🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

Assassin's Creed II (Xbxo 360) Unplayable! GameSave corruption.

So I have Assassin's Creed II (Xbxo 360 version) installed on my Xbox Series X through backward compatibility. Every time I get near the end of DNA Sequence 2, the game stops giving me achievements and then when I quit the game it freezes and when I restart it my savegames are GONE. Completely. I've tried resetting the Xbox 360 profile, redownloading cloud saves, nothing helps. As soon as I get to escape from Firenze - it happens. This essentially makes the game unplayable. Fix pls.

Ubi-Keo's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue.

Please go through the console troubleshooting and try again. If that does not work you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

If that still doesn't help then I can only suggest starting a new save as the current save file may be corrupted.

I've tried reinstalling the game, I've cleared Xbox 360 cache on my Series X. And I started a new game. I got a little further - then my save got corrupted AGAIN! The problem is NOT on my end. This game is bugged! And this bug makes it unplayable! Seeing as Ubisoft STILL sells the game and DLC - this MUST be fixed!
    This problem has been happening since at least 2010 (googled it). It is 2021 now! Fix it already!

Ubi-Swaggins's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey Nkond39,

I am sorry to hear that you've been encountering issues with the data being corrupted. Can you confirm if your copy of the game is digital or physical?

Digital for Xbox 360, played on Xbox Series X through backwards compatibility.
    P.S. I suspect that constant data corruption has something to do with uplay functionality of the game. It does not work anymore, since uplay is no more. It should be patched out of the game. Or brought up to current state of Ubisoft connect

Ubi-Swaggins's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey Nkond39,

Thanks for getting back to us on that.

Is it possible for you to attempt to play the title on another Xbox (even if that is the Xbox One) to see if it replicates?

Sure. As soon as you get me one I will. Leave me an email so I can contact you with a shipping address. But I'd prefer a Series S instead of Xbox One. =))
    Seriously you can google it. I am not the only one with this problem in 2021.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...a-09ea7e492057

I had the same issue for my Series X. It is what caused me to instead go with the Ezio Collection instead (and Revelations is having issues there in thread about it).

Patch the game, or remove it altogether from the store if you are unable to fix the save corruptions.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Used_Gamertag Go to original post
    It is what caused me to instead go with the Ezio Collection instead (and Revelations is having issues there in thread about it)..
    It is, probably, what they want you to do. Just buy another game. But if so, they indeed should not only stop selling the original Xbox360 games, they should also issue a full refund to anyone who bought it during the last couple years or so...
    I really don't see that happening. Actually what I realistically see happening is nothing. No patches, no removal of unplayable games, no refunds. Just nothing. This is the world we live in.

Ubi-Litten's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks for providing this additional feedback, while the Ubisoft Support team take no part in any retail decisions I will be sure to forward this information for further review. Just to clarify, could you confirm you are playing the digital download version of Assassins Creed II originally purchased through the Xbox 360 Marketplace? Also, if possible could you confirm whether you are having issues with any other backwards compatible games?