksmith2014 copy.

Heck even CDLC still works as long as you use your hacked up Rocksmith 2014 game.

If you want new songs and new features and new training videos, you get the new product.