🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    Kirokill's Avatar Senior Member

Time Phase Vs. Fire Crackers

State your favorite.
    Why do you like it more
    Which you find more useful in any circumstance
    What's your strategy

It's optional if you want to not answer all the questions.

I'd go to timephase. Reason goes because of the range and duration. Better use offensively.
    Firecrackers seems to be better defensively because lag can mess up the way you try to find your target and you will eventually if too impatient can kill your shocked civilians. This same applies to the timephase defensively, since just throwing and trying to instantly stun will end you dead.
    Both has almost the same way to stun, either near civilians or circle around.

My strategy for kills goes like this:
    Find my target in a blend group. (Better if not moving)
    Drop TP
    Stand in front of the target with an NPC in between. And wait for focus
    Target may ill the civilian, or may stun you, and even just try to escape, or in some cases, not move.
    Kill him for a hidden focus.

Timephase seems to be better at corner stunning than FC. But FC is better at group stunning, because it blinds.

Tricky question.
    I've become quite adept at using both even though I'm nowhere near Top 100 level, but that doesn't my experiences less valid, does it?
    In a way, they're quite similar, you can use both to stun people or get hidden kills and all that fancy stuff that's going to make you win a game, but there are some differences:
    -TP hides the UI and slows people down
    -FC creates a flash and makes civilians cower in fear
    -TP breaks the lock AFTER 3 SECONDS
    -FC breaks the lock IMMEDIATELY
    -TP has a smaller cooldown

There are situations where one ability is more useful, for instance:
    -Giant group of civilians and you have no idea where your target is (or you're unable to lock them) -> drop FC, spam kill. You cannot kill civilians that are cowering because of YOUR FC. Keep in mind, that a 2nd FC from a different player will override this effect which is hilarious if you both end up killing a civilian
    -You can get bench kills with TP and it often works because your targets will be slow and confused
    -Hidden kills are much more easy to get with TP because the effect lasts and you don't have to depend on your target to kill a civilian
    -Getting Focus and Acrobatic kills is also easier with TP which is useful for variety
    -Other stuff that I forgot to mention
    -FC is a great counter to offensive TP because they never expect it

Overall, I prefer Time Phase, especially in Wanted where people tend to run more often. But both abilities are very good and I would suggest using both, if not to surprise your pursuers. You can use both in one set too and TP + FC is a powerful combo in Manhunt. If you're able to catch multiple pursuers in your TP, drop FC so that they'll lose the lock immediately and get multiple stuns.

Squirrel made a TP tutorial, but I'm going to let him post it.

Right now, Time Phase is the one I like more.

And the reason for this is its offensive potential.

I use TP in deathmatch, and both FC and TP in wanted. In my mind, firecrackers are better for stuns if you use them well (I personally am not that great with them, but they can be awesome), but TP is the better offensive tool, thanks to its slow-down properties.

qubal's Avatar Member

Firecrakers

Firecrackers
    It breaks the lock instantly unlike Time phase
    Great for instant stuns and lures.
    If I see only 1 pursuer approaching then I get in an blend group behind a civilian and throw them down, I always try to get behind a look-a-like to get those 100 bonus points. If there are multiple pursuers then I try to get in a big moving blend group and if timed right I can get multiple stuns. Never use it on offence because 95% of players will run off.

Time phase can be OP at time when there is a moving blend group, even if my target is in front of me, the second I press the kill button the game launches me at an NPC. Then again TP has some other uses like canceling locks even from afar, so it is just as useful as FC.

I'm gonna have to give my vote to Time phase due to it's extreme versatility. It takes a bit of skill to master but when it comes down to it it's not a get out of jail free card. You cant just pop it and automatically get a kill or stun and that's what I like about it. It can be used both offensively ( to keep a hidden multiplier or assist a multi-kill in team modes) and defensively to make your pursuer think twice about an approach. Successfully pulling off a Time phase stun makes me feel like a sneaky tactical assassin, and that's what I'm sure this multiplayer, at It's heart is supposed to be (that's what I think anyway). I could play like cod and run around with pistols and smoke bombs if I wanted a faster play style but Time phase allows me to be sneaky if I desire. And I love it because of that. Time phase can be whatever I need it to be and that's awesome. Best ability since the OP as heck money bomb.

There's not really much I can add...seems like everybody did a great job comparing the two.I love them both,but I usually will opt for TP due to it's range and versatility...but,I personally have much more fun with'crackers...I think it keeps me on my toes a bit more because the timing needs to be a bit more precise.Besides other players don't usually expect FC. Probably the only time I don't get mad at being stunned,is when someone uses FC,in my mind it impresses me...weird,I know Anyways,great topic,hopefully some players will learn some about these two great abilities.

JohnBoyzZ's Avatar Member
    Firecrackers. Pursuer kills civliians, then proceed to get a focus stun. I'm not very good with Time Phase and it never seems to work the way I want it.

Also, FC helped me reach the D&D tourney finals.

well whoever says u can't get hidden kills or use FC offensively is very wrong. FC got a lot of uses defensively and offensively aswell.

You can stun your pursuer, you doesn't have to wait for him to come to you. Get hidden kills with focus So yes it does quite a lot then just being a defensive ability.

On the other hand TP is very useful too, it traps your target, but unlike firecrackers, your pursuer can contest, or stun you, if they know how to.

Well i love FC, but right now i'm using TP simply b'coz i hate runners, i trap them and get my kill. Its also useful defensively, and offensively.

Kirokill can u teach how to exactly circle around, well i know hide behind a civilian but i fail whenever i try to circle around. I end up dead. Few times i managed to pull it out, but it never works all the time.

Do i have to rush stun from behind or like knife maintain a distance to stun?

Kirokill's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by desmond2192 Go to original post
    Kirokill can u teach how to exactly circle around, well i know hide behind a civilian but i fail whenever i try to circle around. I end up dead. Few times i managed to pull it out, but it never works all the time.

Do i have to rush stun from behind or like knife maintain a distance to stun?
    It is mechanic based, but since FC in AC4 are like FC in ACR(The worst and weakest), it is harder to do that, it works in a sense that when you lose your lock, the prompt always shows next the persona in front of you, hence before people know you dropped FC you were gone and they get stunned from behind. Or they are too slow to turn the screen and so you can manage to pull it off. Same applies to TP if you watch Squirrel's video, that you can only kill your target if your camera is facing him.
    Since FC are much weaker in this game and only blinds for 1/5 of a second it is harder. And as you said, it can never work out, an ability isn't absolute and depends on the player to counter it.

pittbull4200's Avatar Member
    My opinion they both suck but you must use them to complete their challenges